Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessica09

Collagen Pills

I have the kind of acne scars resulting from loss of tissue. I have paid 1800 dollars on lasers and nothing helped. I was really into getting microdroplet silicone injections but who am I kidding I can't afford that now and wouldn't without being sure of results.

Anyways, I have been thinking about collagen pills and how they may help build tissue where the scars are. I'm not sure if anyone tried them for this reason or if it would even work but I am really curious. If anyone has tried them or knows if they would help with acne scars or not that would be great!

Never heard of it. I doubt you can take pills to improve your skin, you have to damage it first for it to start building collagen.

What kind of lasers did you have?

Never heard of it. I doubt you can take pills to improve your skin, you have to damage it first for it to start building collagen.

What kind of lasers did you have?

Yeah I guess it's too good to be true. I went to a medspa and they done Aramis telling me it would build collagen for the scars and also help reduce the sebum oil. They done peels and microderm and my skin still looks the same. I regret wasting that money really bad... maybe it could have gone towards something that would have actually helped .

I have the kind of acne scars resulting from loss of tissue. I have paid 1800 dollars on lasers and nothing helped. I was really into getting microdroplet silicone injections but who am I kidding I can't afford that now and wouldn't without being sure of results.

Anyways, I have been thinking about collagen pills and how they may help build tissue where the scars are. I'm not sure if anyone tried them for this reason or if it would even work but I am really curious. If anyone has tried them or knows if they would help with acne scars or not that would be great!

heya, i understand your logic. i had a look at the same thing a few months back and read that it all was a bit limited. the collagen molecule is too big to enter into the skin e.g. least if taken as a topical and this probably applies the same as a pill. it was described as throwing animals at a fur coat to try and make it thicker - which wouldnt work :(

if you're wanting to try pills, Vitalzym contains ingredients which have been shown to digest internal scar tissue. the internal scar tissue is made up of the same scar tissue found in skin. its thought if you keep taking it over a period of time, its able to digest the skin's scar tissue too. it looks like a few people have tried it though no result yet. most seemed put off by the 1) cost 2) you need to take up to 9 a day 3) it may not actually work. possibly something invasive is quicker in the long run.

lipoic acid tablets are another claiming to dissolve scar tissue. from the reviews on here though, people cant be sure if its actually working or not. again you want to know something is working if you're paying heaps for it. i hear it does make the skin look a bit nicer though.

anyhoo all the best and i hope you find something that works. definitely tell us how you go with what you end up taking :)

Thanks! Yeah I don't think I'm going to try anything to costly without atleast knowing I would get some results.

I will :)

Doing a little reading on collagen months back, I thought oral collagen

supplements were probable ineffective.

Something interesting I found was a company called BioCell Technology.

Their collagen is used by maybe 20 or so companies under different names,

and slightly different formulations (and prices).

http://biocelltechnology.com/

In 2003 a company in Flordia, Miami Research Associates, did a little

research on the BioCell product with positive results:

"This prelimary study suggests that BioCell Collagen II has promise as an

effective joint support dietary supplement", said Sheldon a rheumatolgists

and rheumatology instructor at the University of Miami School of Medicine.

There's a few other positive quotes in the companies "press" section.

I looked at Miami Research Associates and they do some serious drug

testing for companies.

Anyway, this was the only real "research" I found.

best wishes to all

did the collagen pills work?

I didn't try them. After learning more about acne scars I realized like everyone said it's probably not going to do anything .

did the collagen pills work?

I didn't try them. After learning more about acne scars I realized like everyone said it's probably not going to do anything .

awww awwwww, yeah idk if they would, but there are definitely things you can do to rid yourself of them, and well at least make them look better. Ever find anything?