Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lb2

Okay so...

I've already posted some things on here regarding the type of acne that I have, but i have some serious concerns that I am simply FREAKING OUT about :/

Well.

I do not get pimples. Well, I do... but that is NOT the reason I'm on accutane. I'm on accutane because of my CYSTS. And when I say cysts, I don't mean medium sized hard red bumps. I mean poofy, squishy, up to four or more centimeters diameter cysts that linger for months. I have two currently, one of which has gone down in size from randomly busting open and draining itself about 6 times.. but it's still there. And the other, which is stubborn and won't drain but is growing and starting to be really uncomfortable and huge. I havent found anyone on here who is in my situation, and I feel like I'm just one of those rare hopeless people. My dermatologist keeps assuring me that the accutane WILL do the trick and he has seen this before and it worked magic. But I'm reading on here some things about this kind of acne and lost hope. I'm SO confused, and actually wondering what could be worse than two huge growths near my mouth. I'm on the verge of tears, and could really use some REAL information from someone who knows what I'm talking about.

PS. Draining or cortizone shots are NOT an option because of a few reasons. One of them being I've had a cyst drained and injected before numerous times and it has just come back... but that isn't the main reason.

Edited by lb2

You should definitely give the Accutane a try. I had the cystic acne too. The kind that looked like giant tumors growing out of my chin. And I'm 36 years old! There were days when I would stay home from work because I was so embarassed about it. Since I started Accutane at the end of September, I have only had one new cyst and that was very early on. Absolutely worth it!

I'll be on my second month on the 22nd of this month, so that's great news to me that it worked for you. And exactly, it looks like TUMORS! And i work at a very popular restaurant in my city, which is OUTSIDE. double whammy. But i'll just have to deal and wait. How long did the accutane take to start getting rid of them?

The existing cysts started to flatten out with a few weeks of taking the accutane. I did have a few more develop about a month into it, but they flattened out much quicker than before. I don't think I developed that were as bad as what I'd had before - the ones that are enormous and throb. I've been pretty much clear since the middle of my third month. It's heavenly!

Really? :/ mine have NOT started to flatten out haha. In fact theyve gotten bigger. I suppose everyones different! I hope i can feel what its like to be clear again!