Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riomar

Candida Is Overwhelming Me

Well isn't white coated tongue the most obvious sign? I read that somewhere =P

That's only one of the many possibilities. It's far from certain that you suffer from candida overgrowth if you have a white coated tongue.

This 'die off' that everyone talks about is something that happens naturally, regardless of whether you have candida or not. If you are eliminating sugar and carbs in general, you are definitely going to feel lethargic because you are forcing your body to use fat as its prime energy fuel. Your brain has to literally change gene expression to be able to use ketones as an energy source. Everybody who embarks on a low carb diet goes through an initial stage of lethargy.

As for fat, forget about the nuts. Nuts are high in polyunsaturated fats that are INFLAMMATORY. I would rather go for fish oil and saturated fats (like coconut oil).

HRx - Do you think you might have low stomach acid? That is another cause of candida.

Yes Dotty I do take HCL 30 min. after meals accordingly.

I've decided to call my training recruiter today and explained to her that I need to be removed from the class roster. To my relief they have year round recruiting and she told me it would be okay to call again two weeks before I intend to begin training so they can put me on hold until then.

Yes I won't be making good money for a while. But I should have enough to ensure I have everything I need to rest for at least 6 weeks. This should be enough time to restore my energy and start training with the confidence I need to succeed.

I'm glad I don't have to go into this with such a bad state of health.

Now back to square one.

Die-off here I come!

Better now then later....:)

@AKL - either way I do believe it's a big sign, along with that you can read online what causes candida overgrowth and with that you should be pretty confident about having it or not.

@AKL - either way I do believe it's a big sign, along with that you can read online what causes candida overgrowth and with that you should be pretty confident about having it or not.

I agree more or less. At least you should not trust your tongue only. In fact, it's debatable if chronic candida infections are responsible at all for many people's health issues. Since there is no scientific evidence (as far as I know) supporting candida causes and treatments, and linking them together, we have to do with anecdotal evidence. The only "scientific proof" you'll find is an e-book you have to pay for. Many people who diagnose themselves with candida overgrowth suddenly completely change their diet to a level I will never understand. I admit that some of these diets are pretty healthy, but the sudden change is not. However, once the symptoms start to diminish they say: see, I suffered from candida infection, it's already healing. While in fact they may have suffered from something completely different and that was corrected by eating healthy and building up their weakened immune system. The problem with candida is, that the symptoms you see all over the internet (especially on websites selling diets, pills or other treatments) are general and vague to say the least. Many of them could be linked to just about any disease.

Anyway, eating healthy is never a bad idea, if anyone feels it cures their candida overgrowth: great, for it's all about healing yourself. And maybe I'm totally wrong myself and there is scientific evidence that I must have missed. In that case: please send it to me or post some links here, I really would like to read that.

First off, candida overgrowth, while it is real, is not nearly as prevalent as people believe it to be. It is actually a fairly rare condition. There is absolutely no evidence to support the claims that candida is responsible for hundreds of conditions.

Ever since I've diagnosed my self...

I understand die off unlike some of the other posters. I have had it for over a year every day--moderate to severe where your limbs go numb, you shake, can't exercise, and can't focus.

I finished one of my protocols so it's much improved, but I also found Vitamin C powder and bentonite clay taken daily in large doses to be the most helpful supplements. Are you taking either of these?

I understand die off unlike some of the other posters. I have had it for over a year every day--moderate to severe where your limbs go numb, you shake, can't exercise, and can't focus.

I finished one of my protocols so it's much improved, but I also found Vitamin C powder and bentonite clay taken daily in large doses to be the most helpful supplements. Are you taking either of these?

thank u! exactly

someone gets it.

I do take Vitamin C 1,000mg four times a day.

Edited by HЯxRxᴎ

Over the last 30 or 40 years the wide-spread use of prescription drugs, including antibiotics, birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, and over-the-counter medicines, as well as an increase in environmental toxins, have caused candida overgrowth of epidemic proportions.

