Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dom88

I'm sure I'm not the only one who smokes pot on here....

So I've heard weed can mess with hormones. I'm getting sober, today is day 1. I've been smoking for 4 years straight every day an now its time to get clean. So I'm wondering if anyone can give me any web links talking about the correlation between marijuana and acne or if anyone who has quit smoking and noticed there skin cleared up. Replies are much appreciated!!!!! :)

Dom :)

Hey Dom!

I used to smoke pot occasionally. Then I guess I made friends with the wrong group because I started to do it more. I broke out so bad, and I'm assuming it from the higher stress levels you can get from smoking pot (yes, even though you feel relaxed, it will somehow make you worry about other stuff, without even realizing. Plus also the fact that it just really adds extra toxins into your body) and yeah, I have been sober for probably around 7 or 8 months now, and I must say that I am clearing up! I would also sometimes have the odd cigarette too. I noticed like a week-ish later I would have a new breakout.

So I'm super happy that you have decided to quit! You may not like it at first (I went off cold-turkey, and became VERY grumpy), but just be patient and you'll see results soon! Good on you! :)

So I'm super happy that you have decided to quit! You may not like it at first (I went off cold-turkey, and became VERY grumpy), but just be patient and you'll see results soon! Good on you! :)

Pot is an herb.. and my medicine..

I will smoke this all day..

I'm clearing up just by diet..

I'm sure marijuana is bad for you just by smoking it, but I think the munchies is the worst part.. where you just crave everything bad for you.

Once I controlled that (plus detoxing), I get high and eat healthy foods..

Dom, I'm sure you can always post on here or PM me! I still get "cravings" for it. Not, like, addiction or anything, just times when I feel like it would be soooo awesome to have a joint. lol. But yeah, you'll clear up!

Recoverme: I'm sure you are doing just fine with your diet and detox, but you don't gutta be (basically) negative to someone making a good choice for their body. Giving up pot does more good for you than just helping to clear your skin.

Dom, I'm sure you can always post on here or PM me! I still get "cravings" for it. Not, like, addiction or anything, just times when I feel like it would be soooo awesome to have a joint. lol. But yeah, you'll clear up!

Recoverme: I'm sure you are doing just fine with your diet and detox, but you don't gutta be (basically) negative to someone making a good choice for their body. Giving up pot does more good for you than just helping to clear your skin.

Oh, I was not trying to be negative.

"Giving up pot does more good for you than just helping to clear your skin."

I agree with you 100%, however, I have my reasons why I smoke, just thought I'd like to share. It puts me in reality. I'm not trying to promote using it, in fact I highly disregard it.

However, everyone has their own vices.. alcohol, sex.. for me it was SUGAR, DAIRY, JUNK FOOD, POT..

I eliminated the first 3.. and I'm starting to see results

Is mariujana legal in US?

In most states, it is not. There are some states that allow medical marijuana, but you have to have a prescription for it and carry a card that says you're allowed to have it.

Oh, I was not trying to be negative.

"Giving up pot does more good for you than just helping to clear your skin."

I agree with you 100%, however, I have my reasons why I smoke, just thought I'd like to share. It puts me in reality. I'm not trying to promote using it, in fact I highly disregard it.

However, everyone has their own vices.. alcohol, sex.. for me it was SUGAR, DAIRY, JUNK FOOD, POT..

I eliminated the first 3.. and I'm starting to see results

That's great man! :)

It is def illegal in Canada. =[

But salvia is legal here in Canada!!!

Which is like ... way better. ;)

Kind of weird to compare cannabis and salvia since one gives a mellow, kind of social high which makes you feel better and the other gives you a head fuck from outer space. ;)

On topic: I've read up a bit on the subject (though I'm very far from a daily smoker) and haven't had much conclusive evidence so far. If you feel quitting helps you clear up it's a double positive, though!

