Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skamen

Much More Obsessive About My Skin After Accutane

I finished a 9 month course of Accutane at the end of October last year. After finishing the course and using topicals, my skin has improved tremendously compared to how it was before Accutane. However, I've found that I obsess over every little blemish and feel (even though I shouldn't) that it is a sign than the acne is coming back. It's as if I'm so used to being unhappy with my skin that I have to find something in it to be unhappy about. If I were to look at how my skin is currently 6 months ago, I would have been ecstatic to have skin like I currently have.

Has anyone else out there had the problem of becoming more sensitive to blemishes and more obsessive about their skin after using Accutane or going through some other sort of treatment?

-Scott

I finished a 9 month course of Accutane at the end of October last year. After finishing the course and using topicals, my skin has improved tremendously compared to how it was before Accutane. However, I've found that I obsess over every little blemish and feel (even though I shouldn't) that it is a sign than the acne is coming back. It's as if I'm so used to being unhappy with my skin that I have to find something in it to be unhappy about. If I were to look at how my skin is currently 6 months ago, I would have been ecstatic to have skin like I currently have.

Has anyone else out there had the problem of becoming more sensitive to blemishes and more obsessive about their skin after using Accutane or going through some other sort of treatment?

-Scott

Yeah, man kinda, like I did accutane and got clear (tho i still have scars, but i dont mind them that much) but once in a while youll always have a little thing and such, you know, and i kinda got scared to have to start it all over

but it is actually normal to:

a) have some blemish and stuff have even after accutane

b) be worried about it

so dont be. you will be fine, and clear :)

rock on