Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vilad

Accutane + Paracetamol

Hi,

so today i woke up with a cold, and decided that i had to take some medication so i could feel a little better

im on a 20mg accutane daily dosage and i took a drug called "Ben-u-ron" 1g (i live in portugal) which contains Paracetamol (acetaminophen).

I dont know if it was a good decision since paracetamol can damage your liver, so can accutane.

I have searched the internet, and i have seen some people saying it was ok to take both, others saying it was wrong

Any help would be apreciated :P

Hi,

so today i woke up with a cold, and decided that i had to take some medication so i could feel a little better

im on a 20mg accutane daily dosage and i took a drug called "Ben-u-ron" 1g (i live in portugal) which contains Paracetamol (acetaminophen).

I dont know if it was a good decision since paracetamol can damage your liver, so can accutane.

I have searched the internet, and i have seen some people saying it was ok to take both, others saying it was wrong

Any help would be apreciated :P

I work at a hospital and asked the pharamcist that works in my unit. She said that taking aceteaminophen is fine with Accutane as they are broken down by different parts of the liver. When I had a could 2 weeks ago I took half the dose of cold medicine that I normally would and tried to mainly take Vitamin C instead.

Thank you for the info ^^

i was worried about the fact that both medicines together could damage my liver :)