Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dalewinton

redness start of week 3 with pic!

As counter-productive as it may sound, perhaps using less BP will do the trick?

Dan says in his instructions that by week four you should be tolerant to two full pumps of BP, but for me, personally, I had to start with half a pump, once a day and do this for three solid weeks before my skin was able to take in one pump twice a day without noticiable side-effects. All this time, though, my acne was getting more and more under control, red areas fading etc. I'm now on week four, still using just one pump twice a day.

Listen to your skin. If you are getting red or irritated, reduce the amount of BP you use. It will still work just fine. Eventually, in order to gain full clearance and solid complexion, you have to increase the dosage. But only your own skin can tell you how long you must take in order to get there. Be gentle, be consistent, and take it slow.

You look totally clear to me ?!

I am. But my face looks like its been blow torched.

Anyway, I stopped the regimen for 3 days - Just cleansing and moisturising. Redness is gone now but I have 2 new spots - no biggy. Will ramp down my dosage from 3/4 finger length to 1/4 and report results.