Though many conventional doctors still refuse to recognize the seriousness of the candida epidemic, there are more and more professionals taking note of this widespread problem. This is due in part to the realization that candida makes up a significant portion of hospital-acquired infectious diseases.

Our advanced, life-sustaining technology, such as artificial joints, organ transplants and chemotherapy, allows this normally harmless fungus to invade deep into body cavities and organs.

An editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that "a disturbingly large number of patients die with undiagnosed [and untreated] invasive candida infections."

The best way to ward off candida is to stick to a healthy diet that provides the body what it needs to "do its job," which is keeping your body fit and healthy.

-Bee

@AKL - no, sorry, I don't have any scientific evidence. I just do what I believe is best for me and that appears to be what the thread starter is also doing, although maybe a bit too extreme if he's having certain symptoms.

This 'die off' that everyone talks about is something that happens naturally, regardless of whether you have candida or not. If you are eliminating sugar and carbs in general, you are definitely going to feel lethargic because you are forcing your body to use fat as its prime energy fuel. Your brain has to literally change gene expression to be able to use ketones as an energy source. Everybody who embarks on a low carb diet goes through an initial stage of lethargy.

As for fat, forget about the nuts. Nuts are high in polyunsaturated fats that are INFLAMMATORY. I would rather go for fish oil and saturated fats (like coconut oil).

yes my sources are of EVOO, EVCO, CLO, ghee, and avocadoes.

Over the last 30 or 40 years the wide-spread use of prescription drugs, including antibiotics, birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, and over-the-counter medicines, as well as an increase in environmental toxins, have caused candida overgrowth of epidemic proportions.

Though many conventional doctors still refuse to recognize the seriousness of the candida epidemic, there are more and more professionals taking note of this widespread problem. This is due in part to the realization that candida makes up a significant portion of hospital-acquired infectious diseases.

Our advanced, life-sustaining technology, such as artificial joints, organ transplants and chemotherapy, allows this normally harmless fungus to invade deep into body cavities and organs.

An editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that "a disturbingly large number of patients die with undiagnosed [and untreated] invasive candida infections."

The best way to ward off candida is to stick to a healthy diet that provides the body what it needs to "do its job," which is keeping your body fit and healthy.

-Bee

Is this supposed to be scientific evidence? They quote one sentence from an editorial, not a scientific study. And those patients were already suffering from a disease (not candida) that seriously compromised their immune systems. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see you regain your health, that's why I joined in. You asked for opinions, you get them ;) I really hope that your situation will soon change for the best. But I think you (and a lot of others) are treating it the wrong way. If you feel it's the right way: that's great, you have to be supportive of the choices you make, that will only make things easier to accomplish. Just don't think that I'm only trying to smash your choices, I'm trying to really help instead of just repeating you. That's not what you asked for, so that's not what you're getting.

@AKL - no, sorry, I don't have any scientific evidence. I just do what I believe is best for me and that appears to be what the thread starter is also doing, although maybe a bit too extreme if he's having certain symptoms.

That's just fine, Jay. You should do what you believe is right. I'm just trying to let people see there's more to it and things are not always what they seem. Anyway, good luck on you diet! (that is not meant in a sarcastic way ;) )

honestly the only way to see if this is really the source of all my problems is to really try it out 100%

Now that I have the time and right state of mind this is what I will do.

I will report back with results and update on substantial progress.

thank u! exactly

someone gets it.

I had to take up to 4,000 mg of Vitamin C 3 times a day. I think you will notice a major difference if you increase your dose. I stir it in water and add stevia. For me personally, bentonite clay was much more effective than vitamin c. You notice effects in 30 minutes to an hour of drinking it. You have to take about 1-2 teaspoons to deal with herx once a day apart from your vitamins/supplements. It reduced cravings, made my limbs feel less heavy, and allowed me to focus.

