Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onceperfect

when is it going to be over?

Just the drugs every day, having to take them i'm fed up.

And i'm still not cured, sure i'm much better, but the pimples still show up now and then, and the one always in the same place on my cheek, i feel like anytime i stop fighting they are all going to flood back in.

I'm getting tired, this crap is getting the better of me, i'm not cured, i want a cure, but i don't want to take accutane and lose my night vision.

Unfortunately, there is no cure. That's the kick in the pants of this skin disease. Even Accutane isn't a cure. Still, there is hope. Many people have overcome acne with persistance. Don't give up!

I agree. The maintenance sure is a pain in the ass. I stopped topical medication and switched directly to supplements/antibiotics. Little did I know I was just trading one evil for another. I mean, I am SO glad I'm not applying Ziana and BP morning and night anymore. Going to bed with nothing on your face is a GREAT feeling. Now though, I have to remember to take Vitamin A, D, E, Zinc and Fish Oil in the morning, a Doxycycline after I eat breakfast, a Doxycycline after I eat dinner and Niacin at night. Ehhhh, no fun.

Just the drugs every day, having to take them i'm fed up.

And i'm still not cured, sure i'm much better, but the pimples still show up now and then, and the one always in the same place on my cheek, i feel like anytime i stop fighting they are all going to flood back in.

I'm getting tired, this crap is getting the better of me, i'm not cured, i want a cure, but i don't want to take accutane and lose my night vision.

If you're getting one in the same exact spot over and over again, do you think it could be staph infection? I had a friend get diagnosed with staph infection when she thought she had had acne for years...

i'll be taking accutane soon (i hope). i don't care about the side affects, i just want my life back, you should join me

No, care about the side effects. Accutane isn't the type of drug that has you waking up in the morning feeling happy and liberated.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Accutane taking away your night vision? I was on accutane for 9 months, and I can see just fine in the dark (oxymoron lol?). I was hardcore suicidal throughout my entire course of accutane, but I was uneducated about accutane back then, and looking back now, it was one of the best things that I ever did. The side-effects that I experienced were suicidal depression (my own lack of knowledge about accutane), dry, bleeding lips, and constant upset stomache for months and months. I had really bad cystic acne, and the accutane actually was like a miracle cure. I tried everything before accutane, antibiotics (which suck balls and cause more acne), proactive (lol, what a joke), and every otc product known to man, but nothing worked until I went on accutane. I've been clear of acne for around 8 years now (except for the occasional cyst every couple of months), and my acne was fucking horrendus. Like 20 oozing cysts on my face all the time for several years. Accutane isn't that dangerous if you educate yourself before taking it, the main side effect for concern is the depression, but if you educate yourself before going on it, you will understand that the feelings you get while taking accutane aren't real, it's just a side-effect, and it will pass.

If you have like 4-5 non-cystic pimples on your face like those poser bitches on the proactive commercials (lol), then no, don't go on accutane... but if you have cystic acne, then yes, accutane is a very helpful drug.

Accutane taking away your night vision? I was on accutane for 9 months, and I can see just fine in the dark (oxymoron lol?). I was hardcore suicidal throughout my entire course of accutane, but I was uneducated about accutane back then, and looking back now, it was one of the best things that I ever did. The side-effects that I experienced were suicidal depression (my own lack of knowledge about accutane), dry, bleeding lips, and constant upset stomache for months and months. I had really bad cystic acne, and the accutane actually was like a miracle cure. I tried everything before accutane, antibiotics (which suck balls and cause more acne), proactive (lol, what a joke), and every otc product known to man, but nothing worked until I went on accutane. I've been clear of acne for around 8 years now (except for the occasional cyst every couple of months), and my acne was fucking horrendus. Like 20 oozing cysts on my face all the time for several years. Accutane isn't that dangerous if you educate yourself before taking it, the main side effect for concern is the depression, but if you educate yourself before going on it, you will understand that the feelings you get while taking accutane aren't real, it's just a side-effect, and it will pass.

If you have like 4-5 non-cystic pimples on your face like those poser bitches on the proactive commercials (lol), then no, don't go on accutane... but if you have cystic acne, then yes, accutane is a very helpful drug.

Beating accutane depression, or any depression for that matter, isn't as easy as just telling yourself "this isn't real." I took accutane almost three years ago and I'm still depressed out of my mind. I've been on anti-depressants/anxiety pills ever since cycling off of Accutane. If I miss doses, like I did last week, I start losing it and harming myself. I ended up in the hospital four months ago because I forgot my medications at home when I went on a two week vacation. I ended up jamming a scissors through my arm. Why? Because I just felt that I had to do it. I never felt like doing this bullshit to myself before Accutane.

Accutane is a serious drug with serious side effects that one may or may not have to live with for the rest of his life.

You should try accutane, to be honest there's too many bullshit horror stories about accutane floating around. Accutane was the best decision of my life, I really mean that.

Best of luck to you.

You should try accutane, to be honest there's too many bullshit horror stories about accutane floating around. Accutane was the best decision of my life, I really mean that.

Best of luck to you.

lol. Right, because you had no side effects means all of the horror stories are bullshit. I guess I'll go openly support the use of anabolic/androgenic steroids since I didn't get any side effects with those.

I did consider some kind of infection like follucilitis but not staph! thanks for that, why don't doctors ever tell you this shit or consider things like that? They only care about money.

Accutane ... sigh, i didn't actually believe that it causes depression untill i read what you guys have said... i have a history of depression and also in my family perhaps i should watch out.... eep. But still i'm considering it.. a derm told me maybe i should just take it for a month because even a month may help me..... hmm what do you think would that do anything

Still.. considering it. I was always thinking "why me, why me... why now when i hit my 20s why not before.... but then it turns out that acne is in my family.. its genetic... so atleast not ihave a reason for it and know its not something i'm doing.... somehow that makes it better.