Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ipskaya

I'm thinking about starting the regimen...

I'm 14, I have pretty mild acne, and I've been using Oxy for a while but it hasn't done much for me so I'm thinking about starting the regimen. Would it be all right for someone my age, or is it just supposed to be just for adults? Also, if I do start the regimen, do I need to use the moisturizer? My skin is pretty oily, and it never dried out from using the Oxy, so I'm wondering if I could skip that step.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

The Regimen's great for every age!

By Oxy, do you mean the oxy BP? That's what I used too before the regimen (still do actually but I may lower to a 2.5%).

Before I started the regimen... I wasnt useing anywhere close to the required amount of bp, so my face wasnt too dry either. But now it's gotten really dry. The moisturizer is to help balance the skin. So even in the begining of the regimen, Id suggest useing some. Not necessarily a whole lot. But some. If your face doesnt become dry from the bp within a few weeks, Id still say use moisturizer.

Follow the regimen TO A T in the beginning and see how it works for 2 months.

Some people still experience oilyness (especially on their nose). So you're not alone. Just keep us updated. THere are a lot of people here who knoe what it's like. We've all been there.

Good Luck! Hopefully I was able to help.

Thanks, that's a lot of help! ^.^

Yeah, I use the "Maximum Strength Acne Wash" Oxy, which has 10% BP.

I hope it'll work...I'm tired of using the stupid cover-up, and I'm sort of afraid to go swimming this summer because the cover-up will come off in the water :redface2:

If the BP does dry my face, that might not be such a bad thing for me...smile.gif *glares at oil* :angry: But hopefully my skin will be pretty balanced with the BP and moisturizer.

Once again, thanks! *goes off to buy recommended products* biggrin.gif

On the regimen, You shouldnt continue that acne wash. Oxy also makes a BP cream which I still use. But you'll need to find a gentle cleanser (cetaphil, neutrogena, purpose). And an actual bp cream (on-the-spot, Dan's BP gel).

Good Luck!

oh I apparently missed that last sentence about you going to buy the products :whistle:

Pay No attention to the Man behind the Curtain :shifty:

LOL, it's ok tongue.gif *pretends she never saw that*

Just one more question though...you mentioned I need a gentle cleanser, and all of the stuff Dan recommends is gentle, but I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser...is that ok, or do I need something more gentle, like the Neutrogena Extra Gentle stuff?

Well it's recommended to have a gentle cleanser. So Id suggest getting the Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser. See how your face does using that for a few weeks. I know it sucks buying all new products, but it's worth doing the regimen perfectly. user posted image

Thanks smile.gif Yeah, buying all new products is a pain, but if it's worth it, I think I will. I still have to go to the pharmacy, so I haven't started it yet, but I can't wait to see how it'll work!

HOW DO U USE OXY BP THING, ITS HORRIBLE, I USE IT AND IT LEAVES CRAP ALL OVER MY FACE THAT I CAN'T RUB IN BEFORE IT DRIES