Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAY 2

Hey ya'll!

So basically this is another one of those Accutane logs that are so popular on this site! =p

I guess I'll start with a brief background on moi!

I've had acne ever since I was ten years old, I'm now 17 (18 in July). The WORSE period for my acne was when I was 13. It was basically as bad as it gets. Thankfully, ever since I turned 17 it's started to clear up A LOT. In fact, I'm sure once I post the pictures of my skin your all going to go "why are you even on Accutane?!" because right now my skin is honestly the BEST I've seen it in seven years.

The reason for this is that my derm was like "the clearer your skin is when you start Accutane, the better the outcome will be and you could even skip over the inital breakout!" Of course, because a huge fan of skipping over the IB lol I said I'd give anything a shot to get my skin semi-clear, which I have!

I'm happy with how far I've come in just a year but I started all this solely for 'tane, therefore I plan on still using 'tane.

Sooooo... welcome to day 2 of my Accutane journey!

I currently only have three actives I guess you could say... they're kinda tiny and just starting to come through the skin, you know? and their on my forehead -_- but one is on the right side of my face... kinda close to my hair line on my cheek (you can actually see it in one of the pics I'm gonna post).

I also have a BUNCH of like gathered little.. almost like bumpy white spots, along my chin. I've had these FOREVER, so it's nothing new but I'm hoping 'tane will make them disappear! :dance: I tried to take a picture of them as best I could but they don't really show up well in pics.

I also have blackheads EVERYWHERE, but again, they're hard to see in pics and their kinda almost under the skin. They're really annoying, they look like just big pores but my derm told me they were blackhead so *Shrugs* whatever lol

Also my face can get really red and my derm says that's because I have acne rosacea.. and apparently Accutane can help with the rosacea too sometimes, so hopefully it will!

I currently get about one to two crysts every two weeks or so. I know this isn't as bad as everyone else, but again, my skin is pretty clear right now. I use to get about three to four crysts every week! And I'm scared that'll start happening again :doubt: but lets hope not!

Um... I also have a lot of red marks, like scars, left from acne and I'm currently using Derma E Scar Gel three times a day every day for that but I've only used it for a week and it says it takes about three months! to see results, so I'll wait.

Um.. what else? .... oh!! my 'tane dosage is currently 40mg every morning. My derm is kinda taking this by the month so we don't know if my dosage will be uped or how long I'll be on Accutane. However, my derm did say he expects to keep me on 'tane for about 4 to 5 months because he knows I've been fighting the battle of acne forever and really wants it to be gone pretty much just as much as I do, which I'm glad about actually.

Also I'm currently not really seeing any side effects from 'tane.. which I didn't think I would on day 2! haha, however I'm over thinking things and therefore I keep thinking my skin is really dry and itchy but I think it's fine =)

okay... I just tried uploading some pictures on here but it won't let me upload ANY... is this why most people use photobucket to show their pics? =/

Okay, well I have homework to do so I'll get back on the pictures sometimes this weekend, promise! I just need some time to fiddle around with photobucket then because I don't want anyone finding my pictures that I don't want to see them kinda thing, eek! that'd be embrassing, I never go outside without makeup on!

If anyone has any tips on how to help me make my photobucket thing private but still allow people from here to see, that'd be great!

Also, if anyone has any tips for using Accutane that'd also be great ^_^

oh yeah! I'm also NOT using a generic brand of 'tane. I refuse to and therefore my pharmacy promised me to give me the Accutane brand every month :)

Umm.. so yeah, that's about it =) sorry for the longness of this post and I promise others will be shorter! =p

I look forward to reading others logs and hopefully getting some followers of mine :pray: lol

ps. my name is Gillian =)

Edited by conspiracy83

Um... I also have a lot of red marks, like scars, left from acne and I'm currently using Derma E Scar Gel three times a day every day for that but I've only used it for a week and it says it takes about three months! to see results, so I'll wait.

Very good stuff. I always try to put it on 3 times a day and then once again before bed. It takes quite a while to work but I'm already seeing a great improvement with my red marks. Better than some prescriptions I was on actually! The red marks are so stubborn anyway. I would rather wait 3 months than the normal 6-12 without any products!

