Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

First off all I want to thank the creator and all the members of this site. This site seems to have great information. I have not seen so much information on any other site.

I have suffered from acne for almost 12 years. Now they are gone but the major problem is that they have left lot of scars ( more icepick, some boxcar and some rolling scars ) on my cheeks. To be frank.....Life is very difficult to live with those scars.

I have gone through 5 Microdermabrasion with 0 % results, 8 Smooth beam treatments with 5% results and one fraxel treatment with 0% results. I did not go for other fraxel treatments as it made my face red for 10~12 days with no improvement.

Based on my experience and after reading few blogs here i can say that lasers are no good for deep scars. It seems that we need to bring up the scars first to some level by treatments like dermaroller/ subcision and then we can use lasers for more results.

There are very few docs in my city who still performs subcision and dermaroller for scars. They all have those expensive lasers and just want to sell them. After searching a lot i found a doc nearby my place who does subcision. I met him 2 days ago and he has suggested a combination of

Subcision + Dermaroller ( 1.5 mm length ) + Glycolic Peel ( diluted one ).

It seems a lot of people on this site are trying subcision/dermaroller and have seen good results.

I will post my before and after photos and keep you updated as everyone does on the site. I am going for my first treatment tomorrow.

I just have one query....Has anyone tried Glycolic peel with these treatments. Will it be of any help in the healing process...?

Please post pics cause there are many surgical scar treatments depending upon the scar. we can't really tell without pics. Where do you live ?

Edited by usacc

Do you mind sharing what brand/website you ordered your dermaroller from?

Axxith....Sorry if i was not clear in my last post. I have just tried lasers till date. This will be the first time i will be going for dermaroller and subcision....I am planning to have few sessions from the doc and afterwards i will buy my own dermaroller and start rolling at home.

Please post pics cause there are many surgical scar treatments depending upon the scar. we can't really tell without pics. Where do you live ?

Hi Usacc,

Below are my pics...Any suggestions whether I am going for the right treatment or not..?

post-79079-1263884419_thumb.jpg

post-79079-1263884814_thumb.jpg

Edited by rpce

U should def do subcision. Maybe even 2-3 subcisions. It should help in the more saucer shaped scarring. The more sharper edged scarring will either respond to punch floats or punch grafts. For some might just do direct excision and suture.

I had surgery recently and the doc (edmund griffin in atlanta) did multiple procedures -- punch floats, fat transfer and fasia lata. Fascia lata helped in the shallower broad based scars.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the dermaroller. It prolly would be a waste like others. So will the glycolic peel !

You might ask around about fraxel repair (only after other surgeries), but your skin seems dark so that might not be a good idea. Another laser that works on dark skin is ematrix sublative...check around for that.

Post pictures of your before/after here so we can point towards more on treatments.

Where are you located ? I would suggest flying out to the best doctors out there. If I were you I would budget $8-10k for 70-80% correction.

Hi Usacc,

Below are my pics...Any suggestions whether I am going for the right treatment or not..?

Edited by usacc

U should def do subcision. Maybe even 2-3 subcisions. It should help in the more saucer shaped scarring. The more sharper edged scarring will either respond to punch floats or punch grafts. For some might just do direct excision and suture.

I had surgery recently and the doc (edmund griffin in atlanta) did multiple procedures -- punch floats, fat transfer and fasia lata. Fascia lata helped in the shallower broad based scars.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the dermaroller. It prolly would be a waste like others. So will the glycolic peel !

You might ask around about fraxel repair (only after other surgeries), but your skin seems dark so that might not be a good idea. Another laser that works on dark skin is ematrix sublative...check around for that.

Post pictures of your before/after here so we can point towards more on treatments.

Where are you located ? I would suggest flying out to the best doctors out there. If I were you I would budget $8-10k for 70-80% correction.

Hi Usacc,

Definitely don't need $8k-$10k for 70%-80% improvement. Get like 3 subcisions for under $2k. I would avoid fraxel but thats me.

Hi Usacc,

Definitely don't need $8k-$10k for 70%-80% improvement. Get like 3 subcisions for under $2k. I would avoid fraxel but thats me.

@Usacc....Thanks for the inputs. I am from India ..I am planning to go for 2~3 sessions or more depending upon the results from this combine treatment. By the way where are you located and have you seen anyone with scars like mine who has got good improvement and from which doctor/treatment...?

@Acnepwns......Thanks...Treatment here seems to be cheap as one session ( dermaroller + subcision + peel ) is costing me around $100...

the peel would be useless and leave you red unnecessarily...

the price is pretty cheap.

i'm in california.

@Usacc....Thanks for the inputs. I am from India ..I am planning to go for 2~3 sessions or more depending upon the results from this combine treatment. By the way where are you located and have you seen anyone with scars like mine who has got good improvement and from which doctor/treatment...?

@Acnepwns......Thanks...Treatment here seems to be cheap as one session ( dermaroller + subcision + peel ) is costing me around $100...

Hi Guys ......

.....Just wanted to give an update on the treatment...

I went through the 1st session 24 hrs back. Below are the details of the procedure which he performed.

1. Doctor started with giving me saline injections on both the cheeks and then started Subcision. I was able to hear the ticking sounds when the doctor breaks the fibrous strands with the needle. He did this with a 19G needle and it took him around 20 minutes to complete this on around 20 scars.

2. He washed my face and started with Dermaroller ( 1.5mm) . He rolled for around 10 minutes. He said that he will not roll on the scars on which he just did Subcision. He also rolled on my forehead and chin for very less time as the scarring on these parts is very less ( wrinkle type ).

3. After this he applied glycolic peel ( 20 % ) on my face and removed it in 1~2 minutes. I asked him what is the need to use the peel . He answered as the pores are open now so the peel can go more deep now and helps in the collagen building ( which I doubt ).

In total it took him around 30~35 minutes to complete the treatment. I am still red/bruised and some swelling is there on my cheeks. No redness on chin/forehead ( could be because he rolled very lightly on these areas ).

It's too early to say anything about the improvement but he said that after 3~4 sessions I will see 40~50 % of improvement. I will post some pics when swelling /redness is gone.

Just an update...Face is still red but the redness is going down day by day. Don't know why but got 3~4 new pimples. Could be because of the cream ( Fucidin H ) Or the tablets ( Droxyl 500 ) which the doc asked me to take ...Any Ideas/suggestions..?

......Its been around 40 days. As far as the improvement is concerned.. i do see some but its very mild. Well on the negative side i have 4~5 red scars..they appear to be like pimples but they are not pimples and they do not go away.. Does anyone has any idea what are they and how can i get rid of them..?

......Its been around 40 days. As far as the improvement is concerned.. i do see some but its very mild. Well on the negative side i have 4~5 red scars..they appear to be like pimples but they are not pimples and they do not go away.. Does anyone has any idea what are they and how can i get rid of them..?

It's hard to tell without any pictures. First you say they are red scars then say they appear to look like pimples so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Subcision definitely can cause some redness/browness after which may take several months for it to fade away. Lumps are possible too.