I was able to work 40 hours a week on this regimen. I also added almonds to my diet, which unfortunately give me mild acne, and reduced my garlic intake because otherwise my diet alone was giving me die off as it was too healthy. This is actually bad on your liver to have it detox all these poisons every day so sometimes you have to compromise.

what brand do u get the vitamin c powder from? Its hard to know which ones is good and the most absorbable.

thank u! exactly

someone gets it.

I had to take up to 4,000 mg of Vitamin C 3 times a day. I think you will notice a major difference if you increase your dose. I stir it in water and add stevia. For me personally, bentonite clay was much more effective than vitamin c. You notice effects in 30 minutes to an hour of drinking it. You have to take about 1-2 teaspoons to deal with herx once a day apart from your vitamins/supplements. It reduced cravings, made my limbs feel less heavy, and allowed me to focus.

I was able to work 40 hours a week on this regimen. I also added almonds to my diet, which unfortunately give me mild acne, and reduced my garlic intake because otherwise my diet alone was giving me die off as it was too healthy. This is actually bad on your liver to have it detox all these poisons every day so sometimes you have to compromise.

were almonds the only thing you ate to alleviate detoxing?

thank u! exactly

someone gets it.

Yes. They are dense and slowed down my detox rate because they are not as healthy as the other things in my diet. I only eat them raw. Avocados are much easier to digest and encourage detoxing.

Yes. They are dense and slowed down my detox rate because they are not as healthy as the other things in my diet. I only eat them raw. Avocados are much easier to digest and encourage detoxing.

Yes I eat one avocado everyday. But I think I might go cold turkey for a few weeks and see

if I will have the energy to work 40 hours as well,

for that will be what's expected of me.

If I still have no energy by then,

I may have to add in fruit for a while. But I will see.

The supplement molybdenum drastically reduced my Candida overgrowth. The Candida diet helped somewhat, but I would get horrible die-off if I added any antifungals. Molybdenum helped without any die-off symptoms. I take 1000 mcg/day and it took a month or two to make a big difference.

This post is how I found out about it: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1205183

I still can get some symptoms of Candida overgrowth if I eat a lot of carbs, but I don't feel like crap all the time anymore.

By the way, I don't know this is relevant to you, but if you have mercury toxicity (from amalgam fillings, vaccines, etc.) then it will be very difficult to ever get rid of your Candida overgrowth (unless you get the mercury out).

The supplement molybdenum drastically reduced my Candida overgrowth. The Candida diet helped somewhat, but I would get horrible die-off if I added any antifungals. Molybdenum helped without any die-off symptoms. I take 1000 mcg/day and it took a month or two to make a big difference.

This post is how I found out about it: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1205183

I still can get some symptoms of Candida overgrowth if I eat a lot of carbs, but I don't feel like crap all the time anymore.

By the way, I don't know this is relevant to you, but if you have mercury toxicity (from amalgam fillings, vaccines, etc.) then it will be very difficult to ever get rid of your Candida overgrowth (unless you get the mercury out).

So I see.......

Organic fluorine, along with calcium and a some help from molybdenum, forms calcium fluorapatite, which is recognised as the mineral element of teeth and bones.

Ionic fluoride does not contribute to this process and instead it causes the over stimulation of the parathyroid glands, resulting in abnormal bone growth, calcification of tendons and ligaments and interrupts the process which generates energy in cells.

-Healingnaturallybybee.com

I did once have a silver filling which fell out not too long after in my adolescence,

so how would one know if they are affected with mercury toxicity and how to go about getting it out?

Edited by HЯxRxᴎ

I did once have a silver filling which fell out not too long after in my adolescence,

so how would one know if they are affected with mercury toxicity

A hair test. Click the link in my signature; I think I've explained it all there.

and how to go about getting it out?

Andy Cutler's protocol is the safest. You must be absolutely sure that you have no amalgams left before attempting chelation.