I hope your treatment goes well and I look forward to seeing pictures!

Also you were actually able to get the Accutane brand? I thought for sure that they took it entirely off of the market.

Very good stuff. I always try to put it on 3 times a day and then once again before bed. It takes quite a while to work but I'm already seeing a great improvement with my red marks. Better than some prescriptions I was on actually! The red marks are so stubborn anyway. I would rather wait 3 months than the normal 6-12 without any products!

I hope your treatment goes well and I look forward to seeing pictures!

Also you were actually able to get the Accutane brand? I thought for sure that they took it entirely off of the market.

Yeah, I'm starting to really like the Derma E stuff, especially because its all natural and has no animal testing and all that ^_^

I'm pretty sure I have the actual Accutane brand.. the package I have says "Accutane Roche 40" (I'm guessing the 40 stands for 40mg as that's what I'm taking) and then underneath that it says "Isotretinoin capsules USP, Nodular/inflammatory and conglobate acne therapy". I'm in Canada... maybe it's just off the market in the US? (If that's where you're from lol sorry I don't know, but I find most people on this site are from either the US or the UK haha)

so yeah.. I'm definately not on claravis or whatever is that other people seem to be taking. In all honesty I've never even heard of claravis other than on this site lol

Edited by conspiracy83

Good luck, Gillian! Man, I need to get some of that scar gel for myself. That sounds really nice.

But 40 mg sounds really high! Then again, I'm on 10 mg...

--Sofie

Edited by hyenalucretia

DAY 3

Okay so I've played around with photobucket a bit and figured you can make ablums private. However, I have no idea if you guys will be able to see them so if you can't, just tell me and I'll try to fix it. If all this doesn't work out I'll end up just making it public. It's not the end of the world if people I know in person see pictures of me without makeup on, right? lol

so here's a picture taken in August of 2009 of me WITH makeup on:

make-up!

and then these are the ones without makeup taken yesterday:

right side

left side

Obviously my skin looks a lot worse in person. But still, it's been pretty damn good lately.

sorry I don't have any of my whole face. I'll try to get some another time. I've just been pretty busy with school lately. I'm in grade 12 and apparently as soon as your about to leave high school all your teachers decide to give you more homework load! My grades are pretty good though. I got an early acceptance and scholarship to a university! I'm pretty proud about that even though it was the university I least wanted to go to and the scholarship isn't THAT much, but whatever! I still got in early =)

Acne-wise: My face is still doing extremely well, and like I said in my last post I'm sure all of you are going to freak out and tell me I shouldn't be on Acctuane. The thing is though ya'll aren't derms and I think if I wasn't suppose to be on it than my derm wouldn't of told to go on it. Plus, my derm has seen me in person without makeup and seen me when my skin is WAY worse. So I think he knows =)

I've got a few spots I can feel forming under my skin and I have the horrible habit of picking even when the spot hasn't completely formed. BUT I'm trying extremely hard not to touch my face cause I don't want anymore scars!

Side Effects: Obviously on day 3 I really don't think I have any side effects yet. But I have noticed one thing from the blood work I had done about a week ago. So obviously my derm had to make sure I'm all healthy to go on 'tane and I had my blood work done on my left arm and then a week later I had to have blood taken from the same arm again before I started 'tane. Well now my arm feels really.. I don't know how to describe it. Just whenever I move my arm it feels like something is pulling inside it and it hurts. My mom says it's just me over-reacting which is possible, but still.. it hurts! lol

I do have a question for a lot of you people on Accutane though.

I have my nose pierced and I've heard from others and my derm that your nose can get really dry and you may get nose bleeds etc etc. Well I was wondering if maybe I should take out my piercing?

My derm didn't say anything about it but I don't know if he's noticed it as I wear like a small little diamond and most people I meet never really notice it till I mention it lmao.

So is there anyone else out there on accutane that has something pierced? And what do you do about it?

I use to have my labret pierced (just under my bottom lip - for any of you that don't know what a labret is lol) and I took it out as it was damaging my gums. I'm kinda glad I took it out now cause I think it'd be a pain in the ass while on accutane.

