Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeedChange

My personal Accutane Log

Hey all,

So I've decided that I will share my accutane experiences using a log. I started taking accutane on January 10th. A couple of days after starting accutane my face became very dry (which is definitely a drastic change from having oily skin) and my lips and eyes became dry as well. I am a contact wearer so the dry eyes are really irritating. I am using aquafor on my lips and I bought some re-wetting drops for contacts to help keep my eyes moisturized. After a week of using accutane I developed some weird chest pains. It felt as if there was some pressure in my chest. I also developed overall back pains, which are really annoying. I stopped taking the accutane and called my dermatologist. She said she didn't believe that the pains are related to the accutane :think:. I started taking it again and the pains are diminishing and so is my dryness. I have now been on it for about 2 weeks. My face is getting worse but I knew that this would happen. I will post pictures withing a months difference of each other!

For my skin care regimen I am using Dermalogica's medibac face wash (it is meant for acne). I am a licensed esthetician and I trained with Dermalogica's products and they are amazing. I am also using Dermalogica's Skin Smoothing Cream as a moisturizer.