Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curious80

new to Dan;s Reg

Hello everyone!

I am new to this website...I actually came across it last week while browsing. I have been struggling with acne...painful acne for as long as I can remember. I have tried everything and nothing has worked to the slightest.

I just recently purchased Dan Kerns Reg. I have not received it in the mail yet but was wondering if I can get some input from anyone. Does it really work?

Also, this may sound funny, but I would think using all of that benzoyl peroxide would stain everything, including pillow cases!!!??? Do I stand correct?

The Regimen does, indeed, work. It's helped so many people (myself included). Just follow the instructions precisely, and you should have a pretty positive experience.

Also, BP doesn't stain fabrics; it bleaches them. Here's what Dan has to say about it (from the FAQs):

Q: What can I do to help prevent BP from bleaching my stuff?

A: The fact that BP bleaches fabric is in my opinion its biggest drawback. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it. However, these tips may help:

• Wash and dry hands thoroughly after handling benzoyl peroxide.

• Do not rub sweat from your face on your clothing.

• Put your clothes on first, then apply BP. If you apply BP first and then put on your clothes, hold your shirt neck holes open wide while pulling them so they don't touch the face. Do the same when removing your shirts.

• Use white towels.

• Wear a white t-shirt under clothing if you are treating your back/chest with BP.

• Dab sweat off with a clean dry towel to avoid run-off onto clothing.

• Take your shirt off before washing your face in the sink so the wash water doesn't get splashed onto your shirt by accident.

• When washing at the sink, if you have a carpeted bathroom, place a towel under your feet to catch any drips that may fall while you are washing.

• Use white pillowcases and sheets. In a pinch, an old t-shirt can also be used as a pillowcase.

It really does work. I had the severe painful kind as well, and am now in my 8th week and am about 95% clear. It takes a lot of patience and definitely follow what they say about giving it an entire three months, but it does work. good luck!