Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

How could I use tea tree oil all over my face?

I've been using 100% tea tree oil as a spot treatment and it works miracles. Since I've used BP in the past and totally screwed up my face and didn't even manage to stop acne completely, I was wondering if it would be possible to use tea tree oil in similar manner? All over my face, not just on the spots.

What do you recommend? Obviously it would have to be diluted. I think I've heard something about TTO facial washes. Any comments?

I'm like 80-86% clear with the candida diet but I still break out occasionally. I don't need a super mega acne killer treatment. Just something to get the % to 100....

Edited by hesitation

what brand tea tree oil is it?

You can add a few drops to Grapeseed oil (Grapeseed oil is a carrier oil) and use this on your entire face at night (avoid around the eyes), or you could add a few drops to your daily moisturizer. Continue the spot treatments...

What is your current routine morning and night?

It's Australian Bodycare pure tea tree oil. It's a tiny 30ml / 1.05 oz bottle. It's pretty expensive...

My current regimen is all about the diet. I decided to stop using bp and let nature do it's magic. I use Dan's cleanser morning and night, then moisturize with Xtend-Life men's facial fluid the bottom of my face and AHA on the forehead (seems to keep it clear like that....). And I also do the baby brush regimen at night while I take a shower.

Would adding it to the moisturizer not dry my face out? When I was on BP it almost got me clear but my skin looked awful... flaky and red, even after three months and I wasn't even on the full two pumps, I did even use jojoba oil etc. I hope tea tree oil doesn't do the same.

I use Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil straight-up as a moisturizer, and it's TTO based.

The ingredients are listed as: Soybean Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Sunflower Oil, Vitamin E, Carrot Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Rose Hips Oil, Peanut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Methylparaben (and) Isopropylparaben (and) Isobutylparaben (and) Butylparaben, Fragrance, D & C Red #17, D & C Yellow #11.

If you're allergic or like to avoid parabens, fragrances or dyes then this isn't a good idea, but other than that, it should be safe. I have very cranky, sensitive skin that breaks out at the slightest thing, but this has worked perfectly for me. And if it doesn't work, it's only $3 or so at the drugstore (I got mine in the black hair section) so it's not a huge loss, I suppose.

Edit: I'm not so good at HTML. :confused: