Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kryscko

missing 5-6 days during treatment

I've been on 40mg accutane for 1 month and I'm starting to see a major difference, my face has gotten really dry and is slowly starting to clear up :D .

Anyway, I had to go out of town on a business emergency and cant take it for 1 week (because I've ran out)- has anyone done this, will 5-6 days off make a huge difference??

Missing days shouldnt really be a problem..think i read this.

Basically its cumalative, in total. Not needing to be taken every single night or at the exact time everyday like some pills. (although it is better if you do)

You should be fine. I had a couple times where i had to go a week without because of not being able to get an appointment at my derm. during the week i was supposed to. I also had to stop once for 5 days due to being on antibiotics from being sick. I never had a problem with breaking out when i had a lapse in taking my pills. Like Krysko said, it cummulates in your body, so it wont be like you are completely stopping.

Yup missing a few days isn't a problem.

I had to travel overseas for a week to a really dry climate, and my derm even asked if i wanted to just stop taking accutane for the week i was there. So it should really be fine to skip out on a week.