Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindripper06

I feel so depressed I want to kill myself sometimes, please REPLY

Its been 2 months since I had a laser genesis treatment and the area looks charred and dark STILL. This was supposed to be a SAFE procedure or so I was lead to believe. I had it done to treat a pink/white circle spot on my face. Not only did it NOT help the pink spot (made it more red) it left the surrounding area of skin DARKENED and it has NOT gone away!

She gave me inflammation cream but it has been useless so far. WHAT DO I DO? I'm so MAD and upset. Is this permanent? PLEASE RESPOND I asked this last time and nobody responded. I really could use some reassurance or advice on what to do!

I wish I could offer advice on what you are experiencing with your skin! But I am not familiar with the procedure you had done...I do however want to offer support and an open ear if you are feeling seriously depressed as I am very familiar with those feelings. I have been battling depression for as long as I can remember.

Hang in there, I know you may be feeling discouraged but there is so much to live for!

Did you ask last time in the emotional section? If so, that may be why you didn't get a response. If you didn't already, try asking over in the light/laser section. I'd usually move this thread over there for you, but the title speaks for itself - you're obviously upset!

I'm not familiar at all with laser treatments, but do hope you can find a solution for the discoloration. How long ago did you get the procedure done and were you warned in advance that discoloration could be a risk?

(p.s. If you do want me to move this thread over to the laser section I will, but I'll need to edit the title to reflect the answers you're seeking. Just shoot me a PM. :) ).

Guest Chrisâ„¢
WHAT DO I DO? I'm so MAD and upset.

What do you mean by charred and dark? If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably post-inflamation/hyperpigmentation from the laser, but I don't exactly get what you mean by "dark and charred". I had 8 fraxel laser treatments done and also several Erbium YAG laser treatments done on the highest settings, and the noticable inflamation/redness from the the YAG laser lasted for several months(it's a c02 laser)... only about a week for the fraxel treatments. I don't know in your case though, because I don't know what you mean by "charred and dark", or what ethnicity you are, how dark your skin is, etc... Also, I don't know what kind of laser you had (c02, partial c02, ablative, non ablative, what depth/energy level?), so It's kind of hard to give advice without that info.

WHAT DO I DO? I'm so MAD and upset.

What do you mean by charred and dark? If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably post-inflamation/hyperpigmentation from the laser, but I don't exactly get what you mean by "dark and charred". I had 8 fraxel laser treatments done and also several Erbium YAG laser treatments done on the highest settings, and the noticable inflamation/redness from the the YAG laser lasted for several months(it's a c02 laser)... only about a week for the fraxel treatments. I don't know in your case though, because I don't know what you mean by "charred and dark", or what ethnicity you are, how dark your skin is, etc... Also, I don't know what kind of laser you had (c02, partial c02, ablative, non ablative, what depth/energy level?), so It's kind of hard to give advice without that info.

I had a laser genesis done, which is a non-ablative laser. But it burned more than I expected when she was doing it.

It left a darkened area on my face in the shape of a triangle, where she performed it. I was told this was a safe procedure and was NEVER told about possible discoloration. Its been 2 months and its mabye faded a bit, but thats it.

It looks like a bruise, an area of darkened skin. I am fair skinned, light skinned. I dont understand why this is happening to me!! Will this fade away?? I have read online that such discoloration might be permanent. I'm so upset about this whole thing I wanna just shoot myself. The derm told me it was INFLAMATION, like you said. Is it permanent? The skin itself is normal just discolored and dark looking!

They did not tell me how high the setting on the laser was, but it was pretty uncomfortable when she was doing it. Is it possible I got stuck with a poorly trained technician? If it will fade, how long?? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!

Edited by mindripper06

Hey, mindripper06.

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with acne, but please check with a counselor on this issue. While you may voice various issues at the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne forum, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. I strongly encourage you to seek a professional assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

(Please check your inbox; I've sent you a PM.) ; )