Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamerchick

Cystic Acne killed my already low self esteem

hey i'm 22 for the last 6 months i have been getting acne cysts. my acne was usually just like a standrad pimple. Now my forehead has acne cysts, i have a big 3D jerk on my forehead. i will be honest i usually end up picking at things making them worst. :( . i am really working on NOT picking, i know it makes things worst. i also get acne cysts diagonal from my mouth on my chin. these ones vary on size but never seem come to a head.? is that even cystic acne? idk. but as soon as i can get rid of one another pops up. i just cry in defeat. i don't know what to do. i have tried alsorts of treatments. what should i do? advice please! :redface:

hey i'm 22 for the last 6 months i have been getting acne cysts. my acne was usually just like a standrad pimple. Now my forehead has acne cysts, i have a big 3D jerk on my forehead. i will be honest i usually end up picking at things making them worst. :( . i am really working on NOT picking, i know it makes things worst. i also get acne cysts diagonal from my mouth on my chin. these ones vary on size but never seem come to a head.? is that even cystic acne? idk. but as soon as i can get rid of one another pops up. i just cry in defeat. i don't know what to do. i have tried alsorts of treatments. what should i do? advice please! :redface:

Hi,

Ive had cystic acne since I was 19 and now Im 24. I know how awful it can be, its pretty much dimishes ur self-esteem. but Ive managed it dramatically reduce it, to the extent that I havent had any new cysts in over a 1 month. What worked for me is organic Green tea, drinking it 2-3 times a day and making n using a green tea facemask. Green tea has awesome health benefits n will clean u out. read the posts on green tea in this forum.

Hope that helps :)

post pics of your acne pls. there are different things you do with different types of acne ! green tea isn't gonna do anything !

Edited by usacc

I know how it feel. 7 mths ago i went through the same thing. U really need to stop picking them. Leave it alone. Usually on the forehead, it will burst by itself. usually right after a shower. Only then u can gently squeeze out the pus. Cystic acne are spreadable. If ur a female, go to a doctor and talk abt taking spironolactone. I took that and it helps. Im using a good cleanser now. Its called nanocyclic. Google it. N its not that expensive. Good luck.

Green Tea isn't going to do much at all. If green tea worked as an acne treatment, people wouldn't be paying tons of money for doctor perscribed treatments like accutane.

Please give a list of some of the treatments you've tried. If it's all over-the-counter stuff than go to a doctor. If it's a list of doctor perscribed treatments than I suggest a more recent visit. I just went to the doctor a few days ago to switch my treatment around and he told me there was a new gel/cream that just came out that works better than Retin-A. I'm happy with my current treatment though so I didn't ask for it.

i am not even sure if this pimple on my forehead is cytic or not now.... it hasn't come to a head. its just there hard under the skin. am i wrong with what it is? thanks for your help. :redface: i am very naive i guess for thinking somethings would help.

Edited by gamerchick

does anyone know what this is on my forehead. its scabby on top from me trying to pop it. :( but i can feel it something very hard below the skin. will it come to a head or not i wonder. i have tried hot compresses and i've also tried freezing it. i am rather stumped on what to do now....

Edited by gamerchick
i am not even sure if this pimple on my forehead is cytic or not now.... it hasn't come to a head. its just there hard under the skin. am i wrong with what it is? thanks for your help. :redface: i am very naive i guess for thinking somethings would help.

Hey. You actually have really nice skin with just one isolated spot which can be EASILY treated. You can go to a derm who will inject the cyst with medication that will flatten it in a couple of days. If you can't go to a doctor, ice it a little bit and go to a store and get 5% benzoyl peroxide and cover the cyst up. Don't ice it too much.

Get this product -- 'clenziderm serum gel'. Whenever you get a pimple, cover it with this. It'll dry the pimple up really fast.

Second, don't wait for the cyst to get big. As soon as you feel a tender/hard spot, ice it few times a day and put clenziderm over it. That'll make sure it doesn't surface.

For future prevention, what you can do is get pure tea tree oil and dilute it to 5% with water. Then use a cotton and rub it all over your face every morning and maybe at night as well. This should kill acne bacteria...hopefully preventing future breakouts. Reduce the amount/frequency if your skin gets irritated.

In any case, don't forget, you have really nice skin !! A lot of us have dealt with much worse skin issues and have beaten em.

Keep us updated.

Edited by usacc

aww thanks. thats really nice of you to say. i just usually get it in one area but jumbo. if ya know what i mean. my doctor doesn't seem to care about any skin questions i have. i also live in a small town and we do not have a dermatologist. sp? but i will see if i ask my doctor maybe he could do something. thank you again :)

could you recomend a moisturizer.? my skin gets RED, ITCHY and flaky from too much benzoyl peroxide.

