Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will my two extremely large cysts leave a crater as big as they are when they're gone? I'm on accutane and so far they haven't started to get smaller yet but it hasn't even been 2 months. The cysts are pretty big, about 3-4 cm wide and they puff out. Theyve been there for a few months. They're very squishy and have been so big at times that they start to drain themselves and all I have to do is lightly push on it and alot of it drains...but then fills up a few hours later. They've done that a few times already and i'm concerned I will have two huge holes in my face. What kind of scars will cyst like that leave? does anyone know? Oh, and i've had quite a few bad pimples and none have left scars. So i don't know if that says anything.

You never know.

My advice to you is to get cortisone shots. Then immediately get those round bandaids and put them on a for a week. Do NOT touch them, peel off dead skin, scratch them. No neosporin or any ointments on them...

I've gotten them in the past, and the cyst comes back exactly the same :( Plus, I can't because I'm taking the accutane in a study that doesn't allow any other medications, injections, or drainings. I can only take the accutane. But I never squeeze on them, they always drain on their own. And i always moisturize. I was peeling off dry skin a LOT when i first got them but I don't anymore. I just leave them alone.

if they're 'squishy' and draining themselves they don't sound like the type that would leave indentations.. usually the ones that leave deep scars are the huge, hard, painful ones (at least for me). i could be wrong. but if you havent scarred in the past that seems like a good sign.

Yeah, they are definitely large and squishy. They're painful when i press too hard, but that's pretty obvious why. Thank you for your reply, you made me feel a little calmer about the situation.