Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rememberthisusername

Physical factors why you wouldn't like someone?

really big/weird nose/forehead,

a guy is shorter than you (girls),

bald spot,

has their eyes looking in different directions (idk what that is called)

fat

idk, is there something? other than acne (if you even mind that one)

for me, I think a girl with missing teeth. but that can be fixed

so, i would say a girl with a really really masculine face

@OP - it's called a lazy eye =P

Some for me would be overweight and huge nose. That's all I can think of right now.

acne. seriously, for hating it so much in myself, i think it carries over to how i feel about other people.

clear skinned people don't seem to mind acne nearly as much on other people as I do.

acne. seriously, for hating it so much in myself, i think it carries over to how i feel about other people.

clear skinned people don't seem to mind acne nearly as much on other people as I do.

i agree. its pathetic isn't it. but i think you're right, its the fact that because We hate it so much and have to deal with it - the last thing we want to see is our partner with the same defect. its sad and makes me ashamed of myself

i agree. its pathetic isn't it. but i think you're right, its the fact that because We hate it so much and have to deal with it - the last thing we want to see is our partner with the same defect. its sad and makes me ashamed of myself

ok this is something i posted on another topic, it is essencially the same ideia

like, you shouldnt be ashamed of yourself. there is goes:

"thing is, you dont choose your attraction

i mean

like, you dont look to a girl and says ok NOW im gonna be attracted to her

your eyes scan her for like 3 seconds and you know if you are attracted or not

if you dont find her attractive because of her acne or w/e, thats not really your fault, and you are not really a bad person for this

its not only that you got acne that acne will be attractive or simply wont matter in another person

my two cents

and yes, dated girls with acne

no, wont turn a girl down just cause of her acne

rock on"

rock on

I don't find acne a turn off at all, in face I would be more comfortable with a guy that had some, and thus more attracted to him.

I really can't think of any physical factors - I like guys that try to keep in shape, have expressive eyes, and a nice smile, voice, and laugh :)

It's hard as I do have physical turn-offs... but you just can't let that kinda stuff stop you from liking someone or talking to them. I've judged people so many times before actually getting to know them and they were very cool people.

Quirks are what makes us different. I've got a long nose and it's kinda wide, but I can't constantly compare myself to others. If I looked like them, I wouldn't be me. If I got a nose job.. I dunno. I'd look average. Quirks like that are unique on people to me and I find it beautiful.

People can't help how they look. It's not like we opened up a magazine pre-birth and said "I want this, this, and this." That's just not how it works. And if we could... no one would be different or original. We'd all be beautiful and the same. (Although some may argue that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while I agree, there's a certain degree as to which features look best a certain way.)

Not being perfect in physical ways give us the chance to sell our beauty from inside. If we were all beautiful and the way we wanted to be... well, we'd probably end up being conceited and selfish and the list goes on and on and on. But not having the opportunity to be who we want on the outside gives us the chance to be who we want on the inside. And THAT is the ultimate dealbreaker for me. :)

ok this is something i posted on another topic, it is essencially the same ideia

like, you shouldnt be ashamed of yourself. there is goes:

"thing is, you dont choose your attraction

i mean

like, you dont look to a girl and says ok NOW im gonna be attracted to her

your eyes scan her for like 3 seconds and you know if you are attracted or not

if you dont find her attractive because of her acne or w/e, thats not really your fault, and you are not really a bad person for this

its not only that you got acne that acne will be attractive or simply wont matter in another person

my two cents

and yes, dated girls with acne

no, wont turn a girl down just cause of her acne

rock on"

rock on

yes, it does makes sense.

but before i had my problem, i didn't really used to care so much - as you say, just a look in the eyes and then its all over.

perhaps because i literally have to study myself for about 10 to 20 minutes before i would consider walking out of the bathroom / bedroom (morning and night), because of this problem... it makes me do the same to my partner

with my ex wife, who had perfect skin 9 out of 10 times... if she ever had a stint of bad diet or got dirty from working outside, and got a zit or something... it would almost freak me out, like hunny you need to sort yourself out!!! (in my head, i never said it outloud of course, i pretended to ignore it). because i know i'm not perfect looking, far from... but she was. so i was living through her perfection almost (maybe), i have no fucking idea haha.

A guy with a huge nose, rotting yellow teeth, or shorter than 5'9". How superficial but its true. I don't mind acne or scarred skin, however.

A guy with a huge nose, rotting yellow teeth, or shorter than 5'9". How superficial but its true. I don't mind acne or scarred skin, however.
would i be written off at 5'8? :P

...and I thought people with acne have learned one thing at least......NOT TO JUDGE PEOPLE ON WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. This thread is awful and should be deleted.

I apologize if I have offended the OP or anyone else by these words, but it seems very shallow to be talking about this on here. We all have acne here, and we should learn to not judge a book by it's cover. I mean, do you think people on the "big nose" forums or "balding" forums or "short" forums or "fat" forums* are talking about how they are not attracted to people with acne? Think about it. It's just wrong to think that way.

*made up to illustrate a point

You're right LLL3, but unfortunately it's kinda just the way society and most of the people in it are. I mean physical attraction means alot, you can't really date someone you find incredibly unappealing just because they have a nice personality. For me what draws me in at first IS looks but once you get to know the person it becomes more about their personality rather than what they look like.

Dam I'm 5'7''

To be completely honest with you... it is all about personality.

But, this can lead into looks. I want someone who is into health like me. This means eating healthy, working out, good sleeping habits, healthy diet, etc. So, I guess you could say I would not be into someone who is overweight. But, if that person is changing and it starting to improve there health and they have the personality I want then I would be all over them.

Your character is what matters. As this leads to everything else.

My 3 cents...

really?

of all things we're talking about judging people on their appearance here?

I know I shouldn't post if I have nothing good or feedback on the topic but this really offended me.

never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

"

I agree with LLL3 (hit the nail on the head wit the 'fat' and 'big nose' forums example.) - but also the #1 thing my acne has taught me is that any physical abnormalty that is beyond someone's control (considering ALL possibilites) should never be used to judge them. They might not look so spiffy but that's only the first couple seconds - talk to them and they might turn out to be one of the most influental people in your life. Get to know them as a person and you won't see the defects anymore.