Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max powers

Always hungry??

I'm on an anti-Candida diet, and I'm always hungry. I eat a lot, but I haven't been able to feel full in a few weeks. For morning I eat about 3 or 4 scrambled eggs with vegetables, for lunch usually pork, beef, or chicken with broccoli and cauliflower, beef stir fry when I get home from school, and whatever my mom makes for dinner. Like I said, I am really hungry, all the times. When I'm not thinking about it, I don't feel it, but when I'm done eating, I'm still hungry. I can eat a lot, and have my stomach hurt because it's so full, but I will still be hungry. I eat slowly, and chew my food thoroughly, so I know that's not a problem.

How do I fix this?

I'm on an anti-Candida diet, and I'm always hungry. I eat a lot, but I haven't been able to feel full in a few weeks. For morning I eat about 3 or 4 scrambled eggs with vegetables, for lunch usually pork, beef, or chicken with broccoli and cauliflower, beef stir fry when I get home from school, and whatever my mom makes for dinner. Like I said, I am really hungry, all the times. When I'm not thinking about it, I don't feel it, but when I'm done eating, I'm still hungry. I can eat a lot, and have my stomach hurt because it's so full, but I will still be hungry. I eat slowly, and chew my food thoroughly, so I know that's not a problem.

How do I fix this?

There are usually two causes of ravenous hunger

One is eating too many processed carbs. Not your case

The other is not getting enough fuel.

Basically you have two fuel: carbs and fats.

Protein are a poor source of energy, they're poorly metabolized and must be used to repair and grow the tissues. So if you're going to eat very little carbs and mostly veggies, you compensate with a lot more fat. Fat is also dense so you won't have the problem of filling your stomach to excess.

So eat more fat and increase your serving size but beware not filling your stomach with lot of veggies. Bulkiness is not nice.

I agree that you should add more good fats to your diet. Good fats make you feel full. I have added coconut oil, coconut milk, nuts and avocados to help with this. But I do feel hungry on this diet often as well. My problem is I get bored with what I'm eating easily. And I find I need to eat like every 2 hours or so or I starve.

Here's a few good recipes with good fats:

From another board member: Nut Fudge

Mix together coconut oil, almond butter, nuts, cocoa powder and stevia or xylitol. Place in freezer to harden.

I made this last night and it's pretty darn good and a great treat.

Hot chocolate:

Mix together coconut milk, almond milk, cocoa powder and stevia or xylitol. Heat and serve. I have also been making chocolate milk but I omit the coconut milk. It really helps me get through the day when I'm hungry but don't feel like eating veggies.

Zucchini hummus:

2 zucchini, chopped

3/4 cup tahini

1/4 olive oil

juice of 1 large lemon

2 to 4 garlic cloves

1 tsp cumin or coriander (or both like I do)

1 tsp sea salt

dash of paprika

mix in food processor

I like to eat this with bell peppers, cucumbers and carrots

I keep all of the above on hand and readily available for when I'm hungry. It also helps to get on the internet and find new and creative recipes to try so you don't get bored with your diet.

One more recipe. This is my favorite chicken dinner:

Season chicken tenders with sea salt and pepper (I like white pepper)

dip chicken in egg

coat chicken in almond meal/flour (you can mix in some herbs and spices too at this point)

arrange chicken in pan

melt one or a combo of the following: coconut oil, ghee (clarified butter) or olive oil (I like the 1st 2)

drizzle over chicken and cook in oven till done at about 400 degrees

I like to serve this with roasted cauliflower. Recipe link follows:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-ne...cipe/index.html

I like to add chopped shallots with this.

Are you positive you are even getting enough calories? Try entering everything you eat into a site like fitday.com for a couple of days and see. Large portions of meats and veggies can still be surprisingly low in calories, depending on what cut you are using and how you prepare it. How old are you and do you exercise a lot? If you are young, or working out a lot you might just be needing more calories.

I know exactly what you mean about being totally full and still wanting food... and there is no question that this situation is not good b/c binge eating is bad on many levels.

Edit:

Also, it could be a psychological thing perhaps... do you have a lot of free time or are you busy? Continuously eating could be something you do when you are bored or just lazing around the house you know? When I am on the move, traveling or working full time I rarely am hungry between meals.

Edited by Drizzler

Whenever I'm not on a special diet, I eat ALL the time. Like non stop...but now that I'm on an anti candida diet there's like nothing good to snack on, so I just eat one meal a day :/

How do I fix this?

Just what everyone says...eat fat! Use butter like crazy. You many want to cook with olive oil or peanut oil due to their high oleic acid content. Refer to the link on oleic acid.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...81007123647.htm

It takes a good week of constant fat eating to reach ketosis where you'll utterly hate any morsel of food. I've been on the very low carb diet for 2 weeks and I'm at the stage where I eat only once per day (e.g half an omelette) and then I'm full. I have to eat an oil dripping salad to try and reach my caloric needs. I suspect that you might not get results immediately but if you adhere to it your lipid and liver parameters will improve. It's actually kind of refreshing feeling satiated.