Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eryan69

cystic acne at 40!

Hi,

I've only just found this forum, and hope that someone might provide some advice.

I've had severe cystic acne since I was 11, and I'm now 40 (you can do the math). I've been on all the antibiotic drugs and Accutane, as well as all the OTC stuff, with no good or lasting results.

Some of the cysts can last six months or longer before they finally decide to go away. In fact, they seem more like corns than cysts as they have not one head but rather multiple heads right next to each other.

Anyone else have zits like these?

What do you do? How do you treat these?

I've been battling these for ages and dermotologists don't seem to have any good solutions.

THANK YOU!

Diet.. Go to the Nutrition and Holistic section and get educated..

the most logical way

Edited by recoverme

Diet.. Go to the Nutrition and Holistic section and get educated..

the most logical way

prolly a good idea.

Exactly! What is your diet like anyways?

Start off by eliminating dairy, gluten, wheat, and keep sugar to an abosolute minimum.... should do wonders for your skin right off the bat.

PANIC

Just out of curiosity, how many times did you do a course of accutane and how long was your acne arrested before it came back? Have your derms every injected your cysts with anti-inflammatories, have you ever had them drained or excised surgically, and have you ever had a diagnosis of acne congoblata?

It seems like your derms could be doing more for you.

You may be one of those individuals who needs to take a natural approach especially with regard to diet.

All the best to you,

Joe Zit

my acne is exactly the same way. i thought accutane would be the 'miracle drug', but even that only kept me clear for a while.

diet and exercise.

thats my last hope really, and its kept my acne considerably mild(in comparison to how it usually is anyway..)

i hope things work out for you. i know how it feels

Just out of curiosity, how many times did you do a course of accutane and how long was your acne arrested before it came back? Have your derms every injected your cysts with anti-inflammatories, have you ever had them drained or excised surgically, and have you ever had a diagnosis of acne congoblata?

You may be one of those individuals who needs to take a natural approach especially with regard to diet.

All the best to you,

Joe Zit

I did one course of Accutane, and my acne went away for about a month. I've never been injected with anything, or had them surgically excised, or been told I've got acne congoblata. All my derms tell me to be "patient."

All the best to you,

Joe Zit

I did one course of Accutane, and my acne went away for about a month. I've never been injected with anything, or had them surgically excised, or been told I've got acne congoblata. All my derms tell me to be "patient."

I get cysts just like yours!! They are huge and have several heads. I am also 40. I finally got so sick of it that I started Accutane about 3 weeks ago. I hope it makes me clear and KEEPS me clear!! I have been intected MANY times! I feel your pain!!

It's your diet and bowel regularity most likely. The nutrition and Holistic Forum can help you out immensely. Get on there and find your answers. After suffering from the same type and trying for years and years to eradicate it, I finally found the org a couple of years ago, and it's been great. There's so much info on here, but I MUST tell you that diet, fiber, exercise, water intake will absolutely do a ton for you as far as your acne. You'll be surprised. Text me if any questions.