Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissNarNar

My dog scratched my face and it won't go away

So about 11 days ago, I was messing around with my dog who apparently needed to have her nails trimmed. She accidently scratched me on the face, under my eye, down to my cheek. I immediately put neosporin on it that night and it seemed to have faded by the next day. I kind of forgot about it until yesterday when I noticed that it's still swollen and now white instead of red. This scares me because a lot of my scars that were scratches are white and I know people tend to "scar more easily" on Accutane. Is there anything I can do apart from putting on Vitamin E/Neosporin that will help the swelling go down and fade the mark? I have Bio Oil but I feel like it does nothing for me and actually breaks me out more when I use it. In general, I need to find a supplement that promotes faster healing because every single bruise, scratch, popped pimple, etc., stays there at least 5 times longer.

So here are the questions a bit more simplified: Has anyone else had this experience? Do you think this dog scratch is going to be a permanent scar? Does it mean it's a scar once it's white?

Help would be MUCH appreciated. I have enough scars on my face as it is!

Don't put vitamin E on it. Studies show that vitamin e has no effect on scars and can even make them worse.

I was scratched on the arm by a puppy about 4 weeks ago which bled and it is still there, but has faded considerably.

if it isn't too deep you should be fine. the reason most pimples turn into scars is because of picking anyway. dont go crazy on the topicals either it might irritate it and make it worse. time is the only factor in wound healing.

Don't put vitamin E on it. Studies show that vitamin e has no effect on scars and can even make them worse.

I was scratched on the arm by a puppy about 4 weeks ago which bled and it is still there, but has faded considerably.

Really? I feel like vitamin e has helped fade red marks faster but it is possible that my imagination is what actually helped me deal with waiting it out, and it would have taken the same amount of time without it. The scratch didn't bleed, it wasn't an open wound that scabbed or anything, just REALLY red with a burning sensation. I wonder why it's still swollen after almost 2 weeks...ugh.

if it isn't too deep you should be fine. the reason most pimples turn into scars is because of picking anyway. dont go crazy on the topicals either it might irritate it and make it worse. time is the only factor in wound healing.

It was kind of deep even though it didn't bleed. The fact that it's white makes me scared is all. It's in an annoying spot, it almost looks like really bad under eye bags.

Thanks for the help =D

I've seen surgical scars that were *almost* invisible after using Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E on them. I just wouldn't put it on my face.

The only thing I'd use on my face while it was open would be bacitracin (or Neopsorin, if that's your preference).

If it's closed, that's another story. I think that you've been given a few reasonable suggestions.

Keep in mind, though, that tissue healing *is* dependent on other things, too - like nutrition (vitamin C, zinc, protein), hydration, and adequate rest.

I heard that msm pills or powder help with scars and red marks

I had actually never heard of MSM until your post but after doing some research it seems to be a pretty good supplement. I might try it! Thanks =D