Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Should I start using Retin-A?

I have a tube of .025% Retin-A. I want to use it to help my scarring and red marks but I still have some active acne. I am afraid that it will make my active acne even worse, causing more indented scars. Causing more scars would be putting me a step back.

How long does the redness last for?

Should I start using it anyways?

Edited by AcnePwns

In my opinion, if you're going to start using Retin-A, you should be prepared to have horrible skin, possibly the worst skin of your life for three months. Also, if you do get a breakout, those spots are likely to leave behind red marks (not usually permanent but still, there) so weigh that too.

All this may not happen to you as it did to me (after three months I'm clear, btw) but I think before you consider going on Retin-A, just be prepared for the cons of the treatment.

Yea not only will I get red marks from the IB, but it will leave indented scarring, as I am very prone to scarring even by small zits.

I ended up not using it. An IB can be a potential disaster for me and make my problem even worse.

I'm going to stick to my glycolic acid.

Yea not only will I get red marks from the IB, but it will leave indented scarring, as I am very prone to scarring even by small zits.

I ended up not using it. An IB can be a potential disaster for me and make my problem even worse.

I'm going to stick to my glycolic acid.

I'm the same way. My skin scars easily.