Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

TCA Cross Bad Results...anyone else?

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone else has had horrible results from TCA-Cross? After getting rid of almost all my scars, I tried tca cross for some ice picks. I had 3 icepick scars, that after tca cross treatment went from hardly noticeable ice pick scars to huge wide scars. One ice pick turned into a thick keloid. The other two became larger and wider, never filled in after a year, and the skin that did fill in is shiny and red, looks worse than a normal acne scar.

I've had deep deep treatments including dermabrasions, lasers, and phenol peels without any of this ever happening.

I wish I had left the ice picks alone. HAs anyone else had bad results from TCA-Cross? Is there anything to help the shiny red appearance, or is it basically scar tissue?

why don't u get punch grafts ? that can take care of ice picks or any minor enlargement...

who did you go to for tca cross ?

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone else has had horrible results from TCA-Cross? After getting rid of almost all my scars, I tried tca cross for some ice picks. I had 3 icepick scars, that after tca cross treatment went from hardly noticeable ice pick scars to huge wide scars. One ice pick turned into a thick keloid. The other two became larger and wider, never filled in after a year, and the skin that did fill in is shiny and red, looks worse than a normal acne scar.

I've had deep deep treatments including dermabrasions, lasers, and phenol peels without any of this ever happening.

I wish I had left the ice picks alone. HAs anyone else had bad results from TCA-Cross? Is there anything to help the shiny red appearance, or is it basically scar tissue?

2 months ago I did TCA cross on 2 icepicks, they have filled in a lot, but like you they are RED. I don't know if it is because it is new skin...

2 months ago I did TCA cross on 2 icepicks, they have filled in a lot, but like you they are RED. I don't know if it is because it is new skin...

ya i think we need to all be more carefull with tca-cross. plus there is like only 1 real study on cross done over-seas. who knows how reputable that study is.

I dont want to start new topic, so I'm going to ask here: what you guys think, after a deep chemical peel, does collagen continue to build up over time , or the result is this what i see now while I am still red? sorry for interfering in your post san jose....

I dont want to start new topic, so I'm going to ask here: what you guys think, after a deep chemical peel, does collagen continue to build up over time , or the result is this what i see now while I am still red? sorry for interfering in your post san jose....

heya guys, i hope you dont mind if i respond to both questions.

i tried a few rounds of the tca cross at home a few months back. I believe I made a few bigger but its all part of the territory e.g. some get smaller and some get bigger.

I def believe collagen keeps building up over time. After a few of the peels (tca included), ive noticed my skin looks a bit better after a few months. It definitely isnt massive, but its something.

Anyhoo all the best with your treatment methods :)

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering getting TCA cross done for a few of my ice picks also but I'll have to reconsider it.

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering getting TCA cross done for a few of my ice picks also but I'll have to reconsider it.

remember these people tried it themselves and did not get it done from a derm.

great point usacc., though im not too sure if doctors still do tca crosses. i went to the only guy still doing it in sydney and he said he too had stopped doing the crosses. he preferred the lasers for individual scars and only used the tca for peels. same price too since he wasnt doing big areas. he said the resulting skin was a better quality.

then again, the tca cross results on here seem pretty good. so guess if you can find someone qualified doing it, then for sure :)

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

great point usacc., though im not too sure if doctors still do tca crosses. i went to the only guy still doing it in sydney and he said he too had stopped doing the crosses. he preferred the lasers for individual scars and only used the tca for peels. same price too since he wasnt doing big areas. he said the resulting skin was a better quality.

then again, the tca cross results on here seem pretty good. so guess if you can find someone qualified doing it, then for sure :)

have you gone to greg goodman ? http://www.div.net.au/index.php?page=proc-postacne

I've read some of his book chapters on acne scar revision. They still have tca cross listed on their treatments. Check this picture out of 'punch float' in one of his book chapters.

Edited by usacc

have you gone to greg goodman ? http://www.div.net.au/index.php?page=proc-postacne

I've read some of his book chapters on acne scar revision. They still have tca cross listed on their treatments. Check this picture out of 'punch float' in one of his book chapters.

just checked out the link. thats interesting, so doctors are still doing it. i wish doctors would be truthful e.g. if you dont offer a treatment, just say no you dont offer it, instead of claiming its no longer existant anywhere. i liked the punch float picture. this procedure has always looked promising.. least for its price and results. he doesnt look like he has any redness either. thanks for the link usacc :)

happy australia day !

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey