Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid_Cudder

Encouragement for the impatient(pics inside)

Hey there. So this topic is VERY random but I decided to post it in hopes that it will help some of you guys/gals out there who have been on the regimen for a relatively short time, ABSOLUTELY frustrated you are not seeing quick results, and thinking about quitting the regimen. I have suffered from acne (still do but NO WHERE near as bad) ever since I was 13(20 now). I have basically handed thousands of dollars to companies like Neutrogen, Clean&Clear, Proactive, and my dermatologist who prescribed me so many ointments and pills for my skin, I cant even begin to name them all. They all epicly FAILED. I being in a defeated mode just said "Fu*k it! My acne wins! You could throw a nuke on my face and it would do NOTHING!" That's how I truly felt. By the random act of chance I stumbled upon Acne.org and started reading through the forums.I was intrigued and still in my pessimistic state, said to myself "Well you know what, you've already wasted money, time, and resources on your face...A little more wont hurt." Apparently I had just a pea size amount of hope left for clearing my face. Two days later my kit came. Was I excited? Not at all(everything else failed this probably would too). Did I expect to see any changes in my face?(Nope, I basically didn't care either way this little "experiment" went but I did hope for the best while preparing for the worst.) That night I followed the regimen directions EXACTLY and continued to. This is what my skin looked like the day the regimen got to my home.

post-116717-1263431680_thumb.jpg

As you can see it was just awful. Look at all those black heads, white heads, and that GINORMOUS CYST lounging on my face and it had been there for WEEKS!. May I add that it was also a RARITY THAT I HAVE ONLY 1 CYST AT A TIME. Generally I have 3 to four at one time but this week I just had 1. This was my reality for 7 long years. Talk about confidence killer. Believe me when I say my acne killed my social life. I didnt want ANYONE and I mean not a SOUL to see my face like that. But I continued to do the regimen and said to myself just quit being impatient and stick with it. For a whole month I kept having cystic breakouts while on the regimen. After 1 month I was standing in front of the mirror with a horrid cystic outbreak and what seemed like no changes in my face and I proclaimed to myself the regimen failed me. Now the normal person would say to them-self.. "Hey you douche! Its only been one month. You didn't get acne over night and its not going to clear over night either!"..Well maybe they wouldn't have called them-self a douche but that's what I would have told myself. I was just about to give it up and I promise Dan's voice came to my head and said "Dont give up just yet. Hang in there". It sounds so corny/cliche/mentally off, but hey I'm glad it did. Because now going into month 3 on the regimen this is what my skin looks like now.

post-116717-1263431743_thumb.jpg

I CANT BELIEVE IT! BLACK HEADS! GONE! WHITE HEADS! GONE! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, NO MORE CYSTIC OUT BREAKS! Now granted I do have some post-hyperpigmentation/scarring going on but I would MUCH rather take scarring than all those pimples, black heads, white heads, and cyst on my face ANYDAY. No, my skin is not flawless but it is a hell of alot better now as you can see. I still have a long road ahead to beautiful clear skin. I may never reach that 100% breath taking flawless skin and complexion, but I am MUCH closer now than ever. I hope my little rant has encouraged those who may be early on into the regimen(i still am at 3 months) to NOT GIVE UP YET. Believe me. I mean honestly BELIEVE ME. I know whats its like to be truly hopeless, down in the dumps, and miserable from your acne. But if you are just starting the regimen or just completed a month of two and not seeing the clear skin you hoped for, STICK IN THERE! Just look at the skin I would have missed out on if I had quit when I was about to. I also cannot stress enough. !FOLLOW THE REGIMEN DIRECTIONS EXACTLY! It also helps if you can forget about your face(which is hard as hell, I know). Though I'm sure stressing over your skin is not going to help it or your over all health while on the regimen. Make the regimen important but do it as though your brushing your teeth or taking a shower. Like its just another part of your hygienic routine. Standing before the mirror day after day looking for results is just torture on your mind. Let it do its job, don't stress over it, and you will hopefully see results soon! I wish the best of luck to everyone in the pursuit of clear, acne-free skin!

-Kid_Cudder

post-116717-1263431680_thumb.jpg

post-116717-1263431743_thumb.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your encouraging post!!

I am only on week 2 of the regimen and keep telling myself everyday that it's going to to it's job so I should just stick with it. When I read posts like yours i feel much better and know I am not alone in the struggle. My cysts are still around, i have 3-4 at the moment, but they are deeper in my skin and can't really be seen. Which is better than when I started the Regimen two weeks ago, you could see them lounging on my skin, like you mentioned.

Your skin looks so much better now, I hope it keeps improving and you keep posting more pics as it works!

Thanks again and I will stick to it if you will :)

I love before and afters! :) Your story and pictures are very inspiring and show just how important it is to be patient and have a good attitude about the process. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your encouraging post!!

I am only on week 2 of the regimen and keep telling myself everyday that it's going to to it's job so I should just stick with it. When I read posts like yours i feel much better and know I am not alone in the struggle. My cysts are still around, i have 3-4 at the moment, but they are deeper in my skin and can't really be seen. Which is better than when I started the Regimen two weeks ago, you could see them lounging on my skin, like you mentioned.

Your skin looks so much better now, I hope it keeps improving and you keep posting more pics as it works!

Thanks again and I will stick to it if you will :)

;) Thank you for the kind words and yes. Just hold on, stick to the regimen and follow the directions precisely. If your having just an insanely rough day with outbreaks and just fed up with your face( it happens here and there) and thinking about quitting, just tell yourself "one more day". If you can tell yourself "just one more day", that "one day" will turn into weeks and you will walk past the mirror and say "OMG! MY FACE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!" I am for SURE staying on the regimen because it is the ONLY thing that has ever helped me at all. I will continue to post pics along my journey and I wish you the very best on yours ^_^

I know what you mean man I ordered the regimen like 3 weeks ago and I wanted it to work on day 2 but by now week 3 my skin is clearing so great!

Its good you kept with it! I was in the same boat and just so impatient. I was like "JUST WORK ALREADY!" Lol. But it just takes times like all things *_^

personaly i think that shit ruined your face, your skin looks isn't acne riddeld but just bad looking, your lucky ur black otherwise that would look hurendous. personal opinion everybody.. dont attack me

personaly i think that shit ruined your face, your skin looks isn't acne riddeld but just bad looking, your lucky ur black otherwise that would look hurendous. personal opinion everybody.. dont attack me

Personal opinion? More like, rudest comment I may possibly ever have read on this site.

Just... wow. That really was not nice. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I gave anyone comments like that... the nerve of some people.

Anyway, I think this person is just out to hurt others to make him/herself feel better. Don't let this person's comment get you down, your skin looks amazing! I hope you continue to get great results. :)

What a great story! And your skin looks great. I agree, this is the ONLY thing that has worked for me as well. And it's SO MUCH CHEAPER than anything else I've tried. Seriously, I was use to tiny bottles of stuff for like $60 per month. Not cool. I wish I would have found this site before I wasted all my money on empty promises!

YO kid cuddler...i totally agree with you on the THIS HAS BEEN THE ONLY THING THAT HAS REALLY WORKED FOR ME soo i better dammnn stick with it...and yeah im on the four month mark and damn my skin is like a different kind now...yeah still have some hyperpigmentations/red marks but they are going away with aloe vera i incorporated into the regimen! every other day.....faster....anyways I KNOW SOON (JUST GOTTA BE PATIENT) we will reach that crystal clear skin :)