Also, I'd just like to say I'm kinda glad I'm not in the US lol. I've been reading logs and I feel sorry for so many of the US people on 'tane that have had problems with the iPledges system they have. Don't get me wrong, it's good thing to have for everyones safety but I feel like I had it so much easier. I just had to get my blood work done, wait a week, sign two forms - one a constent form saying I knew about the side effects and shit and one for the birth defects and that I promise not to get prego while on 'tane or a couple months after - and then I had my little hands on Accutane. The whole process only took a week for me but I feel like others had to wait forever =(

ANYWAYS! Sorry, I always write way too much! Hope everyone's doing well and I hope my pictures work! Inform me if they don't and I'll fix it ASAP =)

bye! :cool:

Edited by conspiracy83

Agh, you are so adorable! You do look like you're doing well right now, acne-wise, but I imagine you're like me and you have random "good periods" where it's mostly smooth with, like... pseudo-scars. (if that term even makes sense :0 )

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm still hoping and waiting for mine. Any idea what you want to study yet?

And ugh, you really are lucky! iPledge is super annoying to go through. Like I said in my log, a couple of lazy nurses at the clinic caused me to have to wait another month to get my accutane because I wasn't even in the database thing!

I dunno what to do about your piercing, though, sadly...

--Sofie

Your freakin gorg:) u are truely model material

I hope everything works about amazing! im sure it will. stay positive.

And hyenalucretia ur so pretttty :) I love ur hairrr and makeup.

Both of u, best of luck!

xo

hyenalucretia: aww thanks ^_^ I just checked your log and you posted a pic of yourself and you're gorgeous! Also, love the homemade skirt! When I started high school I use to make a lot of my own clothes and now I'm too busy to that which sucks =( I miss it.

Thanks ^_^ I'm one of those people that have planned out my life till the day I die lol which you would think is a good thing but it's actually horrible. I know exactly what I'm meant to be career-wise (I want to be a writer.. write novels) but when it comes to school I just want to study everything! See, the thing is writing isn't exactly a job unless you're completely famous. When you write a book, as the author you only get 10% of what the book is worth. So say you go to buy a book and you spend 20 bucks on it.. well the author only gets about $2 of that! Therefore, I need, what I call, a back-up job. I've been thinking about social work.. being an adoption counsellor. But at the same time I don't know if that's the right path for me, you know? Therefore, I've signed up for psychology/soicology lol

What about you? What do you plan for your future? (also sorry I wrote so much! Like I've said before, I have a habit of writing too much!)

x.Kiki.x: aww thank you, I disagree but thanks lol ^_^ I haven't seen a full pic of you but by the little pic you have as your avator I can surely say you're gorgeous too!

DAY 4

There's really nothing totally new to report, I'm just trying to avoid doing my homework pretty much lol.

acne-wise: I'm stupid a picked two of my spots and now they're all scab-y and blah =( however, I always think they look better scab-y than gross and zit-y lol that make sense? Ah well, I just don't want anymore scars!

by the way, if I ever share too much info in my posts, just tell me lol

side effects: Today my eyes are REALLY itchy. I guess it's the start of them getting dry? I have moisturizing drops for my eyes but I'm horrible with poking my eyes or dropping liquids into them lol. I'm trying though! However, they don't seem to help that much. Ah well.

My mouth feels kinda dry too but I think that's because I'm not a big water drinker. I know that everyone, even derms, say to drink so much water while on accutane but I'm just not one of those people that drinks water every second they get. If I do, I just gotta pee a lot lmao. However, I'm trying to drink more! Just like the eye drops, it'll take some time but I'll get into a routine and be good, hopefully.

My lips or skin aren't dry at all though. I've been moisturizing and putting lip balm on like crazy!

That's about it. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may take more pictures. There isn't much change in my skin though so I don't know if there's really any point. However, this coming Thursday I will take pics no matter what because that'll be the one week mark! Wooo!

