Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sassily

Biopsy on Nose

Has anyone had a shave biopsy done on the nose? I had a small flesh-color bump on my nose and my derm said he would shave it off and have it tested (and said the area would be back to normal in 1-2 days). It took about a week to close up and the bump is still there (it looks like it was just an area of rasied, thickened skin). The problem is the area is very red. It seems to look pinkish on certain days and red on others. It has been around 2 weeks.

Anyone know how long it takes to get back to normal color? Anything I can do?

Has anyone had a shave biopsy done on the nose? I had a small flesh-color bump on my nose and my derm said he would shave it off and have it tested (and said the area would be back to normal in 1-2 days). It took about a week to close up and the bump is still there (it looks like it was just an area of rasied, thickened skin). The problem is the area is very red. It seems to look pinkish on certain days and red on others. It has been around 2 weeks.

got that done a week back. still healing !!

do you smoke ? that can slow down healing...

got that done a week back. still healing !!

do you smoke ? that can slow down healing...

No dont smoke...Is your area looking very red? Your doctor mention how long it takes to heal?

elliptical excision like the one shown here is is prolly a bad idea on the nose because the skin is not as pliable as other areas ! one needs to do either a shave biopsy or use the surgitron...

i've had both and they work fine for these.

mine was definitely not a mole. i guess you don't have to go below the skin to excise what I had (sebaceous hyperplasia).

guys, just wondering... was it something like that?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Bump-Nose...nu-t228948.html

Edited by usacc

yes..It is somewhat similar to that siutation. But the issue is already had the shave biopsy done...It doesnt look it subsided much and is still in the red/pinkish stage...I am trying to see how long it may stay like this. Any thoughts?

yes..It is somewhat similar to that siutation. But the issue is already had the shave biopsy done...It doesnt look it subsided much and is still in the red/pinkish stage...I am trying to see how long it may stay like this. Any thoughts?

it might take a little while (even 1-2 mths) for the pinkness to subside. I had surgitron excision last year and it took few months plus verapulse laser for the redness to go away. I still have some mild redness.

sassily, could you provide pics how it looked before and how it looks now?

what did the doc say? was it a sebaceous cyst or something?

sassily, could you provide pics how it looked before and how it looks now?

what did the doc say? was it a sebaceous cyst or something?

Well dont have a way to take pics right now. Basically, it was a very small flesh-colored raising of the skin (was soft). It looks just like it did, but now is pinkish-red. I dont even think the doc was concerned about it but just figured this was a quick procedure with little down-time. Again, he said it would heal in a day or two. That is obvioulsy not the case and from what I am reading it seems like it takes at least a couple of weeks. Biopsy just said it was acanthosis (thickened area of skin).

how does this laser work for the redness? is there more downtime with this or is it a pretty simple procedure?

also the doctor gave me cortisone cream (cutivate) to use for the redness but not sure if it helps much..im wondering if cortisone injections would help?

"it might take a little while (even 1-2 mths) for the pinkness to subside. I had surgitron excision last year and it took few months plus verapulse laser for the redness to go away. I still have some mild redness."

usacc: saw my dermatoligist and he is also recommending laser to reduce the redness (candela)...my main concern is downtime..he says it will be max 3-4 days but he also told me the biopsy wound would be back to normal in a few days as well so....is the laser something i can get and have it looking back to normal over a weekend? thanks.

Are you saying you still have the bump even after the biopsy? Did it go away and come back? I had a biopsy of one of mine years ago and it never came back.

The redness would be the same as PIH from acne, so it would take the same amount of time to go away -- around 6 months.

Are you saying you still have the bump even after the biopsy? Did it go away and come back? I had a biopsy of one of mine years ago and it never came back.

The redness would be the same as PIH from acne, so it would take the same amount of time to go away -- around 6 months.

Yes, came right back...it is more like an area of thick skin (can flatten if you put pressure on it)...at this point i just want it to go back to skin color...anyone have thoughts on the candela laser?

Hmmm, they say raised scarring returns. It could be that it's also an enlarged oil gland or pore that just always gets clogged too.

My dr went deep when he did the biopsy, so maybe he cut it out completely. Idk, but it did leave a hole, so if you try to do that, be aware it may do the same for you.

I think you should just wait it out, but vbeam is good for redness, if you really want to do laser.

Hmmm, they say raised scarring returns. It could be that it's also an enlarged oil gland or pore that just always gets clogged too.

My dr went deep when he did the biopsy, so maybe he cut it out completely. Idk, but it did leave a hole, so if you try to do that, be aware it may do the same for you.

I think you should just wait it out, but vbeam is good for redness, if you really want to do laser.

do you know how much downtime is associated with the vbeam?