Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi

has anyone had stubborn forhead acne and helped to keep it under control??

It's the one place for me that gets really bad. I get whiteheads and postules and i've tried so many things from topical to hormonal or antibiotics yet nothing seems to get rid of it. they get really red and aggressive too. I've tried zineryt, panoxyl, dianette, erythromycin, minocin, tetralysal, dalacin t and NOTHING has made them budge its just in one concentrated area but its so embarrassing and really getting me don. I hardly go a day without a new one forming and the discolouation never gets a chance to heal. can anyone help with any suggestions or from personal experience?? I would be really grateful thanks.

Karen

Moved to the Mild To Moderate Acne board. (The Announcements And Feedback board is for discussing technical issues on the boards, and specifically says in its description, "To have an acne related question answered, make sure to post in one of the other forums below".)

I'd look at hair products for irritants, then mechanical irritants like hats.

I'd consider switching to Head & Shoulders Classic Clean, then establishing a good regimen.

I didn't get forhead acne, but I used to get hairline acne a lot. Finding the right shampoo and conditioner for me was the key.

i am exactly the same... my forehead is really bad, i have scars and cysts and lots of spots

my forhead always is red and is never the same colour as the rest of my face

are you like this???

wierd thing is the rest of my face is okay

Yeah. I have loadsa acne over the place....

But the worst bit is going to be the acne on the forehead. I personally use Garnier Fructis shampoo.. Or herbal essences..

Trying BP and sacylic acid... but it remains there... Must be ma hair over face is bad for it..

i am exactly the same... my forehead is really bad, i have scars and cysts and lots of spots

my forhead always is red and is never the same colour as the rest of my face

are you like this???

wierd thing is the rest of my face is okay

yes in general my face is pretty clear, bar the odd one or to. i just dont get it because it's so stubborn and in one general area and have tried so many things and it is never clear!

Me too! I'm actually quite confused. I have never had any acne on my chin area. I only had cheek acne when I was on my Topicals (Fing topicals) but my forehead has ALWAYS been the place where I break out. My hair isn't long or anything. I don't use any products. It is however my most oily area. Is there a reason one tends to get forehead acne as opposed to other acne? I know hormones definitely play a part in where you break out. Someone said theres a connection to your liver and forehead acne somewhere here on these boards.

Me too. 98% of my acne is on my forehead, specifically the sides, with little bumpy ones inbetween.

I used to use head & shoulders classic, but I've switched to an all organic shampoo (live clean invigorating shampoo). I've read the zinc in the Cassic H&S has caused people break outs around the forehead, because of the zinc. That's why I switched, but it's only been 1 day with the new shampoo, so I haven't seen any results....yet.

same here, acne is usually on my forehead. i usually wear hats to cover up my forehead because its drenched in acne. its quite shameful really, i dont' even know why i get acne there considering i don't even have hair there, im bald headed.