Am I too overly excited about all this? lol

I'm still freaking about the IB but I just keep reminding myself of what's to come - clear skin.. and not just clear skin but clear skin by the summer time!! Eeek! :wiggle:

Edited by conspiracy83

hyenalucretia: aww thanks ^_^ I just checked your log and you posted a pic of yourself and you're gorgeous! Also, love the homemade skirt! When I started high school I use to make a lot of my own clothes and now I'm too busy to that which sucks =( I miss it.

Thanks ^_^ I'm one of those people that have planned out my life till the day I die lol which you would think is a good thing but it's actually horrible. I know exactly what I'm meant to be career-wise (I want to be a writer.. write novels) but when it comes to school I just want to study everything! See, the thing is writing isn't exactly a job unless you're completely famous. When you write a book, as the author you only get 10% of what the book is worth. So say you go to buy a book and you spend 20 bucks on it.. well the author only gets about $2 of that! Therefore, I need, what I call, a back-up job. I've been thinking about social work.. being an adoption counsellor. But at the same time I don't know if that's the right path for me, you know? Therefore, I've signed up for psychology/soicology lol

What about you? What do you plan for your future? (also sorry I wrote so much! Like I've said before, I have a habit of writing too much!)

x.Kiki.x: aww thank you, I disagree but thanks lol ^_^ I haven't seen a full pic of you but by the little pic you have as your avator I can surely say you're gorgeous too!

DAY 4

There's really nothing totally new to report, I'm just trying to avoid doing my homework pretty much lol.

acne-wise: I'm stupid a picked two of my spots and now they're all scab-y and blah =( however, I always think they look better scab-y than gross and zit-y lol that make sense? Ah well, I just don't want anymore scars!

by the way, if I ever share too much info in my posts, just tell me lol

side effects: Today my eyes are REALLY itchy. I guess it's the start of them getting dry? I have moisturizing drops for my eyes but I'm horrible with poking my eyes or dropping liquids into them lol. I'm trying though! However, they don't seem to help that much. Ah well.

My mouth feels kinda dry too but I think that's because I'm not a big water drinker. I know that everyone, even derms, say to drink so much water while on accutane but I'm just not one of those people that drinks water every second they get. If I do, I just gotta pee a lot lmao. However, I'm trying to drink more! Just like the eye drops, it'll take some time but I'll get into a routine and be good, hopefully.

My lips or skin aren't dry at all though. I've been moisturizing and putting lip balm on like crazy!

That's about it. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may take more pictures. There isn't much change in my skin though so I don't know if there's really any point. However, this coming Thursday I will take pics no matter what because that'll be the one week mark! Wooo!

Am I too overly excited about all this? lol

I'm still freaking about the IB but I just keep reminding myself of what's to come - clear skin.. and not just clear skin but clear skin by the summer time!! Eeek! :wiggle:

Thank u hunni! I will be posting more pics soon! And yes u are! :) Dont worry acne doesnt take over the natural beauty. When it goes all that is left is just that and you will agree with me :)

Just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck! My skin is similar to you in that my skin is looking pretty good just as I start Accutane. Of course, 6 months of other prescriptions are the only reason my skin is this clear.

However, I've only had one new active since starting Accutane, and I'm on Day 17.

Good luck!

faithinhim: Oooh, your skin was kinda the same? interesting... I'm gonna read your log once I finish updating here but did you have an IB?

Anyways good luck!! Hope all goes well with your course ^_^

DAY 5

Acne-wise: Breaking out a bit more but nothing I can't handle. In fact I'm kinda glad because a) that means Accutane is doing its job even if it's not a HUGE breakout, and b) it's breakout where I've had these stupid bumps on my chin forever and it's like clearing them out now thank god!

side effects: Nothing major. My skin does feel like its drying out a bit more now on my face, shoulders and hands. It's kinda just itchy-ish but nothing too bad at all. My face is still oily and gross, uck.

I usually blow dry and straighten my hair every morning but today it was rainy so I didn't and my hair felt a little brittle, but again, nothing major.

The only thing I would call a real side effect right now is my headaches. I get them whenever I'm just sitting around not doing anything which sucks. Plus, I'm really tired lately. Then again, I'm always tired so that could not be a side effect at all.

