Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Where Can I buy Apple Cider Vinegar?

are all brands okay to use? or are there some that have preservatives in them? please school me.

I only shop at trader joe's, would they sell it there?

Bragg's is the best brand I believe. Just make sure whatever brand you buy is raw, unfiltered, and includes the "mother".

God no :[ I first started taking ACV a few weeks ago, along with fish oil and a clean diet I was seeing results, but I quit the diet because it was too hard. Tomorrow I'm going back on the diet, but ever since then I've been on a regular diet (eating junk, etc) and taking ACV in apple juice (not sure if this is lessening the effects, because before I was taking it in shots) and my face is like yuck =P

So my advice would be definitely only do this if you're on a modified diet to compliment the ACV, if not I doubt you'll see any improvement. Hopefully starting tomorrow my face will start to clear up again :]

God no :[ I first started taking ACV a few weeks ago, along with fish oil and a clean diet I was seeing results, but I quit the diet because it was too hard. Tomorrow I'm going back on the diet, but ever since then I've been on a regular diet (eating junk, etc) and taking ACV in apple juice (not sure if this is lessening the effects, because before I was taking it in shots) and my face is like yuck =P

So my advice would be definitely only do this if you're on a modified diet to compliment the ACV, if not I doubt you'll see any improvement. Hopefully starting tomorrow my face will start to clear up again :]

damn.. aite well good luck.

I just finished fasting. Junk food is an addiction of mine. Hopefully, I can maintain..

Good luck bro.

I tried fasting but only lasted 3 days. Did you find that it helped your skin alot?

I have been fasting for 7 days..

I also did this last summer too, but I binged ate pizza and junk after my fast.. that was a waste of a fast and this is also potentially dangerous to your body.

I am going to start my new diet after this fast..

It's hard though I know how you feel I am addicted to junk food - carbs, sugar, all the good stuff.

I hope this is all worth it in the end.

But to ansewr your question, hasn't really changed, your body is detoxing so it might get a little worse

I don't find the diet as hard as the effects it has on your body. 3 days after I quit sugar 100%, my body went into like shock mode and I could barely stand up, but I decided this time I'll do it no matter what, even if I have to lay in bed for a few days until the effects go away.

It's worth your while to invest in a juicer. Craigslist is usually a good place if you don't want to spend very much. They're in excellent shape, since people tend to impulse buy and never use it.

I don't endorse the three day apple fast. I know it was the craze some time ago; and, of course, the "author" (terrible writer) also has E-books available for weight loss, moles, etc. He either has had every problem known to man, or he's poorly capitalizing on desperation.

A fast should have two objectives: Detoxify and supply the body with fuel necessary to repair itself. With that in mind, a juice fast is ideal. It's a well-rounded, optimal source of nutrition while clearing out the bad stuff. I have recipes available upon request.

Mine was cut short to two days, since a friend came back from a five year stint in the service. So, drinking and a lot of take-out. Despite that, those two days had a phenomenal impact on my nodulocystic acne. I felt great for the following week and a half too.

It's tough to commit to eating whole foods and very time consuming. Juicing makes it easy. You can squeeze in twenty servings of veggies with four glasses, believe it or not.

--

RecoverMe, if you're not doing the "seven day liver cleanse" (which incorporates vegetable broths and actual food) then you're treading in dangerous waters. A fast exceeding five days can become detrimental to the body. Be careful.

Edited by Golden Slumbers

I did a modified fast last summer where I only drank vegetable juice. My acne went away completely and I had plenty of energy. But, it came back when I resumed my previous diet. I think if I fasted again and resumed the diet I have been doing lately it would help tremendously. But, some of the supplements I'm on are supposed to be taken with a meal so I'm waiting until I empty those bottles.

Might be a dumb question, but would you have to make the juice yourself or could you buy like V8 vegetable juice?

Might be a dumb question, but would you have to make the juice yourself or could you buy like V8 vegetable juice?

For my fast, I just drank organic pasteurized apple juice and pure artesian water. I mixed the applejuice with detox herbals from blessedherbs.com

As for regular juice for meals, I have fun with it.

I just made and drinking right now as we speak juice with the following..

