Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sammyg

Accutane is really working ! COST AND RESULTS !

History

______

Mild Acne, but consistent.

Medications i took before accutane-Tetracycline,Minocycline,Doxycycline,Retin A,Bactrim, Differn.

Well, i just finished one month. Was on 20 MG for one month and just today i recieved the 40 MG.

My skin right now, it almost clear. About 3 active pimples.

Lips got dry so i used Aquaphor but it was really greasy so i switched to Dr.Dans which i got from my derm. Its a medicated chapstick that was intended for Accutane patients.

The doc says i will be on 40mg for 4 months and i should be finished. But im uninsured and im paying alot for all of this.

Cost

_____

Month 1

150-First time visit

35-BloodTest

35-Blood Test (only done once to check some levels in your body

218-20 MG ACCUTANE bought at SAMS club

Month 2

95-Derm visit

35-blood Test

245-40 MG accutane

Month 3

245 ( i hope it doenst go up lol)

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Do the math. thats how much it costs if you have no insurance about. its crazy

alot of ppl have IB's but i didnt have much of IB. just continued with pimples till they slowly stopped. no depression, feel happy as hell lol

feel free to ask any questions

how sensative to the sun are you? or have you noticed? you sound like me i jus started about 2 weeks ago and had pretty much no IB and im almost clear now. Jus wonderin cuz spring break and summer is coming up.

Hate to break it to you but you MIGHT experience your IB later. I went into accutane with mild consistent acne and I was very clear the first couple weeks. Once those first couple weeks passed the IB came. It wasnt that bad, but it did last pretty long. For me (currently on week 13) my complexion fluctuated greatly as some weeks I was very clear and the next I would break out. I think ive gone past this stage as I havent really gotten a pimple for almost a couple weeks now. With this being said, Ive still yet to experience dry skin :S. Ive heard that some people dont even experience the terrible dryness, which im hoping is the case for me. I know im not resistent to it as I am experiencing many side effects and everywhere else on my body is dry.

Edited by joga

The expense is well worth it. Don't get too hung up on the cost. It's better than buying useless products that don't work.

Hi - no point dwelling on the cost when you feel 'happy as hell'...Odd though how much it costs in the US - here I paid £67 (around US$109) for 60 days of 80mg/day at a Private Hospital pharmacy for generic.

Yea, its well worth it though. I really hope i dont get a IB later on. My skin is looking really good right now.

about the sun.. i live in Miami, there is sun everywhere. i try to avoid it but i still get some sunlight. i really didnt see a difference.

I live in Canada (Toronto) and my costs are:

Dr. visits: Free

Blood tests (including testing for pregnancy horomone): Free

Birth control (sponges): $40 for 3 months

30 x 40mg of Clarus: $84.77 at Shoppers Drug Mart

History

______

Mild Acne, but consistent.

Medications i took before accutane-Tetracycline,Minocycline,Doxycycline,Retin A,Bactrim, Differn.

Well, i just finished one month. Was on 20 MG for one month and just today i recieved the 40 MG.

My skin right now, it almost clear. About 3 active pimples.

Lips got dry so i used Aquaphor but it was really greasy so i switched to Dr.Dans which i got from my derm. Its a medicated chapstick that was intended for Accutane patients.

The doc says i will be on 40mg for 4 months and i should be finished. But im uninsured and im paying alot for all of this.

Cost

_____

Month 1

150-First time visit

35-BloodTest

35-Blood Test (only done once to check some levels in your body

218-20 MG ACCUTANE bought at SAMS club

Month 2

95-Derm visit

35-blood Test

245-40 MG accutane

Month 3

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Do the math. thats how much it costs if you have no insurance about. its crazy

alot of ppl have IB's but i didnt have much of IB. just continued with pimples till they slowly stopped. no depression, feel happy as hell lol

feel free to ask any questions

My cost was $131.53 . sad thing is its 40mg and it was at 95$ lol, and then went to $103 and now $131. eeeeek! im on my second month and i get like one pimple every now and then but this wasn't meant for just my face.. mostly my back and upper arms. They have some healing and drying out to do. >.< but it just started getting dry there.. so im hoping for good results lol, also I use Burt's bees lip balm its 100% natural and smells like pomegrants haha.

Cost:

First month - 95$

Second month - $103

Third month - $131.53

Dose : 40mg

(take one pill one day, and 2 the next.) repeat.

Morning:

-Wash face with dove soap.

-Apply Ultra-Lite Moisture Dew

-Apply Makeup

Night:

-Wash face with dove soap (removes makeup as well)

-Apply Ultra-Lite Moisture Dew

Appointments:

-Drive 2 hours to see Dermotologist and 2 hours back. (a like 5 minute appointment >.>)

-Blood tests -Free. (every 4 weeks)

Requirements:

-Take with food

-Drink lots of water

-Stay out of direct sunlight. (cant be in the sun for too long :S)

-NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Plan to:

Tan in a tanning salon when this is done with.. to help heal the scars :) and make some fade haha. THEN GRADUATION! :) or whichever one comes first D;

And that's pretty much it lol, I don't use stuff on my arms or back because my Dermotologist wants me to let it dry out >.<

Edited by AmbieDawn

Is $85 with no insurance? I have insurance and last month I paid $18 for accutane, but i've always wondered what the full price was.

So glad I have health insurance.

So far, it's been:

Dr. visit - $25 copay

Blood work - Free

60 pills @ 40 mg - $15

are you kidding me? i get 60 pills a month 40mg for $131.53. lucky you have health insurance.. and I'm only seventeen..

Is $85 with no insurance? I have insurance and last month I paid $18 for accutane, but i've always wondered what the full price was.

Yeah that's before insurance. I pay then send in the receipt and get 100% back.

dr visit: free

blood: free

accutane: 120 pills of 40mg for $21

The accutane, if I did not have health insurance, would have been $1,495. That's pretty ridiculous

The accutane, if I did not have health insurance, would have been $1,495. That's pretty ridiculous

If i ever decide to take it, it will be completely free for me since i am in military. I am just so afraid to resort to this:S

If i ever decide to take it, it will be completely free for me since i am in military. I am just so afraid to resort to this:S

Trust me.. it's worth it. I understand your concerns as I had the same one's you had I'm pretty sure. I looked into the long term side effects and all of the possible problems I could encounter, and I have to say that, imo, it is worth it.

You also need to think about it like this. Which person do you think is more likely to come to a website like this and tell their story: a person who had a bad experience or a person who had a good one on accutane? IMO, a person who had a good experience is more likely to be happy with his/her results and not worry about accutane again, whereas a person who had a bad experience will seek out a website to get help for his/her problem and tell their story.

So glad I have health insurance.

So far, it's been:

Dr. visit - $25 copay

Blood work - Free

60 pills @ 40 mg - $15

are you kidding me? i get 60 pills a month 40mg for $131.53. lucky you have health insurance.. and I'm only seventeen..

Yes, I really am very lucky. But then again, I work full time, and my job gives me my health insurance.

If I didn't have health insurance it would have been $859.99 instead of $15.

oh the great america (: .

i live in israel, and our medical insurance cost only 60-100 shekels a month+- which is 15-20 dollars.

A SPECIALITY PHSICIAN WILL cost maybe 6-8 dollars for a visit.

10 mg package of roaccutane(30 pills) will cost 12 dollars maybe.

but we dont have your food so were even (: (unless your food is the cause of acne...lol )

Edited by talper