As for anything else in my life.. well, I just have to give everything a big, old sigh.

Basically my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary was last Wednesday and he never showed up or gave me a message to say where he was (though we live in different countries right now, we were going to talk on skype and such). When I talked to him Thursday we got into this big fight and he said he missed Wednesday because he had his cousins birthday party to go to. Now normally as soon as he said that I would of been like "okay, whatever." But the thing is we've been going through a rough patch and he didn't even message me to tell me that's the reason he wasn't there! So naturally I was just more pissed off and.. urgh, it just turned into another stupid argument between him and I and now I haven't talked to him since that Thursday.

Now I'm naturally a person that just worries like crazy and his mom hasn't been well lately so I'm worrying he's either not talking to me because of that or because he just doesn't want to talk to me.

Bah! It's just all around stressful.

The funny thing is my best friend is telling me that I should start moving on now because what if he doesn't come back? But we've gotten on each others nerves before and one of us always comes back, so in my head I keep thinking this'll blow over and things will get better. But.. what if my friend's right?

*sighs* I don't know. Sorry for vanting on here but I just needed to get that all out to people that I don't have to deal with on a daily basis lol (no offence ;) )

Ah well! Life will go on! Plus, school is so busy I have no time to complain about my life lol also my life isn't as bad as it could be =)

p.s. I'll try to post pictures the next time I update

Edited by conspiracy83

Hey I'm glad you think the Accutane is working for you. Even if it is the I.B. it's good to hear it seems to be doing its job.

Also sorry to hear about issues with your bf. I totally feel you on being a worrier when it comes to stuff like that. I hope everything works out!

I'm on Day 19, and no initial breakout to report yet. In fact, I've had a total of 2 new pimples. One of them is so tiny, no one else would even notice.

However, I've read of some people getting IB's later in their course, especially when their dosage is increased. I figure I'll have one eventually. But, it'd be really nice if I didn't.

Mocha_001: Thanks ^_^ hope everything works out well for you too!

faithinhim: Yeah, I read your log. Damn, I really hope I don't get an IB! Or at least not a horrible one. I could handle a couple pimples here and there but if my whole face explodes that'd be depressing lol

I hope you and I don't get any IB for the rest of our courses!

DAY 6

I think I'm addicted to posting everyday. I was gonna wait till tomorrow cause I wanted to post pictures today but I'm too lazy to drag out the camera now. Therefore I'll make this post quick, promise ;) and promise pics tomorrow, if I have time :/ (sorry I suck at this but there honestly is like no change in my skin)

acne-wise: No real new big breakouts. I have a cryst on my forehead that's been there for awhile and I'm proud of myself for not picking at it so far =) I feel like my pores are getting bigger or something because they seem to show up more when I wear make-up. I actually didn't even go to school today because I got fustrated at the fact I couldn't get my skin to look the way I want. Pathetic, eh? Ah well, I'll live, plus I got to catch up on some homework lol

I also feel like my skin is a lot oily-er than usual. For awhile I didn't have oily skin at all and just before I started Accutane my skin started getting a LITTLE oiler (I'm guessing from moisturizing so much). Now my skin seems to be constantly oily and it's really annoying and ugly.

Urgh, when do most people find their skin stop getting oily while on Accutane?

side effects: Definately having some major lower back pains. Okay.. well it's not THAT bad but I have back and shoulder pain a lot usually and I think 'tane is making it worse. However, I can handle it and it usually goes away if I take some Advil.

My hair still seems a little brittle but I think that may be because I need a haircut, got lots of split ends :/

toodles :ninja:

Edited by conspiracy83

DAY 8

First week over! Woo.

acne-wise: I've gotten about four new spots since my last update, all not really that important to even mention. I got two near my chin/side of my mouth. I popped them, haha, and they went away that day. I got one on my forehead almost literally right on my hairline - it was really gross too, huge whitehead, yuck! Again, I popped it as soon as I found it and you can hardly see the mark anymore a day later. Today I got a TINY bump under my nose-ish area. It's not that big of a deal at all.

