Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

Gluten free diet

I started the diet 2 weeks ago and I can already tell that my skin is greatly improving. I should also tell you though, that I also started having a green smoothie every morning 2 weeks ago. So I can't say 100% its the gluten free thing, but who cares, my skin is looking pretty awesome

If you make them right then they're delicious. Look some recipes up on youtube. The key is to use cover fruits as i like to call them. Mangoes, Pineapple, banana and other high Gi fruits.

I hope you mean NOT use them. I haven't had high sugar fruits in ages (thank god) but I do put like 1/4 of a banana chopped in my green smoothies. a little cheat hehe. Mine taste DELICIOUS! If you're not having green smoothies I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. They're so godamm good.

gluten free for me cleared me up RIGHT away - I have celiac's disease and Chrons disease in my family so I know i have an intolerance. It might have worked differently for me because of that intolerance but all in all it cleared me up instantly. for 2 years i didnt have a pimple and i even found myself trying to remember the last time I had had a pimple... it was that amazing.

My acne is back now because of stress and hormone imbalances hence the reason why im on this site every day HAHA. and now im on accutane sooo things changed dramatically for me BUT hopefully if you start the correct diet and keep stress out of your life, you will be clear for life!

When all of you are saying a gluten-free diet cleared you, did you also have to eliminate all the trace ingredients of gluten in your diet to see results? For example, you had to avoid licking postage stamps, you had to wash your rice twice before cooking it (to avoid the well-known contamination), you had to avoid oatmeal because of contamination, etc.

Or just removing the major sources of gluten cleared you? (Avoiding wheat, barley, rye...)

Edited by Dotty1

Also, for those of you who are sure that avoiding gluten cleared you, did it take 2 weeks to see the results? Or a month? Or 6 weeks?

Maybe it was just the diet? Because not that many things have gluten in it except for bread, processed food. I really don't think I can pinpoint if I have allergies or what affects me as I've cut everything bad out. I've been meaning to get a food allergy test but all the doctors I know are dodgy.

Maybe it was just the diet? Because not that many things have gluten in it except for bread, processed food. I really don't think I can pinpoint if I have allergies or what affects me as I've cut everything bad out. I've been meaning to get a food allergy test but all the doctors I know are dodgy.

You'd actually be very surprised to find out how many things have gluten in them once you start the diet. For starters, you can't eat wheat, barley, rye, soy sauce, plenty of candies, food colorings, artificial flavors, MSG, and about 100 other innocuous ingredients.