Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaihd

How to tell if they are red marks or spots?

Posted

Hi there

I have quite a few spots on my face but they do not petrude out like normal spots, they are flush against my skin therefore I think they are rather red marks. Is this correct?

I am just trying to figure out what the differences are; ie if you can feel them on your skin then they are spots, but if you rub your finger over them and the area is smooth they are red marks?

Do spots turn into red marks?

Posted

Are you a leper? I dont think you have "spots" :ninja:

A glycolic acid product or azelaic acid product should get rid of your "spots" ie red marks.

Posted
Hi there

I have quite a few spots on my face but they do not petrude out like normal spots, they are flush against my skin therefore I think they are rather red marks. Is this correct?

I am just trying to figure out what the differences are; ie if you can feel them on your skin then they are spots, but if you rub your finger over them and the area is smooth they are red marks?

Do spots turn into red marks?

Confuses me too sometimes, because since it is so persistant and red all the time, i will get another lump or cyst in that PIH area and i always wonder if one is starting to form, but you got to feel it to see if one is or not like you said.

Posted
Are you a leper? I dont think you have "spots" :ninja:

A glycolic acid product or azelaic acid product should get rid of your "spots" ie red marks.

"Spots" is the British English term for zits or pimples.

To the author of the post - yes, you're right. Sometimes pimples leave behind red marks, and these red marks are just discoloration of your skin - they are not raised. They go away given time (usually around 6 months to 2 years)

Posted

Hehe, yes I am British (sorry for the terminology confusion lol).

Thank you for your responses; like you mentioned silverangel they should go away given time but I have had the same 'red marks' on my cheek for coming up to approx 4 months now and it is getting a little annoying (as they still look like spots!).

I have read that Apple Cider Vinegar and AHA are good products to use for red marks? (Is this the case?)

Can anyone else suggest possible products?

Thanks!