Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaggoT

Large zit turned into large bump under skin

So I had this huge zit coming in. Lots and lots of pain and huge swolen area under the skin. Tried icing it and drying it out. I then applied some Cortizone 10 cream to reduce inflammation, redness and pain. Which all of that is gone now after one short day after using the cream. Now I have a large hard bump under my skin. It is smaller than at the beginning before the Cortizone 10 cream, but its still a large hard bump under the skin. You cant see it but you know its there when you touch it. Any tips? I have been reading up on Polysporin, think that might help? Please any help to reduce this hard bump would be very appreciated.

Edited by MaggoT

Is it sore to the touch? Then you have underlying matter.

If it isn't sore to the touch, it is just mild scarring. It will go away as your skin renews.

Is it sore to the touch? Then you have underlying matter.

If it isn't sore to the touch, it is just mild scarring. It will go away as your skin renews.

Somewhat sore to the touch, not as much when it was hugely swollen and I could barely touch it because it hurt so much. So what do you suggest if there is still some underlying matter?

what s.m. said. Be really patient with cysts, those do not need to be popped right away.

Be very very patient... too much squeezing can damage blood vessels and surrounding pores.

what s.m. said. Be really patient with cysts, those do not need to be popped right away.

Be very very patient... too much squeezing can damage blood vessels and surrounding pores.

thats what i did when i had 2 cysts on top of each other , now i have a seemingly permanent HUGE red mark as a reminder..

Please go to a derm. I think a GP can also handle it. They can inject it with cortisone and that'll kill the cyst in a couple of days. But you should get it handled asap otw it can scar !