-handful of blueberries

-handful of blackberries

-cauliflower

-broccoli

-carrots

-microgreens (from traderjoes)

-spinach

-mixed leafs

I bought all those from Trade Joes hence it's all organic.

I switch it up a lot.. I'll add an apple or a banana (but I am starting to avoid these because of high sugar content). This will make it taste better.

But you can be versatile with your juices and smoothies.

I drink green smoothies, it's really good for you, and I store it and drink it within 24hours. Mixed berries, half a green apple, the occasional bit of banana, whatever is available, water and lots of spinach. It's a good dinner/after dinner drink and it makes me feel good about myself yay for smoothies.

No, it's a valid question. V8 (regular, fusion, splash) is all marketed well, but is also a sham. It's definitely much better than Koolaid, though it is a combination of synthetic ingredients and juice concentrate. (Underneath "100% juice reads "From Concentrate.")

"What is wrong with Juice Concentrate?"

Concentrate does come from real fruit/vegetables, but the process is the problem. After going through a commercial grade juicer, the juice is pumped into a tank. In this tank, the juice is brought just below its boiling point and dehydrated until it's seven times its normal concentration.

You probably know that boiling or baking fruits or vegetables will diminish their amount of nutrients. Now imagine doing so until the each individual piece is 1/7 its natural size. Furthermore, extracted juice is more vulnerable to the elements than whole food. The process is designed only to reduce packing and shipping costs, and it ruins everything.

"Crap. Is there genuine, fresh juice out there?"

Yes, but in this context it doesn't help. In most grocery stores, the only real juice is found in select brands of orange juice and prune juice. Dear god, prune juice. Stores with health sections have the good stuff, but it costs a fortune for very little in portion.

"I'm tired of reading what you're writing. Get to the point."

If you want results, acne and overall health, you'll have to do it yourself. I recommend Breville juicers, but Jack LaLanne juicers can be found cheaper and still get the job done. The base for most recipes are carrots. Lots of carrots. Which means lots of beta carotene. Which converts into lots of vitamin A. Which (I'm going to stop saying "which"), you know, is what Accutane is all about. But in this case, you will never reach toxicity levels; no health risk, only gain. It's all-natural, unlike Joan Rivers--who is more like V8 juice, began natural and is now unnatural in every way.

The big idea is, you can get a surplus in all the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants, etc. that you need to make your body run like a well-oiled machine. Supplements are iffy. The natural way is the sure way.

Flaxseed oil is pricey, but excellent idea in adding to your creations. Black currant isn't a bad idea either.

"I'm tired of reading what you're writing. Get to the point." <- lmao. Nah, I love reading your posts, thanks a ton for the info. You said the main things is carrots, but aren't those also high in sugar? Does that not matter?

Sometimes I get carried away, though. :boohoo: I also play the violin, or did for three months in the third grade. How is the smallest violin in the world larger than the emoticon-person? These things, I ponder. ANYWAY;

Natural Sugar: Distinguished or Dangerous? That is a great question; especially since a lot of acne suffers fear the word sugar. I'm not an expert, but, then again, I haven't met a dermatologist who was either. I can still give a pretty good answer.

First off, there's a lot of fright over high-fructose corn syrup--and since fructose is what we call natural sugar, it makes everything hazy. The short answer is: HFCS is actually a refined sugar. Classic commercialized misdirection. So no one should associate fructose with bad stuff.

Fructose breaks down more slowly than sucrose (refined sugar). Much more slowly. This is excellent because it gives the body ample time to react. Less stress, less mess. Whereas refined sugar is an immediate "BAM!" That's where you get your insulin spikes. I think the best visual example is... Imagine sucrose as a vagrant on crystal meth, jumping off stuff. Fructose is the guy floating on a swimming pool raft, with beautiful women serving him drinks. Relaxed and safe.

Even though relaxed and safe, your body could still use a hand. That's where your fish oil comes in (also why I recommended adding flaxseed to juice). It will keep everything in happy harmony.

For international peeps you can get bragg's organic (unpasteurised, raw, with mother, 5% acidity) ACV off iherb or vitacost for only $5. Shipping off iherb is $4 and vitacost should be $5-$10.