Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where I am working now, although there isn't much in terms of varied foods, organic stuff, most of the foods and vitamin supplements and medications which are all discussed on these boards are not available.

But one thing they do have, and do it better than anyone, is caviar. Azerbaijan is the world’s leader in caviar as nothing is more sort after than sturgeon beluga caviar out of the Caspian sea. It gets imported to Russia; re branded and then sold in boutique food shops for 100's if not 1000's of dollars in your home countries. they do a varied variety of caviars, one of the most popular being wild salmon caviar, which is still expensive but it’s relatively affordable for expats that have nothing else to spend their money on. So if I’m buying a lot this is a good option bang for the buck

Seeing the posts on here about fish oils being good for the skin, I bought a few 100grams of various caviars yesterday and will be eating it every day to see if that helps hold back what’s going on, and help maintain once I can get back on my meds. Am I correct in my assumption that this would technically be the same as or in fact better than the fish oil supplements that are recommended here, considering that it is basically fish eggs filled with fish oil?

And if the answer is ‘yes’, do you think the higher the grade stuff, the more positive impact it could have on the skin?

How much should I be eating? roughly

Edited by Grind

Where I am working now, although there isn't much in terms of varied foods, organic stuff, most of the foods and vitamin supplements and medications which are all discussed on these boards are not available.

But one thing they do have, and do it better than anyone, is caviar. Azerbaijan is the world’s leader in caviar as nothing is more sort after than sturgeon beluga caviar out of the Caspian sea. It gets imported to Russia; re branded and then sold in boutique food shops for 100's if not 1000's of dollars in your home countries. they do a varied variety of caviars, one of the most popular being wild salmon caviar, which is still expensive but it’s relatively affordable for expats that have nothing else to spend their money on. So if I’m buying a lot this is a good option bang for the buck

Seeing the posts on here about fish oils being good for the skin, I bought a few 100grams of various caviars yesterday and will be eating it every day to see if that helps hold back what’s going on, and help maintain once I can get back on my meds. Am I correct in my assumption that this would technically be the same as or in fact better than the fish oil supplements that are recommended here, considering that it is basically fish eggs filled with fish oil?

And if the answer is ‘yes’, do you think the higher the grade stuff, the more positive impact it could have on the skin?

How much should I be eating? roughly

That's difficult to say. Caviar has fish oil, true, but many fish oil products these days are micro filtered to remove heavy metals, which obviously isn't possible to do with caviar. Also, you'll be consuming I'd assume a high level of animal hormones, and I don't know what effect that would have. AND, there is of course the issue of iodine, which fish oil supplements don't have, but I'm assuming caviar does.

IMO, caviar would be awesome. Multiple of the groups that Price visited ate fish eggs with high vitamin content (specially vit A and D). 1 ounce (28 grams) has almost 2 grams of fish oil. Is also loaded with good stuff, if you have it at a decent price, I would definitely eat it. + Is delicious, I don't see the down side:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/finfish...products/4038/2

excellent. i started eating it on thursday, and my breakouts stopped saturday morning - not sure if that was luck or not, as that night i started using skinoren acid as well. we'll see

so far i've only been eating the wild salmon one at about $25 a pop. the fish store on my way home sells a decent size tin of beluga for $200, which i know in Harrods in the UK is about $800.. i'm getting tempted as i won $500 in poker on the weekend lol. i might give it a try. if it works, i may have found the acne cure we've all been looking for, and its not far off the price of accutain lol

excellent. i started eating it on thursday, and my breakouts stopped saturday morning - not sure if that was luck or not, as that night i started using skinoren acid as well. we'll see

so far i've only been eating the wild salmon one at about $25 a pop. the fish store on my way home sells a decent size tin of beluga for $200, which i know in Harrods in the UK is about $800.. i'm getting tempted as i won $500 in poker on the weekend lol. i might give it a try. if it works, i may have found the acne cure we've all been looking for, and its not far off the price of accutain lol

Christ. Just Christ.

i didn't think it was helping so i cut it out, and there are definitely improvements, although things are still fluctuating with the addition of a bit of milk in the morning, so still not quite right. maybe its the sodium content in it that's not helping

Well, I'd look for the roe from some other less expensive fish.

Also, I was just reading on a blog about dried sardines and anchovies for inexpensive snacks. The blogger said her children loved them. Look in the refrigerated section at an Asian market and try to get brands from Japan, as opposed to China.