Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ic892003

Is this enough time on tane

Ive been on isotretoioin

(claravis) for about 5 months and about a week now. My dosage per month is in order 80/80/60/80/80 and now for the past week ive been taking 40 mg daily. Ive experienced much faitigue and muscle aches on accutane. By the end of month 2 my acne has cleared about 95 % and have not got a cyst or pimple since. My problem is i just got a call that i will be going into the police academy in a week or two and considering the rigirous exercise i think it would be better if i stop tane now. In most cases would a little over 5 months be considered good enough? im only discontinuing it about 2-3 weeks before I am suppose to stop.. This job is truly important to me and i am not willing to risk it

I think you answered your own question.....I personally don't believe if you stopped now it would effect anything. I mean it's hard to say. Some will say to finish, but some finish thier course and thier acne comes back.....Some reach that cumlative dose and acne comes back, for some it does not or not as bad.

Besides Roche states that accutane continues to work up to 2months after your course is over. If you have muscle aches and fatigue your not going to want that going into police academy.

Yea, it just sucks that they called me at such a crucial time, Im happy to finally get the job but just wished it would have came in a few months..