So I've heard weed can mess with hormones. I'm getting sober, today is day 1. I've been smoking for 4 years straight every day an now its time to get clean. So I'm wondering if anyone can give me any web links talking about the correlation between marijuana and acne or if anyone who has quit smoking and noticed there skin cleared up. Replies are much appreciated!!!!! :)

Dom :)

Hey, I smoked weed and drank for 5 years. I also did a ridiculous amount of other drugs such as cocaine, LSD, mushrooms, ketamine, benzodiazepenes, heroin, ecstasy, DXM, LSA, DMT, oxycontin, ETC>ETC>ETC. I don't really have anything against cannabis but it definitely doesn't help your skin. It's very dehydrating and you're taking in lots of tar and toxins in the smoke and butane from your lighter. Quitting all of these substances definitely helped me in my journey to get clear. Good luck!

thank you so much for the replies guys!!!

and to anonymou5: thank u i never ever though about tar and toxins in the smoke and butane from your lighter eeeeek! :/

If I get clear after I quit I'm never touching the stuff again!!!! lol

Kind of weird to compare cannabis and salvia since one gives a mellow, kind of social high which makes you feel better and the other gives you a head fuck from outer space. ;)

On topic: I've read up a bit on the subject (though I'm very far from a daily smoker) and haven't had much conclusive evidence so far. If you feel quitting helps you clear up it's a double positive, though!

Lol salvia sure is a head trip. I've done it once and it was the freakiest 20 minute trip ever. Funny story, i was with a bunch of friends. I watched my one friend do it and while I was watching him hold it in for the 60 seconds or so, his eyes slowly glazed over. Turns out he thought he was on a roller coaster with a giraffe and was still conscious and able to hear us but wasn't truly aware of anything other than this "roller coaster ride". Man, it was like 40x extract on our first time around. Absolutely hilarious and at the same time the scariest trip ever. Yay salvia?

On topic: I've quit all tobacco related products but still rip some bud out of a piece every now and then. It does have a minor effect on my acne but I don't truly mind it.

You can avoid the toxins, tars and other crap by using a clean vaporizer or cooking it. Perhaps, some growers use pesticides or chemicals that I am not sure how you can avoid other than *moderator edit*.

Marijuana can depress the immune system, which is never good. Check this out:

"Marijuana smoking also reduced the ability of alveolar macrophages to kill fungi, such as Candida albicans;* pathogenic bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus; and tumor target cells."

Marijuana Candida link

Reminder:

-No promoting illegal behavior.

-No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

That means that this thread is to remain scientific in nature. It is not to be used to share stories of drug use simply for the sake of sharing them, or to promote drug use, substance abuse, or illegal activities.

Stay on track, or the thread will be closed.

Marijuana can depress the immune system, which is never good. Check this out:

"Marijuana smoking also reduced the ability of alveolar macrophages to kill fungi, such as Candida albicans;* pathogenic bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus; and tumor target cells."

This may have more to do with the inhalation of smoke than anything else.

"The reduction in ability to destroy fungal organisms was similar to that seen in tobacco smokers."

It would be interesting to see a study done on those who only inhale vapors or ingest it in food.

I've gone through periods where I smoked a lot of pot, and I've gone through periods where I smoked zero. And throughout all those periods the one consistent thing in my life has been bad acne.

I've gone through periods where I smoked a lot of pot, and I've gone through periods where I smoked zero. And throughout all those periods the one consistent thing in my life has been bad acne.

Pot makes me paranoid, which is basically extreme stress, and we all know stress leads to a breakout. So I never do it.

To the original poster: Try not to think about it. Pick up some other hobbies and get hooked on them. You'll feel so much better about yourself after a while, both physically and emotionally.

wow thanks guys for all the informative posts! munchies are a HORRIBLE thing...cheeseburgers, snickers, and twinkies can't be good for the bod!y lo &l I never thought about the dehydrating effects of bud as well. Well again thanks everyone!!

Dom

wow thanks guys for all the informative posts! munchies are a HORRIBLE thing...cheeseburgers, snickers, and twinkies can't be good for the bod!y lo &l I never thought about the dehydrating effects of bud as well. Well again thanks everyone!!

Dom

haha cheeseburgers...

McDonalds fries are my weakness when i get the munchies- cheap, oily, and salty

does anybody know if too much salt causes acne? (besides dehydration)