Notifications
Clear all

my wardrobe is so damn restricted!!!

MemberMember
(@acnepimples)

Posted : 01/14/2010 11:55 am

ok so i m a girl with bacne and face acne.....everywhere i go i see girls wearing tank tops ,tube strap dress, n i m just plain jealous of them! like seriously...all i can wear is t-shirt or some top tat will cover my back....arggh oh man it just sux man. i would like stare at their flawless back LOL like some sicko....haha....i want to go shopping without a care if the top if gonna expose my acne!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@whirlwind18)

Posted : 02/20/2010 11:25 am

I feel ya... I get SO jealous of girls who can wear all that stuff without a care in the world. I think the worst part is knowing that most don't even give acne a second thought. Their skin is just naturally perfect and pimple-free.

But oh well. You get what you get in life.

MemberMember
(@ken_h)

Posted : 02/20/2010 1:07 pm

I never wear anything that will show my chest or back, and that's why I've not gone swimming for six years....I hope all these will end someday~

MemberMember
(@pearlsandtea)

Posted : 03/31/2010 8:11 pm

I feel your pain. I've had arm, chest, and bacne for so long now I can't remember the last time I wore a tank top. I've never even been to a school dance because I can't wear any of the dresses. The worst part for me is not being able to be fashionable because all I can wear is a long sleeve, crew necked shirt. So awful!

Body acne is such a pain. I've tried everything. Going to the doctor to get birth control to see if it helps.

MemberMember
(@vielleicht)

Posted : 04/02/2010 4:57 pm

I have pretty bad chest acne, and back acne, [mostly big cysts]

but i love low cut shirts and tank tops.

I just try not to care anymore, but now i wonder if others judge my skin for looking so bad and exposing it.

lol....

MemberMember
(@crystal_willow)

Posted : 05/01/2010 4:49 am

I know, its one of the worst parts of having body acne. I actually find myself very jealous of all the people who just have it on their face cause they can show off some skin with confidence.

The way I deal with it is to keep working on improving my acne thrugh diet etc and topicals obviously but also to have a range of wardrobe options.

I find my confidence with showing my "true colours" really varies on the day so I have a range of wardrobe options.

I have some long sleve and Tshirt length tight fitting tops so I can still show my body shape which makes me feel a bit sexier. Plus I have a variety of necklines so I can vary it depending on my confidence and the state of my skin that day.

I have slashneck tops to allow some shoulder skin to show whilst covering chest and back.

I have strappy tops, some days I have better skin and I can either wear mineral powder there OR decide I dont give a ...poop... and bare all.

another godsend is NETTED PULLOVERS

they are sexy, mysterious ..... they show skin but not the acne

the are breathable, you can wear a jumper over it if it cools down

most days I want to wear a strappy top I will wear a netter top over it

there are many types of netted top and materials used so you will find something to suit you

an example of how the look so sexy

[Edited link out]

I used to wear them before I had acne because they just look so beautiful, I have a collection.

you could even get some to wear in summer over a bikini ;)

also

I believe wearing freshly cleaned clothes does improve your skin while you wear them as the excess dirt, sebum and dead skin will come off onto them without stripping your skin. (I recommend changing your clothes in the evening, fresh towels every day and fresh sheets every week if possible... ). I also wear a clean PJ top every night to protect my skin from contact with the previous 8-56 hours of dead skin, sebum, bacteria etc.

MemberMember
(@dreamlify)

Posted : 05/02/2010 3:18 am

I also have this problem. Totally understand how it feels.

Staring hard and admiring those flawless skin people.

Sounds sick but it's true.

Really set people with acne their entire life how could that ever be possible.

Most of time i rather give up then to have great disappointment each time, thinking my body acne would get better soon but in the end dun dare to wear anything that would show my arms even.

MemberMember
(@baroo)

Posted : 05/02/2010 5:45 pm

It sucks a lot, for sure. I wear tank tops and strapless shirts anyway, since it's so fricking hot where I live, but I feel self conscious. I recently got a sunburn and it made all these little bumps show up on my chest and upper back, just when I thought the tan would get rid of all my red marks.