My pores seem bigger still - same with my blackheads. The blackheads on my nose are acting so weird. Once in awhile I go crazy with picking my face (I know, bad!!). Anyways, I tend to end up trying to squeeze the blackheads on my nose. Usually a LITTLE.. like string of white stuff comes out (Ew, someone tell me if this is too much info lol). Anyways now its like this loooong string. It's really odd and has never really happened to me before. Accutane induced? I don't know. Either way it hardly changes what my blackheads look like *shrugs*

Seeing how there's no real change in my skin condition I haven't bothered to take any pictures, it honestly looks just the same still.

side effects: I feel like SHIT!!! I can not stress this more!

My walk to school is usually about 15 minutes and I walk a little fast cause it's cold! Anyways, usually when I get to school I don't feel tired or anything. In fact I feel good cause it's basically my only excerise next to walking up stairs at school lol.

But fuck! Lately I get about half way through my walk to school and I honestly feel like I'm DYING! It's like my lungs are collapsing or something and just, urgh, horrible. Also, the whole lungs collapsing feeling happens if I laugh for a long time or if I straighten my back after being hodge over for awhile - yesterday I had bent over to talk to a little girl that's a little smaller than half my height and I was bent over for all of like three minutes and when I straightened back up the pain was so bad I actually had to sit down and breathe all heavily and omg.. the poor little girl thought I was dying!

Also, I have a mild "lung collasping" feel - this one is more like growing pains almost where my lungs are - whenever I sit or lie in the same position for awhile.

I also have some back pain which is getting worse but isn't unbearable.

Also my lips are starting to get dry but it's hardly even bad enough to really mention. However, if I don't put lip balm on my lips get dry fast which isn't normal for me.

Um.. the only other thing I've noticed is that I didn't moisturize my whole body one day and its been kinda itchy ever since. Therefore I'm continuing with my ritual of slapping on moisturizer after any shower or bath I have lol.

Other than that I've been pretty good =)

I can't believe the first week is over... it feels like I've been on this course forever already *sighs*

Edited by conspiracy83

DAY 10

Everything in my body feels like it's going through a change BUT my acne! URGH! Talk about fustrating! I'm rethinking that my little breakouts I've had are from 'tane because they weren't even big enough to really call breakouts.. not to mention that's kind of the norm for me pre-accutane. Therefore, no IB to report.

Acne-wise: Honestly nothing has changed. My acne is exactly the same as it was pre-accutane. It's getting annoying and I can't wait for my next derma appointment in Febuary just so I can get him to up my dosage.

Side effects: Dry skin and lips - neither very major. Like I've said before my skin feels itchy (but not the skin where my acne is - on my face -_-; ). And my lips get dry really fast if I don't have lip balm on.

My eyes are KINDA dry but hardly noticable. Only when I'm thinking about it do I notice.

My back still hurts but it's not getting worse which is good.

My "lung collapsing" feeling is still there but, thankfully, not as intense!

I took pictures of my face because I figured I should update on that too but the pictures, honestly, looked EXACTLY like my other pictures so I'm not even going to bother posting them.

One thing I've been finding really funny is that it's said Accutane can induce depression. Lately, ever since I started Accutane actually, my life has been going pretty shitty and normally this would depress me obviously but it hasn't. I'm not exactly happy, but I'm not upset or sad either. I'm just kinda... content, which is nice.

I think the number one thing that's bothering me lately is how little support I'm getting with my Accutane course. Not from people on this site exactly, in fact everyone's been pretty amazing ^_^

But from friends and family it's horrible, especially family. I had to beg my mom to let me go on Accutane to begin with so I knew that she wouldn't be very supportive but now she's just straight out annoying. It's like she's trying to be supportive but deep down isn't. The other day she told me that when she was my age she use to get "one or two spots a month" so she knows exactly how I feel. I actually laughed at this. One or two spots a month?! Yeah.. on average I get one or two a day or week lately. And when it was really bad I got millions every week.

But she was trying to be supportive right? So I had to give her credit for that. Therefore I thought talking about my back pain and shit I've been having would be okay. Well it wasn't. When I told her she was just like "oh yeah I have back pains too you know!" and it's like... okay, but your pain isn't from Accutane... Not to mention I was just looking for her to say she would inform my derma or something like that because it was REALLY bad when I told her.

