Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjurbanus

Spontaneous Scarring Condition - AMVC - Atrophia Maculosa Varioliformis Cutis - Pitted Scars Suddenly Appearing - Not Acne

7 hours ago, Skinweird58 said:

did you get it the first time after being on accutane?

no ...i am taking accutane for first time

and neither that timw i used any retin ..tretinoin vitamin A

it just started randomy and formed 4 to 5 linear lines on my face which are deep and large and some boxcar type scars also but those are shallow

I don't think vitamin A (accutane, etc) is the cause, i don't believe that theory. I think you should be okay with the accutane. i have boxcar that are somewhat shallow they look like acne scars, a couple linear scars. I hope yours fully stopped. From what I've read it seems with many cases with people who didnt have it from childhood, that this eventually stops. 

19 hours ago, Skinweird58 said:

I don't think vitamin A (accutane, etc) is the cause, i don't believe that theory. I think you should be okay with the accutane. i have boxcar that are somewhat shallow they look like acne scars, a couple linear scars. I hope yours fully stopped. From what I've read it seems with many cases with people who didnt have it from childhood, that this eventually stops. 

i also dont support this as a vitamin A theory

REASON- My brother also have these scars but he is lucky as he developed only 2 to 3 linear scars randomly which he never noticed...as he is not conscious about scars and his skin and his skin is nice...he never ever touched any retin a ..or vitamin A or accutane.

this disease is totally genetic

my question is do these shallow or AMVC scars have lost skin appendages like hair follicles as happens with true scar tissue

i think these AMVC scars are just indentations in skin and havent lost appendages. ..just my assumption

The scars are indentations, likely decrease in elastic fibers. The dermatologist says laser would work on these scars. Depends on if you have a lot ( i do on one cheek more than the other) whereas like your brother only got 2 scars so no point in really trying to get rid of them. 

Has anyone with this random scarring ever had any kind of positive ANA result? I’ve had a positive reading twice, but have not followed up on further testing to see what it could be.

6 hours ago, Skinweird58 said:

The scars are indentations, likely decrease in elastic fibers. The dermatologist says laser would work on these scars. Depends on if you have a lot ( i do on one cheek more than the other) whereas like your brother only got 2 scars so no point in really trying to get rid of them. 

i think skin appendages are still there as no major trauma caused to the skin there...

Yes same with me.

Did you ever see a doctor that had any experience with other patients to let you know if their random scars started up again later? Its hard to find case reports but the ones that do usually didn't have any followups from years later. I found a few that said the patients didn't have new scars, they were stable.

19 hours ago, Skinweird58 said:

Yes same with me.

Did you ever see a doctor that had any experience with other patients to let you know if their random scars started up again later? Its hard to find case reports but the ones that do usually didn't have any followups from years later. I found a few that said the patients didn't have new scars, they were stable.

in my brother and mine case it stopped 2 yrs ago and till now it havent started again

i am just curiois about one thing

like chicken pox scars and trauma scars the appendages of skin are lost means those are not only indentations in skin but they also dont have any pores and follicles in it.

in AMVC scars theres no actual trauma to skin ...so maybe they could be just indentations in skin and still have pores and hair follicles in it(in one of my AMVC scar i noticed this..that is presence of some bumpy texture which is also present in normal skin when look magnifying

I see what you are saying, yes the texture is still normal just the indentation is still an atrophic scar. Its not a major scar in depth and size. That's probably why Laser or microneedling would work on these and these scars are shallow so probably wouldn't need many sessions. You have to find a dermatologist that is known to be good at laser because a lot of the results are based on their skill. The treatment is there but when you are going through the period where these scars are still progressing on your face and hasn't stopped it becomes a bit scary because you don't know how long this will last.  Also yes its genetic but there have been some cases where its not. Yours totally is genetic if your brother has it. 

Once you are done with accutane you can look into treatments if you are interested because treatment for atrophic indendation type scars has a come a long way.