Edited by gamerchick
aww thanks. thats really nice of you to say. i just usually get it in one area but jumbo. if ya know what i mean. my doctor doesn't seem to care about any skin questions i have. i also live in a small town and we do not have a dermatologist. sp? but i will see if i ask my doctor maybe he could do something. thank you again :)

could you recomend a moisturizer.? my skin gets RED, ITCHY and flaky from too much benzoyl peroxide.

plenty of good moisturizers are available. you can use whatever is available in your store. make sure it says 'non-comedogenic'. but you can buy aveeno ultra calming which is what my doc recommended.

ice the pimple though, it'll help.

I know how it feel. 7 mths ago i went through the same thing. U really need to stop picking them. Leave it alone. Usually on the forehead, it will burst by itself. usually right after a shower. Only then u can gently squeeze out the pus. Cystic acne are spreadable. If ur a female, go to a doctor and talk abt taking spironolactone. I took that and it helps. Im using a good cleanser now. Its called nanocyclic. Google it. N its not that expensive. Good luck.

A lot of replies seem to be rejecting green tea saying that it wont work without giving an explanation of why it would not. All I can say to is, after 5 years of cycstic acne and severe scarring, and with none of the doctor prescribed meds working for me in the long term, I decided to give green tea ago. It worked for me as it did for a lot of other people: I am merely sharing my experiences of how I eliminated my acne, not simply got it under control.

I have always exercised and had a decent enough diet (reduced sugar, dairy etc), but on their own this was not enough, I incorporated GT and fish oil and got there.

You cannot disregard my experience with GT simply by saying, 'oh why would people be spending money on accutane and other prescribed meds?' That is hardly a logical argument. I wont be the first person to say 'treatments' Accutane didnt work for me and and I certainly will not be the last.

I will stress that you will only know what works for you by trial and error, just make sure that you are well informed about the side effects galore with doctor prescribed medicine before you start on a regime.

The bottom line is, unless u get to the root of the problem and treat that, Acne will come back. So long as you follow a treatment regime - which ever that may be is one that gets to the root of the problem as opposed to deal with the problem temporarily (for isntance topical treatments which reduce/remove an infection but do not necessarily prevent reoccurence) you should be fine.

Actually the answer is simple. I tried all sorts of things before taking minocycline (a med that's proven to be effective for a large percentage of people). Left me with lots of scarring. So my lesson is, take what works for a large population. If it doesn't work, try out different things.

If green tea works for a large number of people, one needs to prove it by testing it !

Apparently though, green tea 'lotion' has some effectiveness -- here is a study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19363854

No evidence that oral green tea will have the same effectiveness. Also, there is no comparison with BP or oral meds.

A lot of replies seem to be rejecting green tea saying that it wont work without giving an explanation of why it would not. All I can say to is, after 5 years of cycstic acne and severe scarring, and with none of the doctor prescribed meds working for me in the long term, I decided to give green tea ago. It worked for me as it did for a lot of other people: I am merely sharing my experiences of how I eliminated my acne, not simply got it under control.

I have always exercised and had a decent enough diet (reduced sugar, dairy etc), but on their own this was not enough, I incorporated GT and fish oil and got there.

You cannot disregard my experience with GT simply by saying, 'oh why would people be spending money on accutane and other prescribed meds?' That is hardly a logical argument. I wont be the first person to say 'treatments' Accutane didnt work for me and and I certainly will not be the last.

I will stress that you will only know what works for you by trial and error, just make sure that you are well informed about the side effects galore with doctor prescribed medicine before you start on a regime.

The bottom line is, unless u get to the root of the problem and treat that, Acne will come back. So long as you follow a treatment regime - which ever that may be is one that gets to the root of the problem as opposed to deal with the problem temporarily (for isntance topical treatments which reduce/remove an infection but do not necessarily prevent reoccurence) you should be fine.

Edited by usacc
Actually the answer is simple. I tried all sorts of things before taking minocycline (a med that's proven to be effective for a large percentage of people). Left me with lots of scarring. So my lesson is, take what works for a large population. If it doesn't work, try out different things.

If green tea works for a large number of people, one needs to prove it by testing it !

Apparently though, green tea 'lotion' has some effectiveness -- here is a study:

No evidence that oral green tea will have the same effectiveness. Also, there is no comparison with BP or oral meds.

Uacc, youre absolutely right, there is need for further studies in this area, even though Green tea is known for fighting bacteria, reducing inflammation and redness and even decreasing the hormonal activity that can trigger breakouts, its a relatively new area so far as proving the effectiveness of green tea in fighting acne goes, but research is underway till then, how knows right? But lack of studies does not necessarily correlate with ineffectiveness.