I haven't mentioned any of my other side effects to my mom because I don't want to hear about how she's "going through the same thing". It may be a bit selfish I guess but she isn't going through the same thing and never has.

Ah well, it's only day 10.. I shouldn't be expecting a dramatic change yet, should I?

I felt a bit depressed during my first few weeks as well. I think it's because that's when the side effects are the worst then add in the frustration of still having your acne. I'm sorry to hear your friends and family aren't too supportive :( The way you feel after Accutane will outweigh everything you're going through now so just remember that :)

tv_viewer I don't really feel depressed though. I've actually been feeling really content despite what I've been going through. *shrugs* ah well. How's your second course going now? =)

Day 11

So I only really have one new thing to say today. I went to scratch my face at one point today and when I scratched it felt like I was peeling off my skin or something cause I could feel something going under my nails (gross, eh?). So I got all scared that my face was getting dry or something so obviously I rushed to a mirror to see what was wrong... but nothing was wrong. My face looked exactly the same as the last time I checked. So I checked under my nails and it was this weird black gross stuff.. ew ew ew!

So I started scratching other parts of my face, gently. And all over my face mostly I got this black gross shit. So I then inspected my face closer and you know what? it was stuff from all my blackheads! GROSS!!!!

However, they don't look THAT much better but they are a little less deep into my skin.

I always wanted to know what people meant when they said they could basically scrap off their blackheads while on Accutane. I guess I know now, eh? lol

oh also, months and months back I got this really bad cryst in the centre, under my chin. It hurt a lot and me being the picker that I am I tried to pick at it and it made a HUGE scap which is now a bright red scar.

Anyways, RIGHT beside the scar I'm getting the same kind of cryst and it's the most ANNOYING piece of shit ever!!! URGH!

However, if this is the only annoying spot I get well on Accutane I'll be completely fine and even happy! lol

Edited by conspiracy83

DAY 12

My face feels gross and dry and irritatable. Not a good day.

buuuut I have pictures for ya'll! I'll add them at the end.

acne-wise: I'm getting very flushed looking if I don't have make-up on lately. Which sucks because my face is already fire engine red >_< so now it's even MORE red. Blah.

I'm getting a couple more spots now and then. They aren't that bad though. The right side of my chin is STILL problem as you'll see in the pictures. And the cryst on my chin still hurts and I picked it so now it's a red spot with puss and it's kinda scabby. Attractive eh?

I've noticed I'm healing a LITTLE slower than normal but it's so minor it may just be my imagination lol

side effects: DRY DRY DRY. My skin is dry, my lips are dry, my nose is dry! And my eyes look like I'm constantly high sometimes they're so red and DRY. They hurt too =( and I suck at putting drops in my eyes so the moisturizing drops I have are near useless. Boo hoo!

Sore back still but not THAT bad. And my "lung collapsing" feel is still going on but it's definately getting better! Thank God!

I don't have much joint pain at all but my joints sure do crack a lot!! Especially my elbows... weird. Anyone else have this happen to them before on Accutane?

Also my wisdom teeth are coming in so my mouth is in PAIN!!! I can't even close my jaw right. I went to see a oral surgent and he said they probably won't be fully in till June! FAKLFJSAKLFJKALSF, so I have to live with pain till then.

My dentist gave me pain killers but they don't take away all the pain.

Anyways, as promised, here are the pictures I took a couple minutes ago:

left side

right side

I guess my skin does look a little more irritated, which it is. It's not that bad though =)

Maybe I'll skip the IB? please? :pray:

DAY 13 - cancelled

So day 13 is "cancelled" cause I didn't take my pill this morning. There's a stomach flu going around my school and I caught it >_< I was up all night and I slept all morning so I never got a chance to take my 'tane pill. Then again if I were to take it I'd probably just throw it back up (ew).

On my Accutane package I wrote a number beside each pill so if I call this day 13 but I don't take pill #13 my organization of pill numbering will be screwed up lol so that's why I'm saying that "day 13 is cancelled" =)

I'm going back to bed, toodles.

