Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ic892003

did anyone have this feeling on accutane?

Recently i havent been feeling like myself.. Im constantly tired and just dont feel like myself, my brain feels BLAH, i wouldnt call it depression but i just feel like its harder to concentrate and i have lack of motivation..... Anyone have similart experienceS??? if it matters im a 20 year old male 40mg twice a day

Yea, I got that feeling, too. Like you, it wasn't a depressed feeling. More like a lazy feeling.

Yes. About a week after the course there was a big improvement, but to be completely honest I didn't feel 100% for several months. Each day was better, but it took awhile.

that is good to know, hopefully it will get better for me as well, ive been off tane for about 4 days and dont really feel much improvement, im hoping im not slipping into some sort of depression

I know exactly what you guys are talking about... when I was on accutane I remember taking a math test and just absolutely blanking out on the whole test... (I got a 39/100, it was the worst grade of my life). I studied for hours before, and I just couldn't remember a thing. I noticed a decline in my overall grades in all of my classes while I was on accutane. I did some research and found a study that shows that Accutane decreases cell proliferation in the hippocampus (the part of your brain responsible for short-term memory)...

Yes, it stopped within a few weeks after I finished my treatment. Honeslty, I can't say whether I felt completely normal after finishing the drug, though. I developed anxiety while on Accutane, and I didn't really feel like I was the same person after I finished the drug. But that's just my case...

Edited by yowasup

Yeah I used to get this when I was on 40mg, my mind felt extremely cloudy yet clear at the same time, and it felt like I wasnt really alive, just kind of going through the motions on autopilot. Very weird state of mind accutane can put you in.

When I was on a 10mg course though I didnt really notice this feeling again.

haha, some ppl that have the same sides i have. I too have noticed a big lack of concentration while on tane. Also i catch myself putting things off. Guess its lack of motivation, my therapy is going to the gym. I told myself before i started tane i would not quit lifting no matter what and so far ( 4 and a half months) i have gone to the gym 3 to 4 time a week. I also try to put the fact that im taking tane in the very back of my mind because otherwise ill be using the treatment as an excuse not to do anything, and so far i have not had any mood or feeling changes. To me its all psychological, one person says you could get depressed from this pill and that thought runs through your head and eventually you make yourself that way

haha, some ppl that have the same sides i have. I too have noticed a big lack of concentration while on tane. Also i catch myself putting things off. Guess its lack of motivation, my therapy is going to the gym. I told myself before i started tane i would not quit lifting no matter what and so far ( 4 and a half months) i have gone to the gym 3 to 4 time a week. I also try to put the fact that im taking tane in the very back of my mind because otherwise ill be using the treatment as an excuse not to do anything, and so far i have not had any mood or feeling changes. To me its all psychological, one person says you could get depressed from this pill and that thought runs through your head and eventually you make yourself that way

I stopped lifting on tane because my joints/muscles were so achy and i got fatigued so easily, that may have played a role in why i feel like this. I just starte working out again and must admit i do feel better but i still dont feel a 100%, i guess i jut have to give it time considering ive been off tane for less than a week

Yeah I feel that way. Struggling to get better. For the last month or so I've been very unmotivated and borderline depressed. Not actually depressed though... I don't know... Maybe actually depressed. Or maybe more like philosophically disillusioned. Nothing matters. Blah to everything.

It is a bit concerning. I definitely feel more "ho hum" about life in general which could mean depression. Life is seeming pretty empty (starting around the time I got to 40 mg) and I admit I've been kind of fantasizing how awesome it would be if I'd never been born, but I'm not sure if I can tell my derm this without sounding some kind of suicide ideation psycho alarm. I don't want to kill myself or anything. I'm a big girl and been through depression cycles a number of times so I'm just trying to muscle through. It might not even really be accutane's fault, who knows. I've had many times in my life when I was depressed without a doubt and what I feel now isn't serious, in comparison. At least I feel I have reasonable control of my emotions.

Edited by lemonlover

Yes, I also became a bit more emotional (in my case, it was probably depression) but I never had headaches or any other symptom. I can't remember having any "depression attacks" recently.

Emotional. That's a great description. Like others have mentioned, I wasn't depressed (although I have gone through depression before), but was definitely emotional...like a constant state of PMS. It sucked. :lol: