Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bones

Dr. Y patients -- questions

Hi all smile.gif

I am very seriously considering contacting Dr. Y down in NO for dermabrasion treatment, but am unsure on what to include in my "intro" letter. :blink:

Cany any of you who have already been through this part of the process give me some advice or helpful hints? I am clueless on how to start, what to include in the letter (i sending photos of myself advised this early on?) and what should I expect as for any kind of response back from him?

Also, what time frame would I be looking at for scheduling anyting? (In other words, how long did others have to wait in order to actually book an appointment?)

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated! This is somehting I have considered for a long time (years, actually), and am finally now ready to proceed if the doctor feels my hyperpermigmentation risks are minimal/reversable.

Thanks in advance!

V-

Well, from what I understand, you should try to send pics of your scars. Give them a phone number where you can be reached, and explain your situation.

I heard Dr. Y calls the patients' himself.

Alternatively, you can call the office and speak with the receptionist to schedule an appointment for a consult.

I have my letter, but still have to take pics. I want to fly down there for my consult, because I am pretty certain I'll need "prep work."

Also, what time frame would I be looking at for scheduling anyting? (In other words, how long did others have to wait in order to actually book an appointment?)

Hi Mr. Bones,

I have an appointment for a full-face dermabrasion with Dr. Yarborough on Tuesday, August 3rd... I called their office and asked the receptionist what I needed to do to be able to talk to Dr. Y and she said send a letter and include some pictures.. So I sent a 1 1/2 page letter explaining my skin type(between a III & IV-Asian), how other doctors have told me I'm too dark for invasive procedures and how I hope that he would be able to help... I included pictures of both my cheeks, my temples, my whole face and my forehead... I went to the post office and mailed it on a Thursday and he called back the following Monday!.. I was so amazed at how fast a response I got.. He told me that he can do it for me and I just thanked him and thanked him.. hehe.. So, about a week later I called and scheduled an appt, they ask you what day you wanted, I had August 2nd in mind, but he was full so I just asked about August 3rd, and she said Okay... smile.gif.. then she asked if I would like her to make a reservation for me to the McFarland Inn, and I said yes and told her the dates... I called the office back a week later to confirm the reservation, which they did... oh, also.. I gave them my credit card information because they will need a $2000 deposit when you schedule the appt... they also ask for a pharmacy phone #... I got in the mail about 5 days later, the cc reciept and a paper to sign and send back.. I'm so excited about my the dermabrasion, I believe he is the best man for it! Anyway, hope this information helps.. smile.gif Good Luck!..

It was easier 4 me to schedule the appt. I got it about 3 weeks out, I think it was b/c not very many people wanted it done at the beginning of the summer. As for the $2,000 deposit, I made sure that I waited 3 or 4 days after I got the letter, just to make sure that was what I wanted. I wish U and Poe the best with your treatments. It was the best decision I have made for my self in a long time, I know that you guys will feel the same. Dr. Y. is the best. I never even talked to him before the day I went in, I had my consult and op the same day. We talked for about 15 min. before I got on the table, and honestly I would have let this man do whatever he wanted with my skin. Also when they call in the Rx's make sure that you do not get the generic anti-inflamatory, I think it starts with a P, make sure U get the Medrol Dose Pack, it's a little more expensive, but it's worth it. Dr. Y and Cassandra were very suprised b/c that helped me not to swell up so much after the op as opposed to the generic, and I think the less swelling made it more comfortable 4 me. wink.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow Mr.Bones (V)

Good luck with your derm...(if that's what you really wanted- I certainly think you don't need it).

Obi

Obi, you are SO sweet! wub.gif

But please remember there is a lot that can be done with loads of makeup and correct lighting conditions. Both of the photos you have seen were taken either in direct sunlight or by using a bright flash from the camera ----- both were able to hide most of the rolling scars and indents that I have.

Perhaps I'll send you a "straight on" photo with no makeup and with some shading allowed.... you might change your opinion. smile.gif

V-

Everyone else: Thanks you VERY much for the help/advice/etc. It is really appreciated!

Much love to you all all well! smile.gif

V-

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Obi, you are SO sweet!  wub.gif

But please remember there is a lot that can be done with loads of makeup and correct lighting conditions.  Both of the photos you have seen were taken either in direct sunlight or by using a bright flash from the camera ----- both were able to hide most of the rolling scars and indents that I have.

Perhaps I'll send you a "straight on" photo with no makeup and with some shading allowed.... you might change your opinion.    smile.gif

V-