Edited by conspiracy83

faithinhim: thanks! ^_^ how's your tane course goin?

The Real DAY 13

I'm feeling a bit better today thankfully but I still didn't go to school. I'm gonna have so much work when I go back tomorrow! ahh! Anyways, cause I was feeling better I took the day 13 'tane pill today ^_^

acne-wise: I got a cryst on my right cheek yesterday and I picked it today. I can tell it's gonna scab so I'm hating myself for picking at it :doh:

I also counted that I have 11 healing spots which means I definately pick too much! :naughty:

I also got a whitehead under my nose which, surprise surprise, I also picked and is now scabbing. URGH! :wall:

I've been using Derma E Scar Gel now for almost three weeks. So far my old old scars all on my right cheek (the ones I hate the most) aren't really showing any sign of leaving BUT the newer scars I have are starting to fade! Woo!!

On the package is says that you have to wait three whole months just to see results so I was kinda excited to see some scars fading and I thought I'd share my excitment lol.

I also think the Derma E Scar Gel is helping with break outs cause I haven't had any bad ones since starting it pre-tane. Also, I think it helps heal my scabbed spots too which I'm REALLY grateful for because they've been healing nicely.. and they're really smooth so they're easy to cover with makeup =D

side effects: headaches (though today my headaches could be because of the fever I have too), dry eyes and lips (my dry eyes are getting more annoying). No real back pain or "lung collapsing" feel lately which is a great relief.

One new real big side effect is how flushed I look. My mom thought it was because I'm sick but it was like that before I was sick too and I even mentioned it in here before too I think. Anyways, it's starting to be like REALLY flushed looking.

In all honesty, I don't mind it. I have really pale skin and the flushed look doesn't look like bad.. the ance rosca I get looks shit but this flushed look just looks like I got cute little rosey cheeks lol. So I'm not complaining.

Anyways that's all I got to say for today. Hope everyone is having a good week!

Edited by conspiracy83

I hear ya on the picking - I dont know how to stop really... hahaha i grew up with a mom that when i was a teenage would pick at my face any chance she got... She said picking was okay and now here I am 28 years old with scars all over! I dont think she would EVER imagine my face being bad this long but hell either did I hahaha. Anyway, I hear ya, picking is THE HARDEST thing for me to stop. I probably could count 12 plus pimple scabs on my face. easily. I need to get this scar gel you guys all use... where did u get it? Crazy, im on day i think 17 and I got a cyst on my right cheek two days ago hahaha - popped it this morning (such an idiot)! BUT IT WAS CRYING POP ME!!!! and it hurt!

Hope you have a great day and enjoy your weekend - stomach bugs are the worst!!! Hopefully its totally gone!! :cool:

I hear ya on the picking - I dont know how to stop really... hahaha i grew up with a mom that when i was a teenage would pick at my face any chance she got... She said picking was okay and now here I am 28 years old with scars all over! I dont think she would EVER imagine my face being bad this long but hell either did I hahaha. Anyway, I hear ya, picking is THE HARDEST thing for me to stop. I probably could count 12 plus pimple scabs on my face. easily. I need to get this scar gel you guys all use... where did u get it? Crazy, im on day i think 17 and I got a cyst on my right cheek two days ago hahaha - popped it this morning (such an idiot)! BUT IT WAS CRYING POP ME!!!! and it hurt!

Hope you have a great day and enjoy your weekend - stomach bugs are the worst!!! Hopefully its totally gone!! :cool:

My mom never picked my face but I had a friend with a mom like that. My mom is all like "DON'T PICK!!!" and yet I still do haha. Yeah, I have mega scarring from picking. I actually have a scar on my shoulder from a pimple I got there when my acne was REALLY bad and I picked it.

Anyways, I live in Canada so I don't know how much help I can be to tell you where to get Derma E Scar Gel but I got mine at a local health store so maybe you could look up health stores near you? Also I know if you google "Derma E" you'll get a website for ALL the Derma E products and you can order them from there =)

Good luck on the rest of your course! I hope everything goes smoothly!