Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brissyguy

Puredeming or Skin laboratory or Makeup artists choice?

Hey guys! I'm sick of paying full price for skin peels which I get at least once a month. I've been reading alot and these are the three websites that are the most popular and have a good selection of products.

www.puredeming.com

www.makeupartistschoice.com

www.skinlaboratory.com

Sorry for being a pain in the ass; but additionally, since I can't decide, which one of these looks better to you ingredients wise?

Lactic acid 1 (35%): Lactic Acid, deionized water, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, propylene glycol, propyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate.

Lactic acid 2 (40%): Deionized Water, Lactic Acid (40%), Glycerin, Witch Hazel, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxethyl Cellulose, Sodium Citrate. pH 2.2

Lactic acid 3 (40%): Purified Water, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Licorice Extract, Neolone (Preservative).

Salicylic acid 1 (20%): Salicylic acid, propylene glycol, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7

Salicylic acid 2 (5%): Salicylic Acid, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol. pH 2.3

I'm interested in glycolic acid but it's the most potent and unstable out of the BHA's + AHA's.

PureDeming and MakeupArtists are both excellent sites. PureDeming makes very good topicals as well. Their Intense Gel R-ALA is an awesome product for red marks. I purchased that for probably 2 years straight and I can't say enough good about it.

Thanks Denise :)

You gave me the link to the skin laboratory last time, haven't you tried it? Or were you just trying to find a 'uk' site for me out of the goodness of your heart? :P The products are good but you can tell from the website that half of the reviews are fake (same person, same day, even same words!)

Makeupartists choice has ridiculous shipping to Australia ($30) compared to puredeming ($12) and SL ($18) and their products also look very home brand/dodge and I don't like the ingredients in their Salicylic. However, they do have TCA which is apparently a really good acid.

Finally, Puredeming might be the way to go. Cheap shipping, good prices, pretty bottles, good work ethics. Do you recommend getting the glycolic as well or staying away from it? Also the lactic acid is 40% so that's all good but the salicylic is only 5%, would that be enough seeing as most websites have higher?

P.s: THE Intense Gel R-ALA is only for red marks not acne, so I night try that down the track. It's $65 though so I've got some saving to do!

(Which products did your son buy? Just salicylic from puredeming? :))

Hey! Sorry for the maybe belated reply but for some reason I didn't receive an email saying I had a reply for this thread.

Well gylcolic acid is the best because it can travel further into the skin but it's also the most potent and unstable so most people stick with lactic (since it is also a moisturiser) and salicylic (very popular in most acne products).

I pay full price for (I'm 99% sure) TCA so I was going to buy it from the makeuparistschoice website but their shipping is expensive and I don't want to try their products right now.

I'm going to order off puredeming instead.

No, we have ordered peels from several online sites. The one my son is using is is from Skin Laboratories. I use a lactic acid peel from them.

I say you should have good success with Pure Deming. I cannot say enough good about them. They use great quality ingredients, and only want happy customers. They are just great to deal with and very helpful. They quickly answer any e-mails or questions directly.

Hi denise, I have read before that you mentioned how good vitamin c serum is for red marks, do you know which form of vitamin c is better l ascorbic acid or ascorbic palmitate?

Thanks guys.

I ended up buying Jessner's and TCA 15% from MUAC.

The shipping was horrible but alot of people use these products for scarring with good results.

I've unsubscribed from this thread so please pm for further questions or recommendations.