Meh.

Just remember, though, that acne's biggest enemy is oxygen - letting your skin air out is a good thing. If you cover it all the time, it could get worse. The reason BP works so well is that the oxygen kills the bacteria.

I hear that people don't notice it as much as we think they do. We notice everyone else's flawless skin because ours isn't flawless, and we're looking for it. Most other people don't notice at all, or if they do, they don't really give it a passing glance.

I'm trying to remember that as I walk around in shirts that show it all. I hate it SO much... but I'm trying to roll with it.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@vielleicht)

Posted : 05/09/2010 5:23 pm

It sucks a lot, for sure. I wear tank tops and strapless shirts anyway, since it's so fricking hot where I live, but I feel self conscious. I recently got a sunburn and it made all these little bumps show up on my chest and upper back, just when I thought the tan would get rid of all my red marks.

Meh.

Just remember, though, that acne's biggest enemy is oxygen - letting your skin air out is a good thing. If you cover it all the time, it could get worse. The reason BP works so well is that the oxygen kills the bacteria.

I hear that people don't notice it as much as we think they do. We notice everyone else's flawless skin because ours isn't flawless, and we're looking for it. Most other people don't notice at all, or if they do, they don't really give it a passing glance.

I'm trying to remember that as I walk around in shirts that show it all. I hate it SO much... but I'm trying to roll with it.

Good luck.

I totally understand what you mean. It's gonna be summer soon, i'm not gonna wear long sleeves, or even t shirts really.

I still wear my tank tops and strapless shirts, i just don't care anymore.

Sure, i get upset when i think about it, and really do obsess over it, but i learn just to deal with it, now.

& i know i should be allowed to wear a tank top or whatever just as much as someone with flawless skin.

About the other people noticing acne..

I don't know if it's just because I'm an acne sufferer myself and really do feel for others with bad acne. But when i see someone with bad acne, i don't really tend to stare and think about it too much like I myself believe everyone else does to me.

Many people probably don't care like we all think they do. It's just the fact that it tends to destroy our self confidence.

& those who do judge, well why are they really? It's not like it's a matter of choice or bad habit we can easily fix.

MemberMember
(@baroo)

Posted : 05/20/2010 12:33 pm

I totally understand what you mean. It's gonna be summer soon, i'm not gonna wear long sleeves, or even t shirts really.

I still wear my tank tops and strapless shirts, i just don't care anymore.

Sure, i get upset when i think about it, and really do obsess over it, but i learn just to deal with it, now.

& i know i should be allowed to wear a tank top or whatever just as much as someone with flawless skin.

About the other people noticing acne..

I don't know if it's just because I'm an acne sufferer myself and really do feel for others with bad acne. But when i see someone with bad acne, i don't really tend to stare and think about it too much like I myself believe everyone else does to me.

Many people probably don't care like we all think they do. It's just the fact that it tends to destroy our self confidence.

& those who do judge, well why are they really? It's not like it's a matter of choice or bad habit we can easily fix.

That's exactly how I feel - I don't care anymore, so I wear them, but I still obsess over it, but just deal with it.

I'm trying AmLactin Moisturizer to see if that clears it up. It's a 12% AHA lotion that works well for people with KP, so maybe it'd help me, too. I ran out of Dan's AHA, and this costs less per ounce and is available in stores. I like Dan's AHA but I didn't want to wait for a shipment.

If it works, I'll let you know. I just need to be religious about applying it - I always fall short when it comes to consistency.

And the oxygen thing is true! Air out your skin, kids! Covering it up isn't doing it any favors (except for the sunscreen)!

MemberMember
(@ihaveabandinlaw)

Posted : 05/20/2010 4:17 pm

I used to have pretty bad bacne, and I wouldnt EVER wear tank tops because it looked so gross =/

BUT, if you have long hair and going to something where you're not moving around much, you can always just let it down so it conceals most of it. Seriously. it seems really obvious, but people usually just cant tell that you have any bacne because all your hair is covering it.

