Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Obviously less oil produced means less acne.

I cant even use moisturizer cause it makes my skin oiler. Though I was told you should use it. I know I know. I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and 2 months later my nose and forehead are glistening with oil Oh how lucky me.

yea ur like me...i cause use mositurizer because if in a hour my face will be super oily...i just wash my face like every 4 hours and throw water on my face when i get the chance

I also have very oily skin. The kind of product that has worked best for me is a serum, instead of a cream or lotion, or even a gel. A serum is a liquid skin care product. Serum's are more expensive, but they are well worth it. Using a serum, i dont feel the urge to wash my face three or four hours after showering.

I have found a Wonderful method for controlling my personal ''oil well of hell" that I call my skin...

I use ''Mudd Spa Treatment- Original Mask" it is ... 100% Natural Purified clay..I buy it at Ulta but sometimes Wal-Mart carrys it too...(cost about $5, very inexpensive and one

6 oz. tube lasts a long time..)

Anyways..Instead of putting it on , letting it dry ..then remove with a wet cloth as the directions....

Before bedtime...I wash my face with the hottest water I can stand and Dawn dishwashing liquid..(yep..really)...rinse, pat dry, then...

I slather on the Mudd mask (thick enough so it covers thoroughly-about 1/8 inch thick or so...keep away from your eyes and lips..)

Let Dry...and KEEP IT ON ALL NIGHT....(keeping it on all night ..really does the trick, here)

In the morning, rinse it off in the shower (takes a little while to disolve, so don't freak out....it WILL come off! LOL).. then wash your face with soap.. as usual.

I would not recommend this if you have very sensitive skin...like I said , mine is VERY OILY...but after I use my Mudd Mask method, my skin is Glowing , Comfortable and Oil Free (yet, not dry..) for at least 2 days!!!

I do this sometimes twice a week...It works Wonders!!! smile.gif

hey.. what does the dawn dishwashing soap do? does it help with the oil.. or..?

Use salycylic acid, that will clean your pores from the inside and also pervent greasing of the skin... Then I strongly suggest you wear a moisturisor, such as urban rite face relief, that will prevent regreasing of the skin... The thing is when there isnt any moisturisor on your skin, your body releases more oils to naturally moisturise the skin, now this is great breeding ground for P.Acne... If you use moisturisor everyday, your body will learn that it doesnt need to secrete so much oil and you will have less oily skin within days but youll notice an improvment immediately....

unfortunately its very hard to stop your oil glands, its a hormonal condition, and its very hard to change your hormones.

i am similar to you, my skin produces oil at high amounts, so high that after i shower, my face is shiny and greasy 2 hours later. whats worse is when im nervous, stressed, or in a tight situation, for some reason i find my face produces even more oil and i get greasy. the only real way to do it, is oil wipes, use those every 3 hours to keep your face oil free.

if you moisturize, like they say, i found that my face produces less oil, but im still shiny and feel dirty, its still not "normal"

my cousin, who had just as much oily skin as me, took accutane, and had really dry skin, after his course, his skin came back to normal, but isnt oily anymore, just normal like anyoen elses skin.

When i wake up in the morning i my face isnt super oily but soft. Did you ever realize it could be the things you eat like chips.

I used to have very oily skin--I tried to do everything to get my skin back to normal. Cleansing pads, scrubs, washing a lot, harsh soaps, you name it.

Then I just kept myself to 2 washings a day (i'm so addicted to face washing, I love the way it feels...heh) and started using a moisturizer...and little by little my skin is getting softer and less oily.

I'm using Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin, and it really helps control shine. Seems to absorb the oil, so I feel nice and clean all day long.

I dunno, maybe you tried all this...maybe it doesn't work for you...just saying it worked for me.

I want to try the C&C Oil-Absorbing sheets...I still get a little oily some days. Are they worth it? They seem to get good reviews on drugstore.com.

Guest Tracy

The thing you need to do to get the oil production to slow down is to moisturize WITH some type of oil. It "tricks" the skin into producing less.

I know....it sounds weird, but it works!!

If you have a local Trader Joe's around, or actually any healthfood store will do, get yourself some jojoba oil. Put a drop on your fingertips.....smear that one drop on your damp face and then pat your skin dry with a towel.

Dr. Hauschka has a Normalizing Day Oil that works wonders, too.....but it's very expensive.

Try it. It works. You'll be amazed at how less oily your skin is after a few days.

Yep, I'm also a compulsive overwasher..If you restrict yourself to twice a day (maybe three MAX) , oiliness will subside and fewer blackheads too. I have such a tuff time following the less washing rule because my skin looks best right after I clean it. Even some witch hazel as a toner is gentler than washing