Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rumah

How long does it take Retin-A to work?

Hi guys!!! I statred to use Retin-A(as my doc said) 3 weeks ago and now,Not only I dont see any improvements but also many Comedones appeard on my skin which I didn't have.so I feel a little bit unsure to stick with retin-a cause I'm afraid of getting a spotted face!!!can someone tell me how long does it take to see an obvious improvement on my skin???

Hi guys!!! I statred to use Retin-A(as my doc said) 3 weeks ago and now,Not only I dont see any improvements but also many Comedones appeard on my skin which I didn't have.so I feel a little bit unsure to stick with retin-a cause I'm afraid of getting a spotted face!!!can someone tell me how long does it take to see an obvious improvement on my skin???

Bahador72, it can take at a minimum 3-6 months to begin seeing CONSISTENT improvement. The breakout clear up breakout clear up phase is annoying and at times, hell but like all acne treatments, it takes time. i can't say if retin a will work for you because everyone's skin is different. I am on week 12 of treatment and still breaking out so.....

Good Luck with treatment and keep your head up!

Im on week 10 with retin-a and believe me I am still breaking out though not everyday Im getting new zits...you can visit my blog about retin-a....

I've been on retin-a micro for almost 4 months now, zero improvement. In fact, my acne is worse. I just keep getting cysts. So depressed.

Retin-a can at times so frustrating...just so frustrating.....Im on week 12 but Im still breaking out although not worst still a break out...The only thing I like about retin-a is that, i quickly dries out the acne but the flaking is soo embarassing...I am trying my very best not to be affected by acne in my day to day life...my chin is just so annoying...

I've been on retin-a micro for almost 4 months now, zero improvement. In fact, my acne is worse. I just keep getting cysts. So depressed.

If you haven't experienced the slightest improvement by month 4, you should definitely call your derm up and have him/her reevaluate your regimen.

Good Luck! You have a great support system in the org.

Retin-a can at times so frustrating...just so frustrating.....Im on week 12 but Im still breaking out although not worst still a break out...The only thing I like about retin-a is that, i quickly dries out the acne but the flaking is soo embarassing...I am trying my very best not to be affected by acne in my day to day life...my chin is just so annoying...

I'm beginning to HATE retin -a. Going to talk to my derm next week about a possible switch. I'm breaking out in the same areas over and over as well as area where acne was never a big issue.

If you haven't experienced the slightest improvement by month 4, you should definitely call your derm up and have him/her reevaluate your regimen.

Good Luck! You have a great support system in the org.

I'm beginning to HATE retin -a. Going to talk to my derm next week about a possible switch. I'm breaking out in the same areas over and over as well as area where acne was never a big issue.

Exactly....I have not finished my first tube and so I will finish this first...the acnes on my chin has already shrunk and my acnes around mouth area are gone...just experiencing peeling...Just recently I added Benzac to my regimen. I apply it for 30 minutes to 1 hour and then rinse and after that I apply retin-a....Benzac is not too drying, you can try it also...