Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joemc

Starting tomorrow hopefully :)

So...went for the blood test monday...results should be at my gp by thursday...and i'm going in friday to be prescribed if they are :)

So hopefully starting friday night :)

Recently, i tried a no sugar/no wheat/no milk diet.....Lasted just under 5 days...I definately saw some improvement on it :) No new spots/breakouts anyway during that time

But totally not me....I couldnt last..

3-4 weeks would likely produce a much better improvement on a diet like the above.

Since then..I had a small 150ml coke, and saw a couple new ones breaking out the following morning...:S whoops

I've been back on milk/wheat, some added sugar (odd cereal bar or whatever...no fizzy drinks whatsoever...they seem to be a major no..for me).

Tiny bit of improvement i'd say...since stopped on minocylcine as well. (Derm wanted me two weeks off that before starting roacutane)

Been drinking a lot of orange juice recently...my fizzy drink replacer :)

Seems weird having no sugar/caffeine type boost...(i dont drink coffee..would prefer energy drinks)...tired at the beginning...still am...but think ill get used to it.

Multi-vitamin tablets/etc as well.

Only thing really mentioned was

No Alchohol, by her.

Didn't mention fizzy drinks/etc

However, Im gonna try and stay away from fizzy drinks and all that crap :)

So it's looking like

Friday night: Large fatty meal...+ the tablets. (on a 40mg dose)

Moisturize...and sleep :)

From there on.....No sugar/wheat/milk...as far as i can avoid it...for a while at least :)

And lets get rid of the ugleh >.<

:D

Kinda excited :)

Edit: so wrote that on monday/tuesday i think..never posted it..Blood test results were finished today (thursday), going into the doctor to get the results + get a perscription hopefully :)

Got a question...re:taking the tablets with fatty foods? Would this be pizza/etc okay? (trying to avoid most milk/sugar/wheat for the first week at least..)

Good luck! It works wonders, you can eat anything on tane and you won't break out. Eat it with a fatty meal is good, but be careful when it comes time for blood tests. Accutane will make your triglycerides WILD on blood tests. I suggest eating very healthy 2 days prior to a blood test. Some derms will not give you another month if your blood tests come back pretty bad and will pull you right away, you don't want that. I wouldn't recommend moisturizer either if you do not need it. I didn't need moisturizer on either of my courses. When I did use it.....bad news for me. Drinking is okay on occasion I don't understand why she flat out said no. Drinking and tane is only a problem if you are an alcoholic or get absolutely SMASHED 4 days out of the 7. Tane is a miracle drug.....good luck and don't get yourself down if you have an initial breakout. Things get better after and just realize when you are done everything will be clear.

Good luck! It works wonders, you can eat anything on tane and you won't break out. Eat it with a fatty meal is good, but be careful when it comes time for blood tests. Accutane will make your triglycerides WILD on blood tests. I suggest eating very healthy 2 days prior to a blood test. Some derms will not give you another month if your blood tests come back pretty bad and will pull you right away, you don't want that. I wouldn't recommend moisturizer either if you do not need it. I didn't need moisturizer on either of my courses. When I did use it.....bad news for me. Drinking is okay on occasion I don't understand why she flat out said no. Drinking and tane is only a problem if you are an alcoholic or get absolutely SMASHED 4 days out of the 7. Tane is a miracle drug.....good luck and don't get yourself down if you have an initial breakout. Things get better after and just realize when you are done everything will be clear.

Thanks for the reply :)

Okay..I don;t think she said a flat out no to drinking tbh....but i dont drink really anyway so i can do the course without any alcohol i'd say :)

Gonna try and keep a bit of a log:

Day one - Took my first two (40mg dose) tablets last night :)

Bit of stiffness...annoying last night..

Went straight to bed..woke up a little while ago..stiffness wasnt as bad..much better :)

Dry lips noticable...dry skin was only noticeable when looking at self in mirror. (not irritating..yet)

Looks like its gonna go either way...might get better first...or worse...We'll see :)

Kinda excited :)

Yeah your pharmacist should have it in stock :)

Day 3 - Um....woke up today...looked in mirror...my hair was pretty greasy looking...face didnt seem that dry either..(compared to the first two days)

Didn't notice much cracking of my bones/whatever either throughout the day...(though there was some)

Is it possible i may have swallowed the tablets wrong? (just had that thought...i know theres another pipe they could go down...but dunno if its actually possible to swallow tablets?) Or could this be to what i took them with? (just cup of milk + glass of water)

Thoughts?

should always take accutane with food, preferably a fatty meal (moderately fatty.. not mcdonalds, though I suppose thatd be good to take ur tane with) Taking accutane without food decreases absorption by as much as 50%. Read Tennesseegirls pinned thread and the paper that came with ur prescription as it says there.

Thanks!!

Problem is im taking my tablets at approx 11pm each night...before going to bed.

I normally wouldn't have a meal as such at this time :/

I would be able to take food with it, preferably non-cooked, any thoughts on what i could have it with?

Maybe just more milk then i had previously....or would biscuits work?

um

Basically the day i got the tablets + was meant to start, I kinda left it until late....So i'd be able to go straight to bed after + not experience the side effects straight away. (would have been kinda scary to me for my skin to start being stiff, dry, and so on....easier to wake up and realise it...at least for me)

So thats the main reason for me taking them at 11pm.

I could probaly gradually move it earlier? (like move earlier 30 mins each night...until it gets to the point where i want it) if it'll help?

Do i need a huge intake of fat (i read only 15g somewhere?) or would some dairy products suffice?

I really dont think that it matters if you go from taking your pill(s) at 11 pm one day and 4pm the next. You should also try to take your accutane with actual fatty foods, not just fatty liquids. Heard it gets digested better with fatty foods, something to do with the digestive process, tho I can't confirm that!