Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ElGaucho

Have You Ever Cancelled a Date?(cause of acne)

Hey so I have a date tonight, but also happen to be recovering from the first breakout of the year so far. I am so frustrated. I feel like I'm not going to be able to do the same things I would be able to do if my face was clear. It feels so unfair, and I would love nothing more that to have it work out. Since its a first date, I want to make a good impression, and that's why I'm debating whether or not I should cancel.

Please help me if you have any words of wisdom :)

Hey so I have a date tonight, but also happen to be recovering from the first breakout of the year so far. I am so frustrated. I feel like I'm not going to be able to do the same things I would be able to do if my face was clear. It feels so unfair, and I would love nothing more that to have it work out. Since its a first date, I want to make a good impression, and that's why I'm debating whether or not I should cancel.

Please help me if you have any words of wisdom :)

If you cancel, you'll make a bad impression.

I have definitely cancelled a date because I thought my skin looked bad. You can reschedule, but make sure you don't cancel a second time- you don't want to come off as flakey. It really sucks when you are getting to know someone new and you just want them to see you at your best. Just try and be realistic about your skin. I always say "I'll go out when I look better" but I never seem to be completely happy with how I look and it can turn into an excuse not to do things that are uncomfortable

If someone really likes you and respects you they'll like you even through acne :shrug: And you won't be able to hide it every time. So no, I haven't, and no, I wouldn't.

Hello,

I have canceled dates before - it just knocks your confidence so badly . I know my date would see past the acne . My ance was quiet late - started when i was 16 gahh! On the other side of things- when my skin looks good i make sure i do go on dates ! ( not very often must say =( ) =P x

i have done i think twice before when i was still a teenager, but since being on the right meds i haven't had to since. i could tell you that if she really likes you / loves you she will enjoy your date and be with you regardless of your skin (which may well be true), but i know it doesn't help :)

now i'm 25 you would think i've matured, but since running out of my meds recently from being stuck in this dump with no access to them, i'm contemplating canceling an entire weeks holiday because of it. perhaps 7 times sadder than canceling a single date. how much of a loser must i be, but if my skin does start to deteriorate i'll have no choice as i wont want to see her out of embarrassment and i'll be shy, awkward and embarrased 24hrs a day and we'll both end up having a sh1t time.

so i know how you feel. hopefully you can be stronger than me :)

at least canceling a date you wont be out of pocket. if i cancel this trip i'll be $1400 in flights, $1800 in hotel and visa costs out of pocket. if i dont find my minocycline that is, or if this dox doesn't work