Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Does Broccomaxx contain potassium?

I am taking broccomaxx and it's really helping my endometriosis! I have no pain and I have so much energy! Yay.

Here's my problem. I want to take spiro, but also want to continue taking broccomaxx, but I know broccoli has a good amount of potassium. Does anyone know if this means broccomaxx has potassium?

If I can take both together I may have found a cure for people like me with high estrogen AND high androgens.

Im taking broccomax as well anti-em, but it gives no clue as to its ingredients. I reckon the main ones are vitamin A and sulforaphane but ill keep searching for you. High estrogen and androgen doesn't sound fun. Spearmint tea/ vitex combo?

Does brocco have vitamin A? I don't know if I like that...

I tried spearmint tea and it gave me a headache. Vitex helped my endo and I didn't get cysts but I still got oil and small one's. I was only on it for about two months and then decided to go on tane. I am thinking if I go on spiro, instead of finishing my 'tane course, that I may take vitex with it because it has no interactions. I really don;t want to stop the brocco, because it's done wonders for my endo and I got no ovulation breakouts either, but if it's high in K, I can't take it on spiro. I hate to stop it because I feel so good on it!

I just looked at the bottle and I really can't tell if it has K in it or not. It says it's made from broccoli seeds, so I don't know if the seeds have K. I wonder if my naturopath MD would know this? I may call her.

Edited by Anti - Em

Dont worry the vitamin A is in beta carotene form so its all good. I would say that broccomax does have K because its generally high in it but ask your naturopath anywayz.

OH MY!!! What I just found, if true, blows my high estrogen theory out of the water. In short, it makes it wrong. This article on broccoli sprouts shows it does have vitamin K, but it also says it has estrogens!! If so, why would that help my endo?? I know the sulfo-whatever-it's-called in broccoli lowers estrogen, but if it has estrogens in it, it makes no sense why it's helping with my endo.

Here's the article. I am SO confused right now!

Broccoli sprouts have just recently become popular after it was discovered that they abound with the amazing cancer-fighting phytochemical, sulforaphane. Research studies have shown that they contain 50 times more sulforpohane than fresh broccoli. What's more, they contain glucosinolates and isothiocyanates, substances that protect cells from becoming malignant, at 10-100 times greater levels than in fresh broccoli. In additon, they are sources of plant estrogens, similar to human estrogen, and so are helpful in cases of PMS, menopause, hot flashes and fibrocystic disease. Nutrient dense, they are rich sources of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, anti-oxidants, the minerals calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Also carotene, chlorophyll, amino acids, trace elements and antioxidants. Broccoli sprouts contain as much as 35% protein.

:doh:

I found out why the phytosetrogens help. They actually help the body get rid of estrogen, so my theory is still valid. I just wonder if I could take this with spiro bc of the K. I'm hoping someone who knows about this will come along.