Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone :wavey: . Long time reader, firs time registrar/poster :catdance:...

okay, so on to more important things...I've had acne since 17 (now 20). It's mild, in that it's only in one area really, but they're pretty big, red, painful, and they form in clusters of 3-5. I've tried numerous things. I will have clear skin for a month, and then break out for a month, and so on. Most of it, around 98% is concentrated on the upper left and right side of my face. I've never been a big BP user, but now I plan too.

The regimen I'm going to try is

- DDF Benzoyl Peroxide 5% w/ tea tree oil

- Philosophy Purity Cleanser

- Honey (a friend of mine told me to try it, so I looked it up and it took me to a site called

makeupalley. It had 92% approval rating. It's suppose to mositurize/spot treat/smooth skin)

- Hope in a Jar moisturizer

So my question is what is the order I'm to do this in?

My idea is cleanse/BP?/Honey?/moisturizer?

Do I even need the moisturizer because I have the honey? Does the Honey go before the BP? Or does the BP go before the honey?

All i know is the cleanser goes first.

I know it's a lot, but any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Edit: Diet wise, I eat a lot of fruits. Don't eat any seafood (lobster, fish, shrimp, crab, oyster, etc). I also don't eat/drink chocolates/chips/ice cream/soda (i'm not a freak, there's just no temptation for me :)). BUT i do like to eat a lot of rice/noodles (asian food) and pastries (brownies, cookies). I'm male 5'10 and weigh 145-150 lbs. And my mother had bad acne as well, up until she was 23-24. So i'm assuming a lot has to do with genetics, and i got the bad end of it, because my brother doesn't get acne (probably from my dad's side)...sadness

Edited by TofuEater

I changed it up a bit.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

DDF Benzoyl Peroxide 5% w/ tea tree oil

Honey

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

Still confused about the order a bit...

Edited by TofuEater