Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nomore

Triclosan

anyone use it .. i was thinking about washing with it in the shower before i put on the bp.. just a thought.. anyone else try it?

Do a Google search for triclosan. There's a number of peer-reviewed articles about it out there, many of which are in everyday understandable English.

Triclosan really DOES kill germs and I enjoy a number of products that contain it. (Dial antibacterial soap--the clear orange bar kind with vitamins--smells great, I use it on my back.)

The only problem I have with it, is that it kills EVERYTHING. Not just P. acnes--EVERYTHING. So you might not want to use it on...erm, sensitive areas, because there's *good* bacteria that you probably don't want to part with.

Also, I don't have sensitive or dry skin in any way--but I've found many triclosan products to be very drying.

Not saying it's not worth a try, though. What product containing triclosan were you intending to use?

Spots be gone,

What do you think about Clearasil Daily Face Wash for Sensitive Skin? I was looking into the Daily Face Wash (not for sensitive skin) and it contains .30% triclosan.

~JiN*

I do actually really like the Clearasil Sensitive Skin face wash. I just used it, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all! I'm sure not everybody would get the same results as me (i have combination skin that isn't all that sensitive) but it does seem pretty gentle. And it really, really gets me clean. I've had good results with Clearasil Sensitive Skin face wash.

I'm not at all opposed to triclosan, but if it's in something like body wash or dish soap, it REALLY dries me out. And I'm a little skeeved out by how it kills *everything*, but the Clearasil Sensitive Skin stuff doesn't have much in it.

It's good to hear that the Clearasil Sensitive Skin Wash isn't that harmful. Haha. I got a reply from HAPPYFOURTH....and he/she told me that the cleanser doesn't give irritation, redness, peeling, breakouts, or drying. I think this cleanser is safe. It really has nothing in it. Just aloe, triclosan, glycerin and etc.

~JiN*