Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwhelan

Extremely dry and red skin

I am currently on day 7 of Accutane! My first 3 months will be: 4weeks @ 40mg/day followed by 8weeks @ 80mg/day.

My skin and lips started to dry 2 days ago. I have been using Carmex for my lips which has been working great (except for the nasty taste), and Aveeno for my skin but my skin is extremely dry, red and flaky. Can someone recommend anything else to try instead of Aveeno that is easy to get in Canada?

Also, when I start month 2, should I take the 2 pills together or split them up (if so, how far apart should I take them)

Thanks for any help,

Jason

Hey Jason,

I would try Cerave or Cetaphil moisturizer for your skin. I found that both work well. You can purchase a larger bottle of either and apply to the driest areas. For your lips, aquaphor is a great product that keeps your lips from getting super chapped. It's kind of a gooey feeling, but it's better than painful, dry cracked lips!

I would suggest taking the two pills separately; about 8 hours would be fine. When I was on two pills I took one when I woke up, and one a few hours before I went to sleep with a bite to eat. Hope this helps!

Hey Jason,

I would try Cerave or Cetaphil moisturizer for your skin. I found that both work well. You can purchase a larger bottle of either and apply to the driest areas. For your lips, aquaphor is a great product that keeps your lips from getting super chapped. It's kind of a gooey feeling, but it's better than painful, dry cracked lips!

I would suggest taking the two pills separately; about 8 hours would be fine. When I was on two pills I took one when I woke up, and one a few hours before I went to sleep with a bite to eat. Hope this helps!

thx I will give those products a try.