Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TTPW4227

I'm extremely shiny. Is this normal?

This is my first day so I guess it might be too soon to ask but I'm curious. Maybe I used too much moisturizer in proportion to the small amount of BP for week one? I hear all these people talking about how flaky their faces are but since I'm the opposite I'm wondering if I should bump up the BP a bit.

This is my first day so I guess it might be too soon to ask but I'm curious. Maybe I used too much moisturizer in proportion to the small amount of BP for week one? I hear all these people talking about how flaky their faces are but since I'm the opposite I'm wondering if I should bump up the BP a bit.

Welcome :)

I recently started the Regimen too, been about 2 weeks now. I would stick to the Regimen as closely as possible and not deviate from it. Everyone should use the same amount of BP when starting out.

I have oily skin and a non-comedogenic moisturizer is a necessity I think, mainly because if you don't use moisturizer, your skin will secrete even more oil to try and make up for the dryness caused by BP. If it's not to bad, I would just deal with the oily-ness.

Good luck!

Edited by Sweetsleep

I've been on the regimen for about three weeks. It gives my skin a better complexion, and I like that it makes it a bit shiny. I do not think it is noticeably shiny to other people, but I notice because I spend much time looking at my skin to maintain good care.

-Axarraekji

hi! I'm on my third week of the regimen, and my face seems more dewy. However, the first week was horrible. haha, my face was SO dry and flaky, so maybe you should up the bp a little...

Which moisturizer are you using? It could be that, too. I'm using the Cetaphil Moisturizer and it sort of makes my face look a little shiny.

Anyway, keep on the regimen! It works! (Slowly but surely... =]=]=] )

I personally can't stand having an oily face, it's disgusting. so I'm going to try to do the regimen at night and just spot treat during the day.