And can I suggest a skin peel for you guys? Go in and get a beta hydroxy peel for your back. It looks really gross for the first week, but after that your acne DISSAPEARS.

Good luck. Acne is the worst thing ever =/

MemberMember
(@baroo)

Posted : 05/21/2010 8:32 pm

I used to have pretty bad bacne, and I wouldnt EVER wear tank tops because it looked so gross =/

BUT, if you have long hair and going to something where you're not moving around much, you can always just let it down so it conceals most of it. Seriously. it seems really obvious, but people usually just cant tell that you have any bacne because all your hair is covering it.

And can I suggest a skin peel for you guys? Go in and get a beta hydroxy peel for your back. It looks really gross for the first week, but after that your acne DISSAPEARS.

How many peels did you get? How much was it? It really worked?

MemberMember
(@ppopsicle)

Posted : 05/21/2010 10:12 pm

Yeah ... so all of my shirts that I wear go all the way to my neckline. It's kind of the reason that I got obsessed with scarves - so if I wear some low-cut shirt I just wear a scarf with it. But it sucks because I can't wear necklaces or most dresses and it's really awkward when I go swimming.

I don't have really horrible body acne but why couldn't my stupid acne stay on my face? In some ways, facial acne is worse, but at the same time you can't really hide it, so it's what you show to the world, and you get used to it. But with acne that you can hide ... I'll just hide forever.

Would you rather have acne on your face or acne on your body?

MemberMember
(@upon-a-december)

Posted : 05/23/2010 9:05 pm

I loooove swimming but always feel like I look so disgusting. So I wear tank tops all the time while swimming and have to tell people I'm self conscious of my body or get cold easy so they don't make fun... really it's to help cover up my bacne. :/ I also can't wear cool tank tops and it annoys me so much because it gets so hot and humid! I'm not to the point where I don't care and wear them anyway.. even though I have long hair.

MemberMember
(@ihaveabandinlaw)

Posted : 05/23/2010 9:08 pm

How many peels did you get? How much was it? It really worked?

Ahhh sorry, just saw that.

I actually only got one mid strength peel. and I had some BAD bacne. Granted, I would continue using my back scrubbing brush in the shower and keep putting on topicals, so that probably sped up the drying and peeling process.

Go in for two or three, once every one or two weeks, and see if that makes a difference.

Be warned, though, showers are pretty painful.

MemberMember
(@vielleicht)

Posted : 05/24/2010 2:47 pm

I would rather have acne on my body.

I didn't use to have it on my body until this last year.

Now that it's both my body and my face, it's just sooo unfairrr..

MemberMember
(@i-hate-bumps)

Posted : 05/29/2010 9:37 am

I never wear anything that will show my chest or back, and that's why I've not gone swimming for six years....I hope all these will end someday~

Yep. I like wearing shirts that kind of come low in the front such as v-neck tees and I can't wear them when I have a breakout on my chest. I also avoid public swimming places when I have that. :( But six years? Wow. I'm sorry...

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 06/04/2010 8:44 pm

The other day I found a dream dress that was soooo cute and it was cheap and would've looked great on me... but i didn't buy it b/c of my bacne.... *sigh* its realy hard to be into fashion when you have bacne but i am really into fashion but I always have to cover my back b/c I'm so embarrased. BLEGH!

MemberMember
(@breezymonkey)

Posted : 06/12/2019 12:56 am

i completely agree acne is very irritatingand often causes me to build comfort zones of clothes and swimsuits I can wear. Recently however I purchased a tube top because life is too short! And thank god for long hair!!! See on my back where it is most noticeable I just let my hair down and it covers most of the area so I can continue dressing how I want to! I have tried many meds but my acne is still bad and wants to stay so I just wear cardigans or jackets and use my hair to cover up the mess on my back so I can still wear what I want haha