Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dellster

The way acne marks look outside with makeup

Is it really possible to cover marks completely and not have people notice I have acne? I find it so hard to cover my marks up, every concealer i've tried covers up my red/brown marks only in bad light but it looks horrible in outside light and brighter lights... Is it really possible to cover up marks perfectly and have it look flawless in bad and good light?

It's not impossible.. difficult, but not impossible! What concealer and foundation do you use?

I use the Revlon Colorstay foundation and concealer, along with a pressed powder really does the job. My skin doesn't look flawless, but unless the person is standing within 2 feet of me, you can get away with looking like you have decent skin.

I've been using Covergirl trublend foundation with everyday minerals powder concealer... it looks great under my home light (dark yellowish light) but under natural outside light my marks look pinkish, cakey, and messy! Ive tried the revlon colorstay concealer before but i couldnt quite find the right shade to match my skin.. maybe i need to get some new products all together... why is it so hard to find the perfect concealer/foundation :confused:

Edited by dellster

It's difficult, but I've managed to do it. The sun makes my red marks look 1000x worse [without makeup] :confused: I have tried a lot of foundations/powders/concealers, but the only one that effectively covers my marks is CoverGirl Simply Powder. It looks fantastic on my skin and I've gotten a ton of compliments about how great my complexion looks with it on, but my marks have faded significantly as compared to how they were before, so this might not work on those dark red/purple marks that some people get. Mine are more of a light red color. Plus, the powder looks natural [which is what I look for when I purchase makeup].

Ask a Korean girl. Ive met a lot of asian girls (Im part asian, not being racist or anything) and Korean girls put makeup that make them look like they have skin smooth like a pearl. Every Korean girl I know have great looking skin. Turns out some of them that I knew had very bad acne skin (scar, big pores, discoloration) and the makeup they used covered it up perfectly. I never knew they had terrible skin. Now that I think about it, I've never met a Korean girl with bad skin.

Most days I manage to cover it up pretty well. It's just taken a lot of practice and trying a lot of products to find what works for my skin. I apply my foundation with my fingers (Shishedo Lifting Foundation), then apply 2 layers of concealer (Maybelline Mineral Concealer) over my red spots/acne. I gently tap a concealer brush over the concealer until it's blended. I then use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder with a puff/pad (looks better than used with a brush).

It's pretty difficult but it's possible. I always use a green concealer or a green cream to help negate the red color. After that, I cover it with a foundation matching my skin so the green doesn’t show. Next I apply a translucent powder to set it all and then go over it once again with a skin colored powder. It seems to work pretty well!

It's pretty difficult but it's possible. I always use a green concealer or a green cream to help negate the red color. After that, I cover it with a foundation matching my skin so the green doesn’t show. Next I apply a translucent powder to set it all and then go over it once again with a skin colored powder. It seems to work pretty well!

So these green concealers do work, which one do you use? Thinking about getting a tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer) for my pale face and been searching for a concealer. Jack

It is kinda difficult, it usually takes me a long time to cover all the crap up :(. I use a liquid foundation from Neutrogena, which i apply with a sponge/wedge. Then, i use a concealer stick (from Neutrogena) and put it on wherever i still see marks. It's better to put your concealer on after your foundation, some people disagree, but it just seems to help cover better.

It is kinda difficult, it usually takes me a long time to cover all the crap up :(. I use a liquid foundation from Neutrogena, which i apply with a sponge/wedge. Then, i use a concealer stick (from Neutrogena) and put it on wherever i still see marks. It's better to put your concealer on after your foundation, some people disagree, but it just seems to help cover better.

Thanks for the tip.

Most days I manage to cover it up pretty well. It's just taken a lot of practice and trying a lot of products to find what works for my skin. I apply my foundation with my fingers (Shishedo Lifting Foundation), then apply 2 layers of concealer (Maybelline Mineral Concealer) over my red spots/acne. I gently tap a concealer brush over the concealer until it's blended. I then use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder with a puff/pad (looks better than used with a brush).

I do agree it's better to use a pad then a brush. But I have a question? i've been seeing this jojoba oil on alot of people's daily regimen's, but what exactly is it? Doesn't the oil clog your pores or make you more oily? Right now I just use my gentle foaming cleanser from neutrogena to remove makeup

-Thanks!

I do agree it's better to use a pad then a brush. But I have a question? i've been seeing this jojoba oil on alot of people's daily regimen's, but what exactly is it? Doesn't the oil clog your pores or make you more oily? Right now I just use my gentle foaming cleanser from neutrogena to remove makeup

-Thanks!

Here's a link to Dan Kern's jojoba oil (which isn't the only jojoba oil out there, but he describes it pretty well): http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/28.htm

Jojoba oil is rated 0-2 as far as comedogenicity goes, which means it won't clog most people's pores.

it is possible to cover it up.. that's what i have been "deceiving" everyone with for months, apart from my family and boyfriend..

i use everyday minerals matte formulation. and it covers like a miracle when i keep layering it. i dont buffer it in, i just stipple.....and it covers my red marks perfectly even in the bright sun. (what i do is i do my makeup by the window, so i know how i'll look like when im out in natural light, instead of floroscent light)

OH, UNLESS I DRINK. I TEND TO GET RED WHEN I DRINK, SO WHEN I DRINK, my red marks get a lot darker... making it more obvious. so tts the only downside

Edited by SHE'S MARIA
it is possible to cover it up.. that's what i have been "deceiving" everyone with for months, apart from my family and boyfriend..

i use everyday minerals matte formulation. and it covers like a miracle when i keep layering it. i dont buffer it in, i just stipple.....and it covers my red marks perfectly even in the bright sun. (what i do is i do my makeup by the window, so i know how i'll look like when im out in natural light, instead of floroscent light)

OH, UNLESS I DRINK. I TEND TO GET RED WHEN I DRINK, SO WHEN I DRINK, my red marks get a lot darker... making it more obvious. so tts the only downside

What do you use to stipple?