Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red Bull

No acne under hair? Hows that possible?

I've had acne since I was around 11, and now I presume it's at it's peak (I'm 16 now).

Up until I was 14, I had short hair, but decided to grow it long (like a scene hairstyle), with a fringe and sidebangs.

The fringe covers my forehead, and the sidebangs cover the edges of my face, just before the ears.

Over my face, I have acne, but NONE under the hair, so there's none on my forehead, or the edges of my cheeks.

I wash my hair every day, I wash my face 2 times a day with cold then warm water.

I've tried everything topical, and I'm currently taking minocycline, 200mg per day.

My acne is moderate, but could easily progress into severe.

What the hell could be causing this to happen?

get a skin regimen.

minocycline worked for me, but takes a couple of months to build up under the skin.

post pictures of your acne.

I've had acne since I was around 11, and now I presume it's at it's peak (I'm 16 now).

Up until I was 14, I had short hair, but decided to grow it long (like a scene hairstyle), with a fringe and sidebangs.

The fringe covers my forehead, and the sidebangs cover the edges of my face, just before the ears.

Over my face, I have acne, but NONE under the hair, so there's none on my forehead, or the edges of my cheeks.

I wash my hair every day, I wash my face 2 times a day with cold then warm water.

I've tried everything topical, and I'm currently taking minocycline, 200mg per day.

My acne is moderate, but could easily progress into severe.

What the hell could be causing this to happen?

DUDE what the hell, your situation is pretty much identical to mine! Im on the 2nd month of minocycline and my face sounds EXACTLY the same, no acne on my forehead under my hair but all over my cheeks. We need to exchange pictures cuz I felt like I was looking into a mirror reading your post.

Hey, I finally decided to take some pictures.

cheeks, front on, and then obviously the clear forehead that is covered with hair.

file0036y.jpg

85886977.jpg

36132553.jpg

23342235.jpg

Edited by Red Bull

Shameless bump.. no replies after pictures? D:

Anybody have a clue what this could be?

I'm trying duac topical cream again, it's not doing much, but I'll post progress if anybody wants.