In the meantime, its simply a case of individual experience: see the Green tea reviews on this website, which shows individual experience with green tea in reducing/treating acne.

If monocycline worked for you, that is fantastic as is any treatment that works and worth further investigation. Perhaps its my distaste for the use of antibiotics for practically all ailments which results in an infection, or perhaps its a couple of years prosecuting doctors and pharmaceutical companies which makes me a little cynical but be aware that Monocycline is known for adverse side effects (ref: : All I ask is that everyone who decide to use tetracycline classed antibiotics make an INFORMED decision to do so. as with all medicine and remedies it may work for you, it may not. the same applies to green tea and other natural remedies.

Well, as I only joined this website to review green tea and share my experience, now that I have done so, best of luck to all you out there who are trying to eliminate their acne.

(not sure if the links have uploaded! if not apologies)

Edited by Neiva23

I will reply with a couple of points here. We all know that acne is an acute condition that can result in severe scarring and emotional distress so one needs to really take care of it seriously.

- First, again one should try proven things first (BP etc.). And then try other things (topical green tea, tea tree oil) if the proven stuff doesn't work .

- Green tea is know for a lot of things, but most of it is hypothesis. Efficacy of all medications need to be studied as to what kind of strength one needs to use and how to use it (i.e orally, topically) and also frequency of use . You can't just say 'hey you have big cysts on your cheek. go drink green tea 3 times a day'. There's no basis of saying that. Infact if you look at the study above, 'Topical' green tea has some effect--i.e. when you apply it as a paste. There's no study about drinking green tea and its effect on acne.

- There you go 'distaste for antibiotics'. Hon, that's exactly what I had when I had moderate acne for months and I tried diet changes, tea tree oil etc. etc. Basically my family did not trust modern medications so that's what I learnt. Eventually I read more about how modern medication goes through multiple levels of testing and evaluated for risks. Waiting to take minocycline got me scarring which I'm correcting now after having spent several thousands of dollars. And also, I was scared about the side effects....which I got none from it.

Uacc, youre absolutely right, there is need for further studies in this area, even though Green tea is known for fighting bacteria, reducing inflammation and redness and even decreasing the hormonal activity that can trigger breakouts, its a relatively new area so far as proving the effectiveness of green tea in fighting acne goes, but research is underway till then, how knows right? But lack of studies does not necessarily correlate with ineffectiveness.

In the meantime, its simply a case of individual experience: see the Green tea reviews on this website, which shows individual experience with green tea in reducing/treating acne.

If monocycline worked for you, that is fantastic as is any treatment that works and worth further investigation. Perhaps its my distaste for the use of antibiotics for practically all ailments which results in an infection, or perhaps its a couple of years prosecuting doctors and pharmaceutical companies which makes me a little cynical but be aware that Monocycline is known for adverse side effects (ref: : All I ask is that everyone who decide to use tetracycline classed antibiotics make an INFORMED decision to do so. as with all medicine and remedies it may work for you, it may not. the same applies to green tea and other natural remedies.

Well, as I only joined this website to review green tea and share my experience, now that I have done so, best of luck to all you out there who are trying to eliminate their acne.

(not sure if the links have uploaded! if not apologies)

Edited by usacc

oh thanks :) it is gone now. it got worst first. it was a huge bump. it looked like i smashed my face off something. but it finally bursted and has gone away. it hurt so much i couldn't even wear a hat to hide it. anyways i thought i would mention that it was gone. thanks for all the advice ppl!

i recently tried the new super mario bros for the wii and i loved it sooo much! i love mario games. but others are good too. :)

I love Mario games too. Only had one Nintendo game console, and that's the Wii. But Ive played some Mario games at other peoples houses before. At the moment Ive got two Mario games, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. Awesome. I don't play the Wii much, but they are cool. (Bit off topic, not about acne at all, sorry, :P )

I've started to have acne after I graduated from high-school, but it was just here and there, about 4 months ago i broke out with horrid cystic acne only, no small stuff just all cystic. I had been on bactrim before and the derm put me back on it, then i found out i had started to eat a ham sandwich for breakfast every morning, after I stopped this and stayed away from pork my face has taken a turn for the better.

I have cystic scars but only get 1 cyst here and there on my back, I also use differin everyday.

So the foods that give me cystic acne are pork,mayo,butter, so i religiously stay away from those.

I only wash with water, exfoliate with jojoba oil or aspirin mask once a week. I only wash once in the morning, in the evening only apply jojoba oil before bed.

The hard part is that acne takes a long time to cure, so one might get discouraged if no results are seen right away.

We're all different and acne seems to "attack" in many different ways it's pretty much trial and error, tok me 4 years to find out